PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when you're buying an autococker?

StygShore
02-08-2006, 09:51 PM
When it comes with a tool kit this big!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-AUTOCOCKER-COMPLETE-PAINTBALL-PACKAGE-MUST-SEE_W0QQitemZ7217648085QQcategoryZ47251QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

I just thought this was funny. I used to shoot autocockers all the itme and had a tool chest full of parts, now my toolbox for my mag could fit ina sandwich bag.

Styg

nice autococker though!

-Tab
02-08-2006, 09:56 PM
just thought this was funny. I used to shook autocockers all the itme and had a tool chest full of parts, now my toolbox for my mag could fit ina sandwich bag.

Styg

It never mattered what type of gun I had at the time; I still carried a toolbox full of parts. I NEVER went to the field without it.

We didn't have the type of field where I could walk up to the owner and ask for a part. My brother and I built the field, so we were the owners.

StygShore
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
I still have the box, but I quit taking it to the field because I was giving away hundreds of dollars in parts and spending all my time fixing other people's guns.

Styg

Steelrat
02-08-2006, 10:08 PM
When it comes with a tool kit this big!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-AUTOCOCKER-COMPLETE-PAINTBALL-PACKAGE-MUST-SEE_W0QQitemZ7217648085QQcategoryZ47251QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

I just thought this was funny. I used to shoot autocockers all the itme and had a tool chest full of parts, now my toolbox for my mag could fit ina sandwich bag.

Styg

nice autococker though!

I have a big toolkit for my AKA guns, and they break less than any mags I ever had, or saw. Its good to have, just in case, and its always nice to help other people tech their guns.

AGDlover
02-08-2006, 10:12 PM
I have 3 tool boxes full of tools.... I havent added but 1 or 2 things since i got my B2k or my Angel... all if it is mostly mag

StygShore
02-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Guess maybe I have been lucky. In the last 5 years since I have been shooting mags, the only thing I had to replace on my setup was 1 xvalve bumper.

I have 4 of every part to repair a mag, and haven't broken the seals on most of the packages

Styg

Aslan
02-08-2006, 11:42 PM
I have a suitcase that has two pockets full of various gun parts, a tool box, and then some hex wrenches. I don't think it's that much stuff...but the refs see me and always point it out saying, "Wow, you come prepared!"

It's not that I come prepared...it's just that all of my guns are very used...and need "TLC". The Mag has been really good...but my Silver Eagle, Rebel, and Pro Lite always require me to pull out the tool kit. My Prodigy and Spyder are pretty much tuned...no problems with them...of course I haven't used them in the last 6 months because I've been messing with my Pro-Lite, Silver Eagle (project gun), and Rebel (project gun) not to mention getting my Mag working.

I really need to get rid of a few guns...unfortunately the reason is I have like two other project guns in pieces to take their place! :eek: :tard: I almost sold the Pro-Lite at Christmas time...but the dude backed out...had some interest in the Silver Eagle but the guy wanted to trade and the last thing I need is more guns. :argh: When I bring people with me to the field and they don't have equipment, they really like the Pro-Lite...so maybe I'll keep it as a loaner...I just wish they'd clean it...I'm getting tired of spending 2 hours cleaning guns after a day of paintball... :rolleyes:

-Tab
02-09-2006, 12:00 AM
I have a suitcase that has two pockets full of various gun parts, a tool box, and then some hex wrenches. I don't think it's that much stuff...but the refs see me and always point it out saying, "Wow, you come prepared!"

It's not that I come prepared...it's just that all of my guns are very used...and need "TLC". The Mag has been really good...but my Silver Eagle, Rebel, and Pro Lite always require me to pull out the tool kit. My Prodigy and Spyder are pretty much tuned...no problems with them...of course I haven't used them in the last 6 months because I've been messing with my Pro-Lite, Silver Eagle (project gun), and Rebel (project gun) not to mention getting my Mag working.

I really need to get rid of a few guns...unfortunately the reason is I have like two other project guns in pieces to take their place! :eek: :tard: I almost sold the Pro-Lite at Christmas time...but the dude backed out...had some interest in the Silver Eagle but the guy wanted to trade and the last thing I need is more guns. :argh: When I bring people with me to the field and they don't have equipment, they really like the Pro-Lite...so maybe I'll keep it as a loaner...I just wish they'd clean it...I'm getting tired of spending 2 hours cleaning guns after a day of paintball... :rolleyes:

And I NEVER get rid of things.
I have a shroud from an '02 autococker. The last cocker I owned wouldn't have even fit it.
I have 3 Spyder/Piranha bolts that I have no idea where they even came from. I haven't owned a Spyder for 6 years.

Half bottles of 4 year old lube..
Stripped fittings..
Short, useless pieces of macro..

Cow hunter
02-09-2006, 07:12 AM
i have enough parts in my toolkit for almost all the internal valve parts of a mag, and enough in there to fix many spyders, which is necesary at local games.....

FSU_Paintball
02-09-2006, 10:31 AM
I have a sizeable tookit as well. Most of the bulk is very generic stuff... screws, lube, screwdriver, pliars, strap wrench, crescent wrench, allen key sets, macroline setups, etc.

siloseven
02-09-2006, 11:49 AM
you guys would hate me. I have every tool I don't need or don't have tools peroid. I have the vilosity allen somethimes. most the time, the first person I make friends with it the local tech - so I can barrow his tools :D

Rudz
02-09-2006, 12:08 PM
i mostly have wrenches and allen keys..some spare parts kits for he mag..some macro..a couple extra asa's loctite..pretty much all the nescesities..but yeah its always good to be helpful to some one else..if theres some kid having trouble..ill help em fix it..or loan em tools..same as i would toss a someone a pod..espescially if they were on the team i was playin on...lol :headbang: :headbang:

Arstron
02-09-2006, 12:12 PM
I still have the box, but I quit taking it to the field because I was giving away hundreds of dollars in parts and spending all my time fixing other people's guns.

Styg

If I quit taking my tool kit to the field with me, I still would end up workong on other peoples guns more then I play. :(

StygShore
02-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Trust me I still spend plenty of time fixing other peoples guns, I just dont have people walking off with MY tools and MY parts anymore.

Styg

Aslan
02-10-2006, 11:04 PM

Here is my custom gun case. I know it's not that pretty...but it works... You can't buy one though...it's one of a kind!! :dance:

http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=34399

jenarelJAM
02-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Here is my custom gun case. I know it's not that pretty...but it works... You can't buy one though...it's one of a kind!! :dance:

http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=34399

I have something kindof like that. Its large military waterproof crates filled with foam that you can put stuff in to kep it safe. Its not something i plan on lugging to the field though, altogether, it would weight around 200 lbs. with my stuff in it.

Aslan
02-11-2006, 04:17 AM
I have something kindof like that. Its large military waterproof crates filled with foam that you can put stuff in to kep it safe. Its not something i plan on lugging to the field though, altogether, it would weight around 200 lbs. with my stuff in it.

The suitcase is easy to carry around. I usually just take the gun and tank out and leave the case in my car, but if the field is a walk from the parking lot, I could easily take it with.

It actually took some time to make. I was just going to use soft foam...then that wouldn't keep it's shape. When I went to a harder foam, it wasn't as protective and would chip apart. The whole reason I did it was I was getting sick of all my guns banging around and getting scratched just laying in my bags. I did have to change it. Originally it housed two CO2 tanks, my Spyder and my BRUTE. But now, with the BRUTE broken and my Spyder being downgraded to my second back-up, I changed the foam to hold the Mag, Prodigy, and one HPA tank.