PDA

View Full Version : Attention World of Warcrack addicts

SniperSmurf
02-12-2006, 03:55 AM
Is anyone here looking forward to the upcoming D&D Online release? Anyone played the Beta version yet? If so, how do you like/dislike it? Personally, I can't wait, but I've been burned before... Granted, those were mostly with patch issues and rarely the actual game content or gameplay. Just lookin' for some opinions from a forum without a glut of fanbois.
:cheers:

CaptaiN_JacK
02-12-2006, 11:57 AM
http://www.ddo.com/?page_id=71

o.m.g.

Would you look at those screenshots! Amazing!

Even better (from their Faq):

What is your position on macroing? What measures are you taking to prevent macroing?
We do not support or endorse the practice of macroing, which we define as using third-party software to automate certain functions of gameplay. Dungeons & Dragons Online is being engineered to be resistant to the use of macro programs, and anyone caught using macros to play DDO will be subject to disciplinary action.

:headbang:

http://www.ddo.com/

Glickman
02-12-2006, 12:02 PM
Is anyone here looking forward to the upcoming D&D Online release? Anyone played the Beta version yet? If so, how do you like/dislike it? Personally, I can't wait, but I've been burned before... Granted, those were mostly with patch issues and rarely the actual game content or gameplay. Just lookin' for some opinions from a forum without a glut of fanbois.
:cheers:

Graphics: Good
Gameplay: argrgggsgiudsoghiuhgihdsoigiosdgiohjdioghdg

/clean up puke

i beta'd it and still cant realize how you can have a MMO WITH NO PVP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!;

SniperSmurf
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
i beta'd it and still cant realize how you can have a MMO WITH NO PVP?!?
In the beginning, I can see how that would aleviate a lot of problems, but none whatsoever? That does seem a bit odd... Guess I'll try to get a 10 day beta and see how it goes before shelling out 50 bucks (and whatever the monthly fees are going to be. Heck, Guild Wars is free! Wish they'd do something like that for this. Yeah, I know... Wishfull thinking... ;)

SniperSmurf
02-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Aargh! Pirates!!! :argh:
http://ddoimages.turbine.com/files/55/69/06/38/706.jpg
Sweet...

Automaggot68
02-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Aargh! Pirates!!! :argh:
http://ddoimages.turbine.com/files/55/69/06/38/706.jpg
Sweet...

What you're failing to remember is that you're only getting those AWESOME graphics if you have the means doing so.

You'll have to be running a top notchin gaming box to get all of the claims that any Game company makes.

I could link you to Screenshots of WoW that put that shot to shame.

I've got a buddy in the beta, He plays a thief, or whatever that class is.
He says the only rewarding tlaent he's got, is the ability to, 'Talk smack inbetween monsters'.
Dunno what that really entails, though.

SniperSmurf
02-12-2006, 04:23 PM
What you're failing to remember is that you're only getting those AWESOME graphics if you have the means doing so.

You'll have to be running a top notchin gaming box to get all of the claims that any Game company makes.
No worries there, but thanks for the input!
I like the rogue class myself, but if it's as your friend says, I'll definitley have to get the beta before buying.

Automaggot68
02-12-2006, 04:24 PM
No worries there, but thanks for the input!
I like the rogue class myself, but if it's as your friend says, I'll definitley have to get the beta before buying.

Yeah, Im a dedicated rogue myself.
I sadly can play no other class =(

Ninja Edit: Hope it didn't sound like I was flaming you, didn't mean to come off that way.

FactsOfLife
02-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Graphics: Good
Gameplay: argrgggsgiudsoghiuhgihdsoigiosdgiohjdioghdg

/clean up puke

i beta'd it and still cant realize how you can have a MMO WITH NO PVP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!;

no PvP?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

ain't no way I'm signin up for that carebear nonsense.

SniperSmurf
02-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Ninja Edit: Hope it didn't sound like I was flaming you, didn't mean to come off that way.
No, I didn't get that at all. :cheers:
Besides, if I can't take a flame by now, I'm in the wrong place... :cool:

ScatterPlot
02-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Been digging around on the site, and can't find the minimum system specs. Anybody know 'em?

DiRTyBuNNy
02-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I was part of the first couple of Beta's and all I can say is that after playing WoW this game completely underwhelms...

-dB