PDA

View Full Version : superbolt problem

DrEvil
12-13-2001, 10:36 PM
well I got my superbolt. I put it in and gassed it up, pulled the trigger and nothing. The trigger is tight like it should be but it just doesnt fire. I took the valve out checked the on/off valve and it all checked out. Tried again. same thing. I put the old bolt back in. Its a Phase II that came with it and it shoots fine. Any idea what is happening? I used the new spring from a parts kit with the Phase II. I used the spring that came with the superbolt with the superbolt. I dont know I m not very knowledgable on this stuff so if anybody has some good ideas that can help...fire away.

AGD
12-13-2001, 10:42 PM
Hunmm.... how come I always get the strange ones? Take out your bolt and remove your barrel. See if the bolt fits into the barrel ok. If it does, put it all back together, gas it up and try pushing back the trigger rod with a screwdriver.

AGD

DrEvil
12-13-2001, 10:54 PM
Wow I wasnt expecting to get help from The Man himself. Thanks Tom, anyway. ok took it down. the bolt fits in the barrel slides right in. maybe a tiny bit snugger than the ANS but still slides right in. The gun fires without the barrel on. I put on the barrel and ................no dice. the barrel is a Smart Parts Progressive. I have another barrel but it has been stuck in the mag body for most of the week and I just got it out today with the help of the mechanics at my UPS. Dont think Im gonna experiment with that one tonight.

DrEvil
12-14-2001, 12:16 AM
broke it down again. turned spring around and didnt push it all the way past the delrin and it works now. I hope thats all it was ...weird.