PDA

View Full Version : Palmers direct stabilizer....

SummaryJudgement
02-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey guys. I know you don't want to starve a mag valve, but I was wondering something about classic valves. Do you think there would be any advantage of running a reg if your shooting CO2 if for nothing else, but consistency factors. I have a PTP micro (well, several) that I was thinking about running off of CO2. I have a little 16oz tank, and it just makes for the smallest package with a little drop on it. I have lots of compressed air tanks, but they arre all bigger than I'd like and I just don't want to buy a 45/45 right now. I know I could probably find a 45/45 for real cheap, especially considering the direct stabilizer is like $70. I was curious if just running the stabilizer real high would help consistency (I have many regulators, and yes, I know that's what they are supposed to do).

Plus it will let me run hose in a slightly "cooler" way maybe.

Meh, I'm not sure if this was worth asking after all.......input?

BigEvil
02-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Palmer regs are supposed to be very good and have a high flow rate. Ive seen classic valves that run off of CO2 with those side mounted Stabilizers with no ill-effect. Then again, they were lvl7 single trigger guns that at best could pull 7-8 bps. So I guess it all depends.

If you have the reg laying around, just try it out and report back. If you do there my be a pair of Vents Rage goggles in it for you. :-)

(Btw, found one set, and the extra lense. I have my brother tracking down the second mask. I will let you know when I find it)

bleachit
02-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I ran my classic with a palmers for a while... much better than running it without. keeps liquid out.. which is the biggest advantage.. not sure how much more consistent it will be though.

if you run it at around 800 psi you s houldnt be starving it.

SummaryJudgement
02-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Palmer regs are supposed to be very good and have a high flow rate. Ive seen classic valves that run off of CO2 with those side mounted Stabilizers with no ill-effect. Then again, they were lvl7 single trigger guns that at best could pull 7-8 bps. So I guess it all depends.

If you have the reg laying around, just try it out and report back. If you do there my be a pair of Vents Rage goggles in it for you. :-)

(Btw, found one set, and the extra lense. I have my brother tracking down the second mask. I will let you know when I find it)

I love you BigEvil :cool:

Asym
02-08-2006, 04:12 PM
The sideline Palmer regs run fine. I used one up untill about a year ago and it never froze with CO2. Only problem with the sidelines is theres no extra hole for a gauge to make it easier to set, but its still fairly easy by following the directions that used to be on the plamer site.

Depending on the temperature 800 PSI might not be a good setting due to how CO2 phase changes from liquid to gas. Warpig has an article (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/gasses/co2dynamics.shtml) on it with a chart (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/gasses/co2pv.gif) of the phase change temps. The chart has a nice box to see what the PSI output is at certain temps.

I've still got my sideline that was just rebuilt, I'm also not using it so if your looking for one drop me a line. Just as a sidenote palmers will rebuild the regs for free as long as you pay for shipping both ways.

personman
02-08-2006, 04:16 PM
I used to have a hypermag that had one on it and it worked rather nicely. I never actually used it in game but I probably shot it around 10-12 bps without any problems on co2 in the back yard

SCpoloRicker
02-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm of the opinion that HPA is always a better option; unless you just can't get it.

warbeak2099
02-08-2006, 05:42 PM
The sideline plus an anti-siphon line should work great.