PDA

View Full Version : Logic mag frames

Munnin
02-08-2006, 05:44 PM
after being informed that i can no longer get a new Ygrip :mad: , i have to find an alternitive. iv looked at the RPG chimera, inteliframe, and logic frames.
iv got a question about the logic mechanical mag frame, it says on the website that it will fit the classic rail but it is not recomended due to the length of the trigger guard or something interfereing with the use of a foregrip. has anyone had any problems with this?
should i skip over the logic frame and get a chimera?
hold out and try and snag a Y from ebay?
or is there another frame out there i should know about (iv heard the dye double trigger frame is so bad that agd wont service your marker with one installed, rumor or true?)?

thanks guys

edit: oh yea, this is on a stock minimag by the way.

Shane-O-Mac
02-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Well, I havent tried it with a standard vert ASA, but I am using a omega fore grip and it fits fine.
i think they mean the stock AGD vert asa, I'll try and check it out. Also, the logic frane is the best aftermarket frame I have seen.
and yea, thats true about DYE frames on mags, stay away form them. Had a buddy get a single finger one and we had to modify the crap outta it to make it work.

Shane-O

geekwarrior
02-08-2006, 06:10 PM
i have a logic frame on my classic rail, and I love it. :dance:

Munnin
02-08-2006, 06:30 PM
i have a logic frame on my classic rail, and I love it. :dance:

dose it interfere with the vert ASA? like i said, it will be on a stock minimag (well, it dose at the moment have an expansion chamber on the vert asa, but that will go as soon as i scrounge up the money for an HPA tank) so i dont wanna risk the 100$ only to get it and find out i cant hook up my airsource....

and wile on the topic of airsources.... a noob question :p (this is coming from a 98custom and sniper2 owner thats never needed to fiddle with airlines/fittings, or on/offs for that matter)
i know mags run off of 800-850psi imput pressure, so im planning to get a crossfire preset 68/4500 tank, but how do i hook it up :confused: i got the gun used off ebay with this big honking expansion chamber on it that then routes to the bottomline, now when i take the chamber off, i dont wanna have to hang a 68ci verticaly... is there an adapter that i screw into the asa that wires it down to the bottomline or what? or do i have to take the asa off and fit an air fitting? thanks for the help guys :)

SummaryJudgement
02-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Z-grip baby, Z-grip. I know there is one on Ebay right now. I think the seller id is "goinghome".
He has other mag stuff too that's hard to get.

I have both Logic and Rogue frames. I really like them both. I wouldn't say either one is better than the other. They are both real good, but a little different. I haven't had any experience with them and a classic rail though.

BigEvil
02-08-2006, 06:44 PM
dose it interfere with the vert ASA? like i said, it will be on a stock minimag (well, it dose at the moment have an expansion chamber on the vert asa, but that will go as soon as i scrounge up the money for an HPA tank) so i dont wanna risk the 100$ only to get it and find out i cant hook up my airsource....

and wile on the topic of airsources.... a noob question :p (this is coming from a 98custom and sniper2 owner thats never needed to fiddle with airlines/fittings, or on/offs for that matter)
i know mags run off of 800-850psi imput pressure, so im planning to get a crossfire preset 68/4500 tank, but how do i hook it up :confused: i got the gun used off ebay with this big honking expansion chamber on it that then routes to the bottomline, now when i take the chamber off, i dont wanna have to hang a 68ci verticaly... is there an adapter that i screw into the asa that wires it down to the bottomline or what? or do i have to take the asa off and fit an air fitting? thanks for the help guys :)

Be careful... there are 2 differnt logic frames, the 90* and the new Ultimate Mag frame. 2 different animals.

minimag03
02-08-2006, 06:47 PM
The frame you are refering to hasn't been released yet. They have been at anno for 2 months now but are do back soon. I should know, I'm on the waiting list for one :) .

The problem with the the frame is that it will give you next to no room for a forgrip because the trigger guard is so big. If you don't want to buy a new rail, I'd go with another frame you mentioned. Logic also made some vert frames what should fit the mag rail.

Munnin
02-08-2006, 06:50 PM
okay guys, yes, i was talking about the ultimate mech mag frame, but if theres a waitinglist and only 19 avalable (acording to the site), im assuming those 19 are pending to people, so ill probly get the chimera, thanks again guys

Coralis
02-08-2006, 06:52 PM
You can run an air hose from the ASA directly to the valve if you dont want to mess with going through the expansion chamber . Here is a picture of how it is set up at The magsmith.com (http://www.themagsmith.com/) look at the Paradigm Pro

minimag03
02-08-2006, 06:56 PM
okay guys, yes, i was talking about the ultimate mech mag frame, but if theres a waitinglist and only 19 avalable (acording to the site), im assuming those 19 are pending to people, so ill probly get the chimera, thanks again guys

No, there isn't a waiting list and there are 19 avalible. They originally started with like 100 or so frames and they have 19 frame left. You will get it whenever they come back from anno.

Munnin
02-08-2006, 06:57 PM
You can run an air hose from the ASA directly to the valve if you dont want to mess with going through the expansion chamber . Here is a picture of how it is set up at The magsmith.com (http://www.themagsmith.com/) look at the Paradigm Pro

looks kinda sloppy, im not the most gracefull person in the world... id probly rip the hose off in a dive :(

edit: allright guys, i just ordered a chimera frame, so you can ignore this thread unless you feel like helping me with my noobish airhose question

warbeak2099
02-08-2006, 07:49 PM
No, that airhose mount is quite sturdy. There's no danger mounting the hose like that. Shoulda got the Logic frame! I wish they had it before I modded my vert frame. The hybrid angle offers the comfort of a 90* frame with the low profile of a .45 frame. It's better than both.

11 Bravo
02-08-2006, 09:03 PM
I run my airline (macro) from the left side of my asa to the right side of my valve. Its up over the bottle and never gets in the way. Also looks alot better than running it on the right side of the gun. Give it a try.

CoolHand
02-08-2006, 10:51 PM
If you'd have asked, I have a brand new YGrip in black just setting here . . . . . . . .

And yes, you were wise not to buy the 85* frame for a stock Mini Mag if you HAD to have a vertical ASA, it would not have worked very well (or at all, without some custom work).

BUT, all you'd had to have changed would have been the rail. MM rail gone, RTP rail installed, happiness ensues, etc, etc.

Anyway, just for anyone else's information.

Shane-O-Mac
02-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Coolhand:
I just got one of your 90* frames that uses angel grips. On my mag with a classic rail, I can fit a stock AGA vert asa adaptor. Is my frame unusal? or is the rail different you think? It is VERY close to the trigger guard but it does clear. Also, I LOVE this frame! the trigger setting are excellent! BUT, do you think it is possible to thin the area that the grip sits on? the frame is a bit thick, for my short thick hands. Just curious before we chuck it up in a mill and fly cut it...lol

Shane-O

warbeak2099
02-09-2006, 09:00 AM
No no no, there are 2 different Logic mech frames. The 90* ones work fine with foregrips on any mm/am rail. The 85* don't.

CoolHand
02-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Coolhand:
I just got one of your 90* frames that uses angel grips. On my mag with a classic rail, I can fit a stock AGA vert asa adaptor. Is my frame unusal? or is the rail different you think? It is VERY close to the trigger guard but it does clear. Also, I LOVE this frame! the trigger setting are excellent! BUT, do you think it is possible to thin the area that the grip sits on? the frame is a bit thick, for my short thick hands. Just curious before we chuck it up in a mill and fly cut it...lol

Shane-O

Yeah, Warbeak is right, there are three different Mech frames out there now. Vert V1, which had no safety on it, Vert V1.1 which had a safety and a new trigger shape (that looks like the fireblade), and then the brand new Ultimate Mech Mag frame. It's a hybrid angle frame, which uses regular .45 style grips, but has the same trigger and safety from the verts.

They look damned good, but no one really has one since they are all being held hostage by my damned anodizer.

If I had a stinger missile . . . . . . .

Anyway, yes, you can face down the sides under the grips, no problem. You won't hurt anything as long as you stay out from around the safety, and don't cut so much that you get into the center slot.

Shane-O-Mac
02-09-2006, 06:48 PM
Gotcha, Thanks!
Coolhand, I am gonna drop you an email!

Shane-O