PDA

View Full Version : Gear bag dilemma.

rkjunior303
02-07-2006, 11:46 AM
OK, so I'm on the hunt for a new gearbag for the 06 season. I picked up one of the Ultimate gear bags from Empire at IAO, but it's just too small these days. I love the pockets and how everything packs away in the Empire but I find it's just not big enough. I would go with the NXe but the compartment system bugs me -- What can I say, I have an OCD. I like my stuff to be in certain places.

This is what I need to fit in it:

DM6
04 Cyborg
2 68/4500 tanks
2 Halos
Matchstik kit with 14''/16'' tips and .689/.693 backs
Dye Ultralite kit with 14''/16'' tips and .689/.693 backs
Redz 4+3 pack
NXe 3+2+2 pack
I've carried up to 15 pods
Dye Core elbow pads
Dye Core Knee pads
Evil Pants (2 pairs)
Jerseys (usually 2-3)
Underarmor shirt
Cleats
2 profilers
field stuff: squeegees, rags, spray bottle
Toolbox (decent size)

magman007
02-07-2006, 12:13 PM
maybe look into one of the dye bags? if i remember correctly the weekender or the 4 day roller are both massive bags. maybe one of them will fit what you are looking for?

Aslan
02-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I have nothing to add on this.

I currently use two suitcases, a cr$p gearbag that I bought for $10 on ebay (I use it for my masks), two I&I gun bags, and a military backpack (Called an Annie sack or something like that???).

The one suitcase, I custom made it by adding layers of foam with the shape of the guns cut out. To keep it's shape, I used a couple layers of hard construction insulation (pink sheets) and for softness I used a couple mattress pads. I cut out two spots for tanks and two spots for guns.

Problems:
1) Absolutely NOT Agg! I look like quite the tool lugging around suitcases. :rofl:

2) When I upgrade by gun whore fetish...I pretty much have to recut everything. :spit_take

Other than that...it's highly protective for the guns and easy to carry. :hail: I use another suitcase to carry some other guns and spare parts.

I bought a hard gun case on Ebay...got totally ripped off. I guess I should have asked for the dimensions...it's big enough for me to use for my .45 pistol...but I can't even fit my smallest paintball gun in it...and it pisses me off that they advertised it as a "paintball gun case." :mad: I also bought some extreme rage gun case...it's decent...but I can only fit one gun in it.

If I ever get the time and money, I'm planning on building a cabinet for all my stuff in my garage, then I won't need so many bags, cases, etc...to store all my guns. I never really planned on owning 10-13...it just sort of happens I guess. :rolleyes:

rkjunior303
02-07-2006, 12:24 PM
maybe look into one of the dye bags? if i remember correctly the weekender or the 4 day roller are both massive bags. maybe one of them will fit what you are looking for?

possibly. i have a feeling i'm just going to go with the NXe bags, since I know it will fit. I'm wondering if I can cram everything into the PE bag. technically it's smaller, but it has more main compartment room. I like not having to take my tanks off, so thats a plus. I can deal with carrying out my toolkit separate.

soccer4minimags
02-07-2006, 12:30 PM
go to lowes and get one of those big rolling tool boxes.

I bought one a few years ago. Works great. I carry tools, squeegies, batteries, small stuff, etc in the top removable tray. There are also little boxes on the lid of the box for other small stuff you want to keep seperate.

Underneath I have room for 2 guns, a small tool pouch, a 68/45, and a halo. The whole thing is lockable. Very heavy duty.

The box is lowes "task force" brand. I haven't seen them selling them in a while, all they have now are smaller stanley ones.

soccer4minimags
02-07-2006, 12:32 PM
The soft stuff like jerseys and pants you can roll up and stuff in where there is space.

I don't know what you'd do with the goggles though. I have never been fond of putting my goggles in my gear bags. I always carry them seperate.

Lohman446
02-07-2006, 12:38 PM

Has anyone ever asked a question, on any subject, that you have not somehow managed to recommend something made by Dye? :cheers:

rkjunior303
02-07-2006, 12:45 PM
Has anyone ever asked a question, on any subject, that you have not somehow managed to recommend something made by Dye? :cheers:

Bill thinks that if he tries hard enough, he can get Ollie Lang to play on MO.com

FSU_Paintball
02-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Empire and eclipse make gigantic bags. I'm sure Dye's bag is nice as well. And I think they use good wheels too. Make sure you look at the wheels. The rollerblade style doesn't cut it for stability when you're dragging it over rough terrain.

I carried a huge Redz bag around with me for a couple of years. At Cup I bought a Proto backpack. OMG, never going back to the Redz monstrosity. The backpack is so well laid out that I can carry 90% of the stuff I had in the Redz bag, and it's SO MUCH EASIER to cart around. Gun+tank+hopper, barrels, pads, nalgene water canteen, snaks, pack + pods, large tool pack, mask, jersey, extra hopper. No problem.

I can't carry an extra marker, and I don't think my cleats would fit in there (I could always tie them to one of the expansion straps) but I think it's great. Supercushioned on the back and straps too, very comfy.

http://www.skanline.com/images/large/products/18-4-06pbp.jpg

rkjunior303
02-07-2006, 01:39 PM
I would like to be able to carry all of my gear to events, including both gun setups. Those backpacks are nice, as are the Empire/Redz bags -- I have an empire bag myself. I would just like something larger.

WenULiVeUdiE
02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Check out the Eclipse bags. They have enough room to hold 3 markers with tanks attached and lots of other pockets. That's my $0.02.

Arstron
02-07-2006, 03:30 PM
What is the actual size of the empire ultimate bag? I have been considering getting one. Right now I use a huge duffle bag to carry my tanks, hoppers, jersey, and backup guns in and a mettal case to carry my tools and both main markers in. If I could use my actual tool box for my tools and one bag to carry all my equipment that would be great! :D

rkjunior303
02-07-2006, 03:46 PM
What is the actual size of the empire ultimate bag? I have been considering getting one. Right now I use a huge duffle bag to carry my tanks, hoppers, jersey, and backup guns in and a mettal case to carry my tools and both main markers in. If I could use my actual tool box for my tools and one bag to carry all my equipment that would be great! :D

it's the size of an XL sized duffle bag. IT has a internal frame, so it keeps shape. One side is the marker pocket -- it fits a marker w/ tank then another pouch for another marker. Under the markers, a folding barrel caddy rolls into it -- it will hold an entire 11pc kit (handy). on the other side is a pod compressor. It holds 16 pods i believe and a pack. Both sides have zippered pouches on the outside and inside.. On the ends, theres room for other stuff. One side i kept 2 masks, cleats and rags. the other side I had all my clothes crammed into it: 3-4 jerseys, elbow/knee pads, towel, underarmor, and a pair of pants.

It's real big. if I wasn't such a gunwhore it'd be perfect. It's perfect size now, but once I get my 2nd tank-- it's too small.

Pyroboy597
02-07-2006, 03:50 PM
My cousin has the Empire Ultimate bag, and you could fit every employee from your local Taco Bell into it.

UTDragun
02-07-2006, 04:00 PM
http://www.lacrosse.com/Images/Catalog/ProductImages/300/92174.JPG
this is what I use for lacrosse. I shove paintball stuff in it during the offseason.

dim.
44"L x 15"W x 13"H
8500ci

Automaggot68
02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I have an empire bag.
The thing is HUGE.
I jsut cleaned all of my gear last night.
At the lowest point of my gun whore stage, I pit two RED 5/5 pakcs with eblts, five guns, four 45/68 tanks, it has an area for barrels, two flex 7's, two profilers, 10pods, and a whole slew of other stuff.

rkjunior303
02-07-2006, 04:07 PM
I have an empire bag.
The thing is HUGE.
I jsut cleaned all of my gear last night.
At the lowest point of my gun whore stage, I pit two RED 5/5 pakcs with eblts, five guns, four 45/68 tanks, it has an area for barrels, two flex 7's, two profilers, 10pods, and a whole slew of other stuff.

i call shenanigans. I can't fit that in my empire ultimate.

slade
02-07-2006, 04:19 PM
DM6
04 Cyborg
2 68/4500 tanks
2 Halos
Matchstik kit with 14''/16'' tips and .689/.693 backs
Dye Ultralite kit with 14''/16'' tips and .689/.693 backs
Redz 4+3 pack
NXe 3+2+2 pack
I've carried up to 15 pods
Dye Core elbow pads
Dye Core Knee pads
Evil Pants (2 pairs)
Jerseys (usually 2-3)
Underarmor shirt
Cleats
2 profilers
field stuff: squeegees, rags, spray bottle
Toolbox (decent size)
damn... so i guess it doesnt matter if i get that cyborg anyway, youll be carrying a full setup for me :p

maybe i could trade my NXe bag for your empire, id want to take a look at it first. im not quite as much of a whore as you are, and i see no reason to carry two masks and two tanks... im guessing the empire will fit everything i have well.

magman007
02-07-2006, 04:28 PM

because lol, they make everything for evers situation! i mean they are dye arent they?

actually i suggested it because i remeber dayspring having one, and it being freeking massive, then again, i remember Sniper1rfa fitting into the nxe bag, and he isnt that small of a person either.

Automaggot68
02-07-2006, 04:56 PM
i call shenanigans. I can't fit that in my empire ultimate.

Masks go into the top of the bag, where the extending handle is.
Lenses are removed though, don't wanna crack them.
I put my lenses 'stacked' on each other, in a ziplock baggy, and placed them on top of the masks.
Packs are removed from belts, folded with apnts and put in the bottom, as you can't ruin them.
Guns with no tanks, hoppers, etc, on one side
BArrels go into the rollup barrel thingy.
Air systems placed vertically on the other, to allow room for hoppers.
Tools are placed int he exterior side pockets.

Maybe you're just dumb, Rob?

SpecialBlend2786
02-07-2006, 05:43 PM
The Proto bags are fairly nice, not 100% sure if it will fit all the clothing you're taking too though. It should.

And yeah, automaggot's bag barely fit in the back of our station wagon. that thing is massive.

-Tab
02-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I read something about a Paintball Body Bag in a magazine. It looked like it held a lot of gear and had a lot of handy little spaces.
I tried searching for it, and it came up as an Empire gear bag. I don't recall the article I read saying anything about Empire.

I think it's pretty old, so maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about.

rkjunior303
02-07-2006, 08:32 PM
I read something about a Paintball Body Bag in a magazine. It looked like it held a lot of gear and had a lot of handy little spaces.
I tried searching for it, and it came up as an Empire gear bag. I don't recall the article I read saying anything about Empire.

I think it's pretty old, so maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about.

i saw these at IAO -- the Empire bags were bigger.

Automaggot68
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
i saw these at IAO -- the Empire bags were bigger.

So get one.
OR AM I LYING AGAIONM!?

HK RULEZ!!@!

BeaverEater
02-07-2006, 09:37 PM
ya i used to have a paintball body bag and it was amazing, i was able to fit 2 full setups, 2 packs, about 10 pods, my mask, my pants/jersey, and my cleats in it. They are roughly the size of the empire bags and only cost about 90 bucks new. I bought mine brand new for 50 bucks off ebay.

rkjunior303
02-07-2006, 10:25 PM
:mad:
So get one.
OR AM I LYING AGAIONM!?

HK RULEZ!!@!

i have one already

/ya rly

Chris_automag_07
02-07-2006, 10:49 PM
my Lincoln is for sale ;)

StygShore
02-08-2006, 01:33 AM
My favorite so far

http://www.paintballbodybags.com/

The Mega is cheaper than most, stronger than most, and holds more than most.

My gear bag currently has:

Karta Mag
Sniper Pump
2 20oz CO2
92/4500 nitro
3 pairs gloves
JT pro pants
Proto Goggles
2 Pairs Flex 7 goggles
3 Skullsocks ( anyone know where I can get more of these? )
2 pairs socks
2 jerseys
Neck protector
zip up tool pouch with gun lock manuals, tapes, lanyards, and small stuff
Reloader B
2 Revis
1/2 case of paint
Knee pads
Elbow pads
4 white shop cloths
4 plastic tool boxes ( smallish 8x4x1 )
syn 4 pack pack with 2 extra tubes ( clips to outside )
Playing cleats ( also clips to outside )
2 barrels in tubes
4 squeegies
J&J Full Tilt kit in hard plastic case
various other small things

And there is still room in this thing. Only thing I am kinda iffy on is the smaller wheels, but the strap accross the ends and the shoulder strap make it pretty easy to carry.

Styg

PaintballSmurf13
02-08-2006, 03:11 AM
im having the same issues looking at gear bags.

the JT bag looks good though. They are huge! you could easily put everything you need in it.

Ryan

Vex
02-08-2006, 04:54 AM
and a military backpack (Called an Annie sack or something like that???).
It's called an "Alice" pack.

Arstron
02-08-2006, 08:06 AM
My favorite so far

http://www.paintballbodybags.com/

The Mega is cheaper than most, stronger than most, and holds more than most.

And there is still room in this thing. Only thing I am kinda iffy on is the smaller wheels, but the strap accross the ends and the shoulder strap make it pretty easy to carry.

Styg

"MEGABODY" SIZE IS 34"L X 14-1/2"W X 15"H.

Wow those look perfect for what I need, its wider and taller then what I have, plus it has compartments. If it can keep that paint from busting in the middle, then I am sure I wont be able to hurt my evolution! Thanks for the link!

Baby Huey
02-08-2006, 09:30 AM
http://www.punisherspb.com/smart-parts-the-ark-gear-bag-black.aspx

I have the Smart Parts ark and you could fit a couple bodies in there.

I run with:
both my shockers
full freak kit
2 crossfire tanks'
2 dye invisions
2 pants
2 jerseys
socks, shorts, tshirts
elbow, knee pads
sneakers
pods pack, 8 pods
tool box (about 14x5x6)
2 reloaders
powerades

and other stuff. Point being that all my stuff fits and there is still extra room. Has wheels and a retractable handle like luggage. has a seperate bottom compartment that is great when all your clothes are paint and mud to keep them off the rest of your stuff. The only downside is that one time I packed this thing as full as it would go and it weighed like 300 Lbs. Good luck and God Bless.