PDA

View Full Version : Anno a retro valve???

UltraMag527
02-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I have a Emag, but I dont like the color of the valve. Are there options to change the color from a dull grey to black?

Dryden
02-07-2006, 01:22 PM
I have a Emag, but I dont like the color of the valve. Are there options to change the color from a dull grey to black?
A Sharpie? There isn't much you can do with the valves. Besides, presuming you could even anno a valve, you're going to lose a good bit of money in the anno price and shipping. If you want a black valve, sell your Emag valve here in the B/S/T forums or on eBay, and apply the money towards a used black X valve. You shouldn't have to foot more than $20 - $40 on the difference, and you'll get a light, all aluminum valve for the price too.

govnamac
02-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Xvalves are aluminum but if you strip the anno and reanno it you will most likely mess up the tight internal tolerances, and void your warrenty.

Retro Valves/RT Pro Valves/ Emag Valves are all stainless steel and can't be annoed.

11 Bravo
02-07-2006, 01:35 PM
How about powder coating?

Hexis
02-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Xvalves are aluminum but if you strip the anno and reanno it you will most likely mess up the tight internal tolerances, and void your warrenty.

True, but I have seen it done and done well. If done by an experanced annoer, you could be ok.

Retro Valves/RT Pro Valves/ Emag Valves are all stainless steel and can't be annoed.

Not true at all. The front half is SS, and can not be annoed. The back is alum and can be annoed, tho you would need to strip the existing anno, so the tolerance issue comes up again. However, there are really only two threads that matter on the back, so it's perhaps less of an issue. You do have to take into account the nub that rides in the Z lock slot, that's not alum and will disolve in the acid back, with possible bad results. Best to remove it first. IIRC it's pressed in.

UltraMag527
02-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the info.... Something to think about.

Dayspring
02-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Doesn't matter how "experienced" you are. Once you anno the valve, you'll lose the laser engraving of the serial # and the warranty goes bye-bye.

Lohman446
02-08-2006, 09:57 AM
I agree undoubtedly that you would void the warranty. That being said I have an E-mag valve that I would like to loose the E-mag engraving on (considering I'm using it on a mech mag) and a black back would match the rest of the marker much better. Gonna have to look into this.

Hexis
02-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Completly uttery and fully true. Re-anno = no warranty.

However, it's AGD so pretty much if it works, it's gonna work, no warranty needed.

Arstron
02-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Your other choice would be to apply a solid peice of vinyl decal to it. I have done this on a few valves and it looked really good. It is cheap, and you should be able to get a sall 3"-4" strip from your local sign shop fairly cheap, if not let me know and I could mail some to you. ;)

UltraMag527
02-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Thx Astron, I go see what I can find.

-Tab
02-08-2006, 07:42 PM
However, it's AGD so pretty much if it works, it's gonna work, no warranty needed.

Quoted for tru...

Oh wait, nevermind.