PDA

View Full Version : reg seat problem

wyn1370
12-14-2001, 01:10 PM
OK, I want to see if anyone else has this problem. And yes I know I can call tech support, but calling Chi town on works time doesn't go over too good with the partners. Maybe I'll try during lunch one of these days if I ever get a chance.

So here goes.

For my old minimag valve I've got a least 6 reg seats from assorted AGD repair and first aid kits that will not stay in the regulator. I've tried putting them in on either side, but if turned upside down they fall right out. This causes a leak out the back of the valve. Now has something changed in the size of reg seats or is there different sizes. Has anybody else had this happen to them.

PyRo
12-14-2001, 03:01 PM
All reg seats should be pretty much the same size. They only go in one way, one side is bigger than the other, and should snap onto the reg back. Have you tried a new reg seat, so just old ones?

wyn1370
12-14-2001, 03:26 PM
to start I had a slow leak. So I tried the new reg seats that I had in my tool box to no avial. Bought a first aid kit, same result.

wyn1370
12-17-2001, 11:48 AM
moving on up, to the top side, to a deluxe topic in the....
you get the idea

Omicron
01-22-2002, 06:42 PM
yeah, I have this problem too!

I have had first shot hots and stuff, so I replaced the reg. seat...I still have first shot hots...Onto the velocity part. I replace that oring same thing...

BTW, all my reg seats don't "snap in hard". Could that be the problem? Can I use Air America Regulator Seats on the mag valve? They look the same. When I get extras i'll take a pic and show you guys.

SoupRman
01-22-2002, 07:16 PM
clean and oil all your reg. parts. theres probably dirt on the valve, or anywhere in the piston or other assemblies in the back part. as a matter of fact, clean and oil all of the o-rings in the valve and dry fire it w/o a barrel on a couple of times.

Omicron
01-22-2002, 07:31 PM
thanks SoupRman, i'll try that when i get my parts kit (i ordered another one). I looked in the velocity part, and theres no dirt. I checked the Powertube and on/off...Nothing

The only thing left is the reg pin, spring, seat..I will check that out when i have a spare reg seat.