PDA

View Full Version : T-Board (Scenario Dreams) vs. Predator (Devilmag)

PnueMagger
02-10-2006, 04:18 AM
I'm planning a hyperframe project and debating getting it Devilled, or dropping in a T-board.

First off...I know that the Predators in devilmags are better overall, no contest.
My question is are they $100+ dollars better?

When looking at em, here are the similarities: Unlimited ROF (limited by hopper/marker), Break beam eyes, adustable dwell and settings, 9V input, and ramping.

The only difference I see is the pred having like 20 other firing modes, $150+ price tag, ??? But why do need more than semi and ramp if you only play NPPL and the occasion rare rec game with others using cheater modes. Seems like a waste unless you play PSP, or other ramping full auto tourneys. Both are made by good quality names.

$55 dollars vs $150 dollars seems like a large gap. Does the t-board suck dowm batteries more?

11 Bravo
02-10-2006, 05:52 AM
The Predatored Mini Morlock is better quality and is small enought to fit in the Hyper with no problem. The t board is not of the same quality and will not fit in the Hyper without some grinding on the frame. My son has had some problems with the chips that he has received from Scenario Dreams, but they did take care of him right away (still had the problem though).
Getting a Predatored Mini Morlock will cost you about $177.00 You have to buy the board from KM2 ($127.00) and then send it to TAG to get flashed to Predator 5.0 ($50.00). I did that and think it was worth it.

The program that is stock on the Mini Morlock is not bad, you could just go with that and not get it flashed. It doesnt have the psp mode though.

BigEvil
02-10-2006, 08:00 AM
I have both. No contest. Predators hands down. They are much more, i guess 'robust' is the word im looking for. They can handle a absurd amount of current. Supposedly, TAG is pretty close to having new DIY boards. If you want to wait a bit, it would be cheaper than ordering a mini Morlock and sending it to TAG for the Predator code.

PnueMagger
02-10-2006, 10:41 AM
I have both. No contest. Predators hands down. They are much more, i guess 'robust' is the word im looking for. They can handle a absurd amount of current. Supposedly, TAG is pretty close to having new DIY boards. If you want to wait a bit, it would be cheaper than ordering a mini Morlock and sending it to TAG for the Predator code.

I know the TAG are going to be better...But if I'm really not interested in anything other than high rof and ramping, is the TAG worth it. I've never owned an electro so I'm not really experienced with modes of fire. The only time would use ramp would actually be at the chrono :D .

11 Bravo
02-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Well if your just going to use semi and just want to show off at the chrono - go with the Mini Morlock. $127.00 shipped.

warbeak2099
02-10-2006, 02:50 PM
Tboards are great low cost boards. I have one and it is fast. The Predator does have more modes and can be used on a wider range of guns. However, if you want to save your dough, the Tboard is fine.