PDA

View Full Version : Observation in PB magazines

REDRT
02-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Looking at PB magazines I see pictures of teams with the latest and greatest super markers on the planet. I find it very satisfying to see these markers with gobs of goo flowing out of almost every barrel. Funny how as a mag owner I get told all the time I need something newer and with eyes. Comments like, "Lvl10 isn't as good as a good set of eyes". Most of the time my barrel is as clean as when I started the day, atleast on the inside. Maybe break beam eyes on a mag would be just the most ultimate thing for that extra few %? After reading countless magazines and seeing all of these pictures showing barrels with rivers of goo I ask, "why would anyone want that"?

Lohman446
02-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Looking at PB magazines I see pictures of teams with the latest and greatest super markers on the planet. I find it very satisfying to see these markers with gobs of goo flowing out of almost every barrel. Funny how as a mag owner I get told all the time I need something newer and with eyes. Comments like, "Lvl10 isn't as good as a good set of eyes". Most of the time my barrel is as clean as when I started the day, atleast on the inside. Maybe break beam eyes on a mag would be just the most ultimate thing for that extra few %? After reading countless magazines and seeing all of these pictures showing barrels with rivers of goo I ask, "why would anyone want that"?

I very seldom break paint during the day in any of my markers. My backplayers who shoot five times as much as I do routinely do. Read into it what you like.

BigEvil
02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
I have wondered the same thing. Pick up any issue of Splaat, and there are plenty of action pics or pro tournies where there barrels are dripping like a guy with a bad case VD.

Having shot alot of differnt markers, I am inclined to thing that more than likely its the ultra-craptastic, ultra-thin shelled tourny paint. Your right though, its funny how most mags can handle it with out problems, yet they get the bed rep.

REDRT
02-09-2006, 10:57 AM
Well, here is my thoughts. In the magazines these are pro prayers so in my mind they have the so called best. I know they are using high end paint. Pushing the bunker while firing doesn't back paint all the way down the barrel and just ooze out of the porting. So why is there so much broken paint flowing out of these marker pictured in the magazines? I'm a back player. I normally go through 5 pods up to 9 pods in a individual game. Not ever having the amount of goo like pictured. The only thing eyes are for is anti-chop. Maybe the eye malfuctioned/got paint on them and they had to turn them off. I'd by that. But why have eyes if you can't count on them? If that is all barrel breaks their markers are either very hard on the paint or the paint is extremely brittle and more so than high end paint that I have ever used.

Lohman446
02-09-2006, 11:01 AM
I have wondered the same thing. Pick up any issue of Splaat, and there are plenty of action pics or pro tournies where there barrels are dripping like a guy with a bad case VD.

Having shot alot of differnt markers, I am inclined to thing that more than likely its the ultra-craptastic, ultra-thin shelled tourny paint. Your right though, its funny how most mags can handle it with out problems, yet they get the bed rep.

The level ten mags shooting hellfire were doing the same thing,. Funny how mags can handle it :rolleyes: FYI - the paint was hellfire, questionably stored - there was a liquid line in my halo from this.

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2007_rs.JPG

http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/28000/IMG_2008_rs.JPG

REDRT
02-09-2006, 11:02 AM

:spit_take :rofl: So elegantly put, I love it! :D

BigEvil
02-09-2006, 11:11 AM
The level ten mags shooting hellfire were doing the same thing,. Funny how mags can handle it :rolleyes: FYI - the paint was hellfire, questionably stored - there was a liquid line in my halo from this.

Like they have NEVER ever once chopped a ball? Im not saying that.

BTW, isnt that a Devil mag, lvl7 w/eyes?

Yeah Ive seen those pics before, that must have been REALLY FUN to clean at the end of the day.

REDRT
02-09-2006, 11:13 AM

Hey, There is some bad stuff as far as paint goes. I'm sure we all have got bad paint before. Anytime I ever had something like that happen, every marker from a tippmann on up had problems. I'd suspect in the case of the pro players featured in the magazines the paint is pretty new, well cared for and maybe better quality than what us normal guys get at the local fields/tournaments and still so much goo.

Lohman446
02-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Like they have NEVER ever once chopped a ball? Im not saying that.

BTW, isnt that a Devil mag, lvl7 w/eyes?

Zaks level ten X-mag did the same thing. God that paint sucked... But somewhere someone hinted the likelihood that ultra fragile tournament paint may be part of the cause as to why so many markers drip paint. I'd have to agree with that.

BigEvil
02-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Zaks level ten X-mag did the same thing. God that paint sucked... But somewhere someone hinted the likelihood that ultra fragile tournament paint may be part of the cause as to why so many markers drip paint. I'd have to agree with that.

Absolutely 100% agree with that one.

I had my old RT lvl7 for years without a problem. Then all of a sudden one year, it was like someone hit the 'blend' button on it. This was around when paint started coming in boxes of 2000 instead of 2500. Me, not being a regular of the tourny crowd, didnt realize that the paint shells were getting thinner and thinner. So I reluctantly shelled out the cash for the lvl10, and that gun is golden to this day. Although it was a total ***** to set up for the first time, work the bugs out, and get it tuned.

I really miss the old Pro-Ball welt-o-matic paintballs. 2500 rnds to a case. You needed the extra 500 because it took so many hits on someone to finally get one to break on them. Those things were great. :headbang: Back then, feeding the guns was the issue. I remember AGD put out the lvl7 foamyless bolt, and being amazed that the paint could take the impact of that thing.

REDRT
02-09-2006, 11:29 AM

I've shot the hellfire with out a hitch before. You previously questioned how they were stored. I'd say, "they were something other than cared for unquestionably".

REDRT
02-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Absolutely 100% agree with that one.

I had my old RT lvl7 for years without a problem. Then all of a sudden one year, it was like someone hit the 'blend' button on it. This was around when paint started coming in boxes of 2000 instead of 2500. Me, not being a regular of the tourny crowd, didnt realize that the paint shells were getting thinner and thinner. So I reluctantly shelled out the cash for the lvl10, and that gun is golden to this day. Although it was a total ***** to set up for the first time, work the bugs out, and get it tuned.

I really miss the old Pro-Ball welt-o-matic paintballs. 2500 rnds to a case. You needed the extra 500 because it took so many hits on someone to finally get one to break on them. Those things were great. :headbang: Back then, feeding the guns was the issue. I remember AGD put out the lvl7 foamyless bolt, and being amazed that the paint could take the impact of that thing.

No doubt on the pro-ball. Man I remember parting treelines with thoughs. I miss the days of 2500 per case. My LvL7 was a blender from the get go though, even with Pro-ball. Just had less of them blended. I gave up on sqeegees. I carried 3 barrels on me and just switched them out. :D Internet was kind of new/space age and we didn't have it, so maybe it was never truely set-up just right. LvL10 was just a god send for me.

Pyroboy597
02-09-2006, 11:47 AM
I have an ion, and can honestly say that it chops far less than my mag does. As for those pictures, you have to remember that those guys are diving in the mud, getting paint sprayed all over them and shooting at very fast rates. I have seen balls get broken from Halo's in the feedneck, then the little chips of paint and the liquid gets into the gun and blocks up the eyes.

REDRT
02-09-2006, 12:08 PM
and shooting at very fast rates.

How fast? Faster than Lohman446's Devilmag or my Predator Emag? No, I think I could agree with the reason being said earlier. They must be using very fragile paint. That would account for ball breaks in the hopper, breach, and all the goo rolling out the barrels.

Rudz
02-09-2006, 12:17 PM
id say blame the paint.and alot of time when my barrel is full of paint..its because of me being all over a bunker..and my barrel gets all the goo from the bunker all over it..but yeah i also carry extra barrels for that reason..[FONT=Arial]

FSU_Paintball
02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
The guys in those magazines are shooting ultra fragile paint. Much more likely that it's breakage, not chopping, which has NOTHING to do with the eyes, and mags are just as vulnerable to it.

Also, these guys are constantly pushing their barrels onto their bunkers, and that gets goo on them too.

Additionally, some players start shooting before they come out of their bunker so they can have a stream going as soon as they pop out of their bunker... which will also get the barrel nasty like it had a bad break.

Good guns have eyes for a reason. The eyes are probably preventing chops in those pics... they probably didn't chop that paint, it just broke because it's so brittle, which your Mag would do as well.

11 Bravo
02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
^^^ I wouldnt say as vulnerable. Lvl 10 bolts hit the ball lighter than other bolts. They are not slaming into the ball.

I think most of the time with brittle paint its the Halo breaking the paint before it even gets into the breach or as it enters the breach.

FSU_Paintball
02-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Spool valve markers are extremely easy on paint as well.

And you're probably right about the halo thing.

nastymag
02-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Don't discount the fact that Halo's have a tendency of smashing paint if they are set to high.
at a recent tourny, the paint was sooooo brittle, everyone was breaking paint.
Angels, Dm's, Timmy's you name it was breaking paint. Solution ? we switched to the lowest setting on the halo's (17bps on V board) or borke out the revys. Proplem fixed!. man that tourny sucked !

REDRT
02-09-2006, 01:59 PM
The guys in those magazines are shooting ultra fragile paint. Much more likely that it's breakage, not chopping, which has NOTHING to do with the eyes, and mags are just as vulnerable to it..
That was the general consences a few posts ago

Also, these guys are constantly pushing their barrels onto their bunkers, and that gets goo on them too..
On them and not way in them

Additionally, some players start shooting before they come out of their bunker so they can have a stream going as soon as they pop out of their bunker... which will also get the barrel nasty like it had a bad break..
S/A

Good guns have eyes for a reason. The eyes are probably preventing chops in those pics... they probably didn't chop that paint, it just broke because it's so brittle, which your Mag would do as well. So 90% of Mags are not good guns? Tippmanns to? Ohh my! You just came across to me like, "if it doesn't have eyes it is not a good gun". Is that what you mean or did I mistake it?

Lohman446
02-09-2006, 02:10 PM
So 90% of Mags are not good guns? Tippmanns to? Ohh my! You just came across to me like, "if it doesn't have eyes it is not a good gun". Is that what you mean or did I mistake it?

One of the prerequisites of my primary marker is that it has eyes (unless something equally as effective and proactive comes along and is proven, this is not LX or an antichop bolt at this time). You have mistaken what he means though. My mag is a wonderful marker for its purpose. Lack of eyes is the reason it is not my primary marker. Is it necessarily fair? No... its still how it is.

REDRT
02-09-2006, 02:33 PM
One of the prerequisites of my primary marker is that it has eyes (unless something equally as effective and proactive comes along and is proven, this is not LX or an antichop bolt at this time). You have mistaken what he means though. My mag is a wonderful marker for its purpose. Lack of eyes is the reason it is not my primary marker. Is it necessarily fair? No... its still how it is.

Feeling confrontational today. I figured that might be what he ment. LvL10 works very consistant and well with good paint until I set it to ramp 20 bps or more. At that point Eyes might make a bigger impression on me. I have no real problems not having them since speed limit is 15bps.

PnueMagger
02-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I've never shot hellfire, but other types of tournament paint and have never broken it "because it was brittle". All i have is a LvL10 and a .893 barrel. Plus when my freinds I play woodsball we turn our velocity up anywhere from 300-340fps for that extra woodsball range (not at legit PB feilds though). 3 years of lvl10 and one chop beacause I was shooting sideways and the bolt hit the same ball multiple times with out rechambering the ball. :Chuff Chuff Crack: I was surprised but that was more user error, not the lvl10.

I remember ProBounce :headbang: I remember shooting my freind in the head with a tippy prolite and proball and binging him to his knees! :shooting: :tard: We chronoed the gun right after and it was at 410fps! :eek: Even us bunch of 16yr olds back then were like, "Wow, that's not cool. Lets take it down to 350." ProBall could really take some abuse. I wish I coud still get some.

BigEvil
02-09-2006, 03:58 PM
ProBall could really take some abuse. I wish I coud still get some.

I had 2 ten-round stock class tubes full. They had to be from 1996.They were white with white fill - always my favorite. They had some discoloration around the seams, but still looked good. I shot one about 3 months ago through my Xmag. They still were as good as the day I got them. Simply amazing, but im sure being sealed up in that little 10rnd tube kept them in such good condition.

I went online and picked up 4 cases of the new proball stuff, and let me tell you, what a disapointment.

WARPED1
02-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Barrel breaks and "breach breaks" are 2 differen't animals. Once the ball gets past the eyes, any piece of debris in the barrel can cause a ball to break. Say, from diving to your bunker getting your barrel in the dirt, or say the heat of the day makes your paint swell up, if you leave your gun in sunlight(direct sunlight). Eyes are still better in the long run. Mainly because thier is little to no adjusting to get them to work and there's no "break in" period. Dman that's annoying. :mad:

tyrion2323
02-10-2006, 10:49 AM
I think you're being unfair and skewing things in order to support your position, so I will respond:

Looking at PB magazines I see pictures of teams with the latest and greatest super markers on the planet. I find it very satisfying to see these markers with gobs of goo flowing out of almost every barrel.
Consider the fact that Pro players are shooting thousands and thousands of paintballs per tournament, sometimes even per game. They probably use more paint in a tournament than you use in half a year. This isn't an insult, but it's the nature of the difference between tournament players and non-tournament players. Combine thousands of rounds per tournament with brittle tournament paint, and you're going to have a break. Furthermore, you might want to consider that breaks often happen in the barrel, and have nothing to do with the gun itself. When you see loads of paint dripping from the end of the barrel, that indicates a barrel break, not a breech chop.

Funny how as a mag owner I get told all the time I need something newer and with eyes.
I don't know who is saying these things to you, so I can't really comment...although, I will say that there is an unfairly false perception on these boards that if you say anything (1) positive about other guns or (2) negative about mags, you're "attacking" mags. This is silly, and not the case.

Comments like, "Lvl10 isn't as good as a good set of eyes". Most of the time my barrel is as clean as when I started the day, atleast on the inside. Maybe break beam eyes on a mag would be just the most ultimate thing for that extra few %? After reading countless magazines and seeing all of these pictures showing barrels with rivers of goo I ask, "why would anyone want that"?
There are several reasons that breakbeam eyes are superior to the level 10. This is not to say that the level 10 is bad, but it's certainly not the best anti-chop system out there.

First of all, Level 10 is a reactive antichop system, while eyes are a proactive chop system. This means that the eyes won't let the ball fire until the paint is loaded, while the level 10 has to already fire and expel its gas in order to not chop.

Secondly, most of the breaks in these magazines are likely barrel breaks. I'm repeating myself, I know. Tournament grade paint is thinner and more delicate than recball paint, and has a higher chance of breaking on the bolt or in the barrel just because. It doesn't have anything to do with the eyes, most of the time.

Finally, eyes are more adjustable than the level 10. They can be turned on, turned off, adjusted for delay, etc... all without opening up the gun. The level 10, well, it doesn't have those features.

This isn't a rail against Level 10, but simply a response to your post, which I perceived to be extremely biased and written with agenda. My response to anyone telling me to get a new gun would be to ignore them. For the record, I would LOVE to own a mag. Until then, I'll stick with my Freestyle :) :) :)

REDRT
02-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Consider the fact that Pro players are shooting thousands and thousands of paintballs per tournament, sometimes even per game. They probably use more paint in a tournament than you use in half a year. This isn't an insult, but it's the nature of the difference between tournament players and non-tournament players. Combine thousands of rounds per tournament with brittle tournament paint, and you're going to have a break. Furthermore, you might want to consider that breaks often happen in the barrel, and have nothing to do with the gun itself. When you see loads of paint dripping from the end of the barrel, that indicates a barrel break, not a breech chop.
Maybe they do. As a team we normally shoot in the neiborhood of 12/13000 balls per day playing local 5-man tournaments. Since we shell out the cash out of pocket and the pros don't I'd say it is safe to say they shoot more per year per tournament. I have never seen the amount of paint rolling out of the emags barrel per any of our tournaments, but I never considered their paint maybe more brittle than the stuff we get when I wrote the observation

Funny how as a mag owner I get told all the time I need something newer and with eyes.

I don't know who is saying these things to you, so I can't really comment...although, I will say that there is an unfairly false perception on these boards that if you say anything (1) positive about other guns or (2) negative about mags, you're "attacking" mags. This is silly, and not the case.
Locally I get it all the time. At the store, at the field and of coarse the internet.

There are several reasons that breakbeam eyes are superior to the level 10. This is not to say that the level 10 is bad, but it's certainly not the best anti-chop system out there.

First of all, Level 10 is a reactive antichop system, while eyes are a proactive chop system. This means that the eyes won't let the ball fire until the paint is loaded, while the level 10 has to already fire and expel its gas in order to not chop.

Secondly, most of the breaks in these magazines are likely barrel breaks. I'm repeating myself, I know. Tournament grade paint is thinner and more delicate than recball paint, and has a higher chance of breaking on the bolt or in the barrel just because. It doesn't have anything to do with the eyes, most of the time.

Finally, eyes are more adjustable than the level 10. They can be turned on, turned off, adjusted for delay, etc... all without opening up the gun. The level 10, well, it doesn't have those features.
Well, buy adding in a predator board(mini morlock ie predator code) one can tune the marker pretty well. Tunabilty of things like firing hold off, bolt forward duration ect one can almost eleiminate the need for eyes. Eyes would be the last line of defence against a chop. Maybe if the high grade of tournament paint sold here was as brittle as we suspect the pros use I would need eyes for the extra added insurance. My experiance of observing these other markers with the so called "superior eyes". The eyes get dirty, then they don't work. You then have to clean them or turn them off durning the game. When they are off the markers will chop more so then my RT did with lvl7. Personally I think LVL10 is great. Lvl10 with eyes could very well be the best. Just eyes can't compare. The new DM6 with self wipeing eyes though I guess it might have some bugs yet is the best idea ever reguarding the use of eyes. That might work and work well.

This isn't a rail against Level 10, but simply a response to your post, which I perceived to be extremely biased and written with agenda. My response to anyone telling me to get a new gun would be to ignore them. For the record, I would LOVE to own a mag. Until then, I'll stick with my Freestyle :) :) :)

Yes I am biased. I have way less down time than any one I know or play with on or off the field reguarding markers. Mags just work, period. There is enough aftermarket suppliers that have given us upgrades to be more competitive with them, but under it all the brillance of design shows through. I'll stick with something that never lets me down and isn't a mass produced through away. It is always my agenda to promote mags. This observation might have been never made if I had seen a mag dripping with paint in the magazines, but since there isn't. I can poke fun of the sorry pieces of mass produced crap that graces the pages of thoughs same magazines. After all this is Automags.org were else might I hang out via the web.

Cow hunter
02-10-2006, 04:48 PM
my lvl X hasnt ever chopped, when the paint was so fragile it was bieng blended by the hopper (revvy) all my mag did was chuff at it, and the foamiless bolt :eek: it really is amazing paint can handle that.

and i believe the devil and x mags use lvl 7 for efficency...... i was once told that eyes are "better" than the lvl 10, thereafter we proceded to shoot horribly kept paint only to find my mag prevailing, and the viking had a terrible mess in its eyes.

REDRT
02-10-2006, 05:36 PM
my lvl X hasnt ever chopped, when the paint was so fragile it was bieng blended by the hopper (revvy) all my mag did was chuff at it, and the foamiless bolt :eek: it really is amazing paint can handle that.
YES LVL 10 is wonderful. I see still alot of sqeegees on the field in use. The supergun guys included. I'd have to look if I even have one anymore.

and i believe the devil and x mags use lvl 7 for efficency...... i was once told that eyes are "better" than the lvl 10, thereafter we proceded to shoot horribly kept paint only to find my mag prevailing, and the viking had a terrible mess in its eyes.
Xmag came with LVL10 on their X valve, package deal. Devils I think they can be had either way. Some choose the LVL7 for the minute efficiency gains.

11 Bravo
02-10-2006, 11:33 PM
I never even carry a squeegie.... never need it. Eyes suck, just something else to worry about. Speaking of eyes I have to replace the eyes in my sons Angel this week.. their not even 5 months old. So thats $60.00 compared to what a $2.00
lvl 10 oring.

BeaverEater
02-11-2006, 12:42 AM
i used to chop atleast like 5-10 times a day with my lx emag, and i had my cyborg for the same period of time and never chopped a single time. I only had like 4 barrel breaks and all came from the same box of crappy paint. and i bet i put around 100 cases of paint through each gun. the cyborg never chopped, and i bet the emag chopped around 100 times. both running v35 halo board, and both shooting the same field paint.

edit: oops not 1000, 100

Beemer
02-11-2006, 12:57 AM
i used to chop atleast like 5-10 times a day with my lx emag, and i had my cyborg for the same period of time and never chopped a single time. I only had like 4 barrel breaks and all came from the same box of crappy paint. and i bet i put around 100 cases of paint through each gun. the cyborg never chopped, and i bet the emag chopped around 1000 times. both running v35 halo board, and both shooting the same field paint.

Thats weird cause I got about 25 cases thru my E-Mag with level 7 and a warp and I havent chopped one Yet. Less paint with my X-Mag level 10 but still no chops. Your lvl 10 wasnt tuned right.

Peace Out

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

REDRT
02-11-2006, 01:02 AM
i used to chop atleast like 5-10 times a day with my lx emag, and i had my cyborg for the same period of time and never chopped a single time. I only had like 4 barrel breaks and all came from the same box of crappy paint. and i bet i put around 100 cases of paint through each gun. the cyborg never chopped, and i bet the emag chopped around 1000 times. both running v35 halo board, and both shooting the same field paint.

BORG this BORG that. See what I put up with folks. :p Scotty you don't keep anything long enough to dial it in. Gun whoring at its finest. :cheers:

BeaverEater
02-11-2006, 02:51 AM
no i had my emag for like a year, and it was tuned just great. And yes borg this borg that only cause it is an amazing gun. I cant wait to see how my dm4 will compare to it.

REDRT
02-11-2006, 11:03 AM
i used to chop atleast like 5-10 times a day with my lx emag, and i had my cyborg for the same period of time and never chopped a single time. I only had like 4 barrel breaks and all came from the same box of crappy paint. and i bet i put around 100 cases of paint through each gun. the cyborg never chopped, and i bet the emag chopped around 100 times. both running v35 halo board, and both shooting the same field paint.

edit: oops not 1000, 100

no i had my emag for like a year, and it was tuned just great. And yes borg this borg that only cause it is an amazing gun. I cant wait to see how my dm4 will compare to it.

I don't believe it was "just great" bud, but to be all fair the borg worked well for you.

11 Bravo
02-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Beavereater: Did you ever bother to check your detents. Put some thought into it. If your running a victory board at the correct setting there is no way you could outrun it with your emag. So how on earth did you chop? :tard: IMO the only cause could be the detents. Should have checked it out.

REDRT
02-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Beavereater: Did you ever bother to check your detents. Put some thought into it. If your running a victory board at the correct setting there is no way you could outrun it with your emag. So how on earth did you chop? :tard: IMO the only cause could be the detents. Should have checked it out.

No use in reasoning with him. He has been assimilated. He is now Beavereater of Borg. Reasoning with him is futile. He has turned agaist his mag roots.

psychowarden
02-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Why can we just blame it on the real problem. Blame the government of course. Its a big conspericy to get the aliens to go away.

But honestly, out of 2 cases through my X-Mag (including high end brittle shelled paint to 5 month old cases) I have yet to break a ball in my gun or in the barrel, although I have had some interesting cases of when the ball would break right when it left the barrel, and leaving nothing in my gun/barrel.

nastymag
02-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Damn....

How Many of you guys actaully use tourny paint ? i dont mean some brittle stuff, i mean special ordered ULTRA EVIL. We had one batch of paint that would break on anything except my teammates DM4 with the Halo on the lowest setting, and even then it was a little iffy.

after owning as many guns as i have i have come to the conclusion that guns will break paint at some point no matter what.

Angels = Paintroll back, misadjusted ram. (older models just one detent)

Impulse = Crappy eye logic that couldnt see two tone paint (older version)

Timmy = detents and and misadjusted ram.

Automags = lvl10 not tuned, detents on twist lock, or in case of ULE, that thing that angels kinda suffer from, 1 detent.

Ego's = welll havent had mine long enough to run into issues.

Old Shoe box Shocker = eh ...never broke paint, ever.... then again i could stick my finger in there and barly feel it getting hit.

Autococker (eblade) = low on batterys, eblade settings, blowback from bolt.

i just think it's funny you guys swear by eyes, or lvl 10.

i have owned it all, honestly, ive run into issues with both.
i assure you the reason you see pro's in the magazines with paint dripping down there barrels is because of brittle paint. Besides, most of the time its pretty easy to shoot thru the break.

Beemer
02-11-2006, 03:46 PM
after owning as many guns as i have i have come to the conclusion that guns will break paint at some point no matter what.

Agreed.

Lets have paint that will break when you look at it FORCE feed it at 15bps and then when you cant shoot it its because your gun is crap :cry:

Eyes are over rated.

Emag no eyes warp feed and lvl7 and if the paint is Half way DECENT Im good

68magOwner
02-11-2006, 04:46 PM
i have had the best luck with not breaking paint, with my vikings, and old school shocker.

My trixes, would get an occasional end of halo break, the angel got barrel breaks out of the box, but, i hav since played with the dwell/lpr and it hasnt given me any problems yet. Timmys, ive done ok with, but, occasional breaks. Ego, seems a lil rougher on paint than most, brok occasionally.

well, could go on and on, but, basically, EVERYTHING i have owned had gotten occasional breaks with the exceptions of my vikings (which, i probably had 2 or 3 chops between my 2 vikings in 2 years (mabey a lil longer) and probably over 100 cases of the good, the bad, and the ugly. And my old shoebox shocker that would shoot anything thrown in it with no problems.

Flow_Tech
02-11-2006, 06:07 PM
How fast? Faster than Lohman446's Devilmag or my Predator Emag? No, I think I could agree with the reason being said earlier. They must be using very fragile paint. That would account for ball breaks in the hopper, breach, and all the goo rolling out the barrels.
this is where most people are wrong.. you sit there and say that your gun is fast, sure, but are you sitting there in NXL full auto or PSP ramp in 50 degree weather with rain and diving left and right and occasionally hitting the hopper first? i didnt think so. i can honestly say, that 9 times out of 10 if im shooting straight semi that i will never chop, but when we do tournaments and im rolling 15 ALL day long, that i get more chops because the hopper doesnt have a chance to settle the balls right.

BeaverEater
02-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I mostly used tourny paint when i go because thats what is usually the best deal at the field. and yes my detents were fine i checked them. But after shooting solid paint all game, the halo is never perfect.

REDRT
02-11-2006, 09:55 PM
this is where most people are wrong.. you sit there and say that your gun is fast, sure, but are you sitting there in NXL full auto or PSP ramp in 50 degree weather with rain and diving left and right and occasionally hitting the hopper first? i didnt think so. i can honestly say, that 9 times out of 10 if im shooting straight semi that i will never chop, but when we do tournaments and im rolling 15 ALL day long, that i get more chops because the hopper doesnt have a chance to settle the balls right.

I can honestly say I have never hit the hopper first on any dive, but I guess I care about the equipment I use. I use my body and not the marker on slides/dives. But your not the only one that plays in PSP mode all day long, sometimes in inclimate weather/rain and sliding/diving into bunkers. I just never have problems. Most of the time the paint in the halo looks like toilet with industrial flush swirling down the pipe. These pros must use some special otterly brittel paint. Any place around the area here. You buy the best tournment paint per field and it works just fine. I also spend countless amount of hours fine tuning between tournaments/practice days. Checking,rechecking,cleaning, lubing everything making sure everything is 100%. I'm very anal about its state of tune. It has to be the best it can be, perfection. I just do it for fun. I'm no pro, but the tune of my equipment could be if there is such a thing. Very embarrassing to have the marker malfuction, break alot of paint and be just a total pig at the end of the day. I demand more and the mag just doesn't let me down. In a couple more week I'll have around 2k in the Emag, but it performs like a million bucks. As long as there is parts and it continues to be the trooper that it is. I will never consider anything else.