PDA

View Full Version : Paintball Field Designs

Mikey B
02-10-2006, 02:41 PM
I am doing a research paper on Field designs and I just want to know what kind of speedball fields do you guys like (Indoor, outdoor) and (3,5,7 man). What kind of bunkers do you like (hyperball, Air). And what type of bunker do you like (Stand up, snake, dorito, etc). What kind of ground do you like (grass, wood shavings, astroturf). If you have anything else to add to why you like a particulare field then feel free.

Also, if anybody know of a site that has pictures of a bunch of different lay outs that would be cool.

Thanks!

Pyroboy597
02-10-2006, 02:48 PM
As for fields, indoor speedball 5 man is the best. I like Air Can bunkers, as well as large doritos. The best floor type is astroturf out of your choices, but my favorite is unique to my field. The field that I play at "Paintball Invasion" used to be an indoor soccer complex, so they left the original carpet (the carpet does not have any fuzz to it, just a soft floor) and let it get used for paintball. When the "carpet" gets some use into it after a washing, the paint makes it PERFECT for sliding on. You can get a good 12 foot belly-slide without getting red marks or risking getting woodchips or mud all over your gear.

buzzboy
02-10-2006, 07:00 PM
What I like best:

Outdoor
5 man
Hyperball
Standup
Grass

BeaverEater
02-10-2006, 08:53 PM
outdoor
5 man
air ball
stand up
and nothing beats grass

REDRT
02-10-2006, 11:23 PM
outdoor
5 man
air ball
stand up
and nothing beats grass

And this comes from a guy that schedules his Grad party on a tournament day :rolleyes:
I'd second all of the above.

BeaverEater
02-11-2006, 12:17 AM
ouch that hurts, i had my grad party scheduled like 2 months before the tourny anyways. plus i would of played like garbage since i wasnt in that great of a mind set that weekend anyways :cheers:

REDRT
02-11-2006, 12:28 AM
ouch that hurts, i had my grad party scheduled like 2 months before the tourny anyways. plus i would of played like garbage since i wasnt in that great of a mind set that weekend anyways :cheers:
From now on at least 3 month advanced notice. :D

Cow hunter
02-11-2006, 10:29 PM
outdoor
5 man
air ball
stand up
and nothing beats grass
thirded