PDA

View Full Version : Tac-1 barrel and paint question

Randune
02-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Hi all, I'm new here. I just bought a Tac-one off of Ebay. It's coming with the original barrel and a 14" Stiffi barrel with a .691 bore. What I want to know is the Stiffi brand barrel a decent brand? Or should I shop around for a different one? Also what brand of paint generally comes with this diameter ball or does it really matter. Is smaller or larger paintballs preferable?
Sorry for all the questions. Last time I played paintball the 68 AutoMag was just brand new! So its been awhile, about 13 or so years.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

jenarelJAM
02-09-2006, 12:26 AM
personally, if i could have any single piece barrel in the world, it would most likely be a 10-12" .689 bored carbon fiber barrel. Stiffi's are known to be some of the best barrels around. I'd say stick with it, unless it has a giant scratch down the inside... or the tip has borken off... etc.

Also, for paint, i just try to stick with a medium/small paint size, or what they have at the field but with a .691 size barrel, size doesnt matter unless you are trying to get your absolute best efficiency.

craltal
02-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Stiffi's are bad barrels, I'll give you $10 for it...
:argh:

Seriously, they are very good barrels, just don't run a cloth barrel swab down it, you want to use a plunger type squeegee.

FSU_Paintball
02-09-2006, 10:33 AM
That's a great barrel that runs in the $100 range. You'll like it. But don't use a barrel swab on it (cloth = bad in carbon fiber)

craltal
02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
You'll like it. But don't use a barrel swab on it (cloth = bad in carbon fiber)

Isn't that what I just said, Matt? :D

PnueMagger
02-09-2006, 03:50 PM
welcome to AO! I like to shoot the smallest paint available that's not breaking my bank. I think the tradeoff for a tiny bit of accuracy is better than breaking those few mishapen balls that match your bore more snugly. Beacuse once you break, your shots won't be accurate at all until ou can get a good clean between games. Google Paintball Bore Size and do a little sluething. I recall quite a few charts on barrel and paintball sizes per manufacturer.

I shoot a .693 Dye so 90% of quality brands and even crappy brand paint never breaks in my barrel.

The stiffi is WAY better than your stock barrel.

bentothejam1n
02-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Google Paintball Bore Size and do a little sluething. I recall quite a few charts on barrel and paintball sizes per manufacturer.
bore chart (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=916326)
there you go

paullus99
02-10-2006, 07:43 AM
One brand of paint I stay away from is Marbalizers - it seems they are a little too big-bored for the standard Tac barrel (had major issues over three separate weekends).

Otherwise, I always use standard PMI Premium & it shoots like a dream.