PDA

View Full Version : OK, What's the deal with AGD?!?!?!?!?

Chrishew09
02-13-2006, 09:15 PM
I love my Emag and AGD is one of the best marker manufactures there is and one of the oldest to. But I keep hearing that they are going out of business, I just want the real deal. Are they going anywere anytime soon, are they really going to be out of our lifes some day?

Can someone please tell all of use the TRUE story with AGD, I do not want to see them go, but DO want to now the truth.
:headbang: :shooting: :hail:

personman
02-13-2006, 09:20 PM
They are not going out of buisiness... in fact they just made a post that they were starting another batch of ygrips, I would say making more of a product is hardly a sign of going out of business. Id give them atleast a few more years at the least :) I dont see it happening anytime soon.

BeaverEater
02-13-2006, 09:36 PM
ya as long as they have their military contracts, they will not go out of business.

nastymag
02-13-2006, 10:44 PM
you know whats funny ....the only place i hear that they are going out of business from ..is here :tard:

they arent

MoeMag
02-13-2006, 11:14 PM
military contracts

:eek: Military contracts!? I did not know that.
No wonder they are not doing anything new... they are getting a mountain of money for a product they don’t have to do any new RD on, like other companys always trying to out do their old products.

Tom is apparently not only a pneumatics genius but also a business god. :hail:
He must be living nicely because a government contract is every manufactures dream.
Government contract=big $$$

Jdogg
02-14-2006, 12:08 AM
They are not going out of buisiness... in fact they just made a post that they were starting another batch of ygrips, I would say making more of a product is hardly a sign of going out of business. Id give them atleast a few more years at the least :) I dont see it happening anytime soon.

heard the same thing from AGD also

REDRT
02-14-2006, 12:09 AM
you know whats funny ....the only place i hear that they are going out of business from ..is here :tard:

they arent

Truth be told nobody else cares anywhere else. We the select few mainly here on AO are the vast majority that really cares. Almost everybody that has any interest in AGD is here at least from time to time. So I guess that would be my thoughts on why posts like this one pop up so often right here on AO and very few places else. We are not mainstream anymore which is :( , but we haven't threw in the towel yet niether. AGD has never been some super conglomerate. It was and is still small by comparison to many others out there, but that is ok. The quality of AGDs products has never been compromised. AGD commitment to quality is a big part of why us the users stay committed to AGD. Will AGD make a stellar come back? Are they to go under? Are valid questions. Faith is the key. Nobody can say for sure if something good or bad will happen a day, a week, a year down the road. Knowen that the men and women that make up the core of AGD are working hard everyday, Outside vendors are still developing wild ways to customise our markers and us the users are still here day after day gives me faith. Even in the darkest hours before light faith will guide us thru to the dawn.
http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoWi.gif

neppo1345
02-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Well...glad we got that thread out of the way for the month...

:hail: ALL HAIL AGD... :hail:

/begin worship
//choir chant

peewee
02-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Nope not closing the doors. We seem to get one of these posts every month. I have been hearing that AGD was going under since 1992 right after I bought my first mag. Someone keeps forgetting to tell them that they are broke & out of business. I honestly saw more mags at a local tournament than I have seen in a while. If mine wasnt on its way to centerflag to get the grip upgraded I'd have been using mine.

Chrishew09
02-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Well I guess you all answere my question, and its great news.

The only reason I brought it up is b/c I read a post were a guy said that the Emags AGD is selling are the final batch and that they are selling there surplus and will not be making any more.

But now I dont believe that..... :p
Thanks for the great news!!!!!!! :dance:

Vex
02-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Well I guess you all answere my question, and its great news.

The only reason I brought it up is b/c I read a post were a guy said that the Emags AGD is selling are the final batch and that they are selling there surplus and will not be making any more.

But now I dont believe that..... :p
Thanks for the great news!!!!!!! :dance:
Actually, the part about the Emags IS true...sadly. :(

craltal
02-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Well...glad we got that thread out of the way for the month...

but I doubt it is the last we'll see this month.

Chrishew09
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
REALLY!!! :eek:
So are they plaining to make another highend electro marker? :confused:

bleachit
02-14-2006, 12:21 PM
REALLY!!! :eek:
So are they plaining to make another highend electro marker? :confused:

who knows?

Tom retired and Zupe doesnt post/tell AO anything...

maybe... is it likely? Im not holding my breath.

Jdogg
02-14-2006, 12:51 PM
But how do you make the best better?

Mags are not pushed like they should, ask most newbs.... mag what???

Chrishew09
02-14-2006, 01:51 PM
You are right, how do you make the best better.... :p

Yeah, since Tom retired we get no feedback or news about AGD.

Lohman446
02-14-2006, 01:57 PM
But how do you make the best better?

Mags are not pushed like they should, ask most newbs.... mag what???

Hmm... so, what makes a mag better than say - a (in no particular order) Angel, Shocker, DM , PM, Timmy, Viking, etc?

personman
02-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Hmm... so, what makes a mag better than say - a (in no particular order) Angel, Shocker, DM , PM, Timmy, Viking, etc?
It's all opinion but I'd say

Simplicity
Reliability
Customer service

and lots of other small things like I love the feel of mags, I can aim very well with them, they are very small and very light.
In my opinion the only downfall the mag has is efficiency and it honestly isnt that bad.

That's right, I said it.

But there really isnt any such thing as 'better' just more preferable

sean33
02-14-2006, 05:27 PM
mags are def the best marker out there...no question a :argh: sked..

SniperSmurf
02-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Does nobody use the "search" option anymore?

Jdogg
02-14-2006, 07:17 PM

for over eleven years there has been little change to the valve, it is the fastest...proven, it has been around longer and ask any mag owner, there is nothing better, most people dont stop and think.... if Tom K never invented his products it would be very different world. Almost every marker uses concepts introduced by AGD.

And in order to get perfaction you have to make it better, there is no marker out there that is on the level of thr RT, It leads the pack from the day one.......

REDRT
02-14-2006, 07:17 PM

I use it all the time. :D

BeaverEater
02-14-2006, 07:46 PM
its really all personal preference with higher end guns. All have their upside, and all have the downside. Ive owned a lot of higher end guns and still prefer my cyborg the most.

Tao
02-14-2006, 09:43 PM

I have to admit I doubt that the e mag is getting discontinued. I was in line for an x mag for the final run but sadly missed out. I bough my emag 2 years ago so I doubt that after all this time there are still going through old inventory.
Besides if the cut the emag that would kill most of their sales wouldn't it?
Sure the RT pro custom is dirt cheap but with electros dominating the market and RT trigger illegal for tourneys who would buy it besides people like us! :P

shartley
02-15-2006, 06:33 AM
I have to admit I doubt that the e mag is getting discontinued. I was in line for an x mag for the final run but sadly missed out. I bough my emag 2 years ago so I doubt that after all this time there are still going through old inventory.
Besides if the cut the emag that would kill most of their sales wouldn't it?
Sure the RT pro custom is dirt cheap but with electros dominating the market and RT trigger illegal for tourneys who would buy it besides people like us! :P
What?
:rofl:

Lohman446
02-15-2006, 07:14 AM
for over eleven years there has been little change to the valve, it is the fastest...proven, it has been around longer and ask any mag owner, there is nothing better, most people dont stop and think.... if Tom K never invented his products it would be very different world. Almost every marker uses concepts introduced by AGD.

And in order to get perfaction you have to make it better, there is no marker out there that is on the level of thr RT, It leads the pack from the day one.......

Hmmm.. I own a mag, custom built (actually right this moment I think I own four through some fluke of inventory management by a local shop). I would be hard pressed to mark any marker out there today as "the best", and I think I have the experience owning many of today's high end markers to say that. I had a Devilmag... Best requires that it be better than everything else. Even it was not better than anything else. As to the "no other marker out there that is on the level of the RT"... you need to come to this decade.

Alpha
02-15-2006, 03:54 PM
:eek: Military contracts!? I did not know that.
No wonder they are not doing anything new... they are getting a mountain of money for a product they don’t have to do any new RD on, like other companys always trying to out do their old products.

Tom is apparently not only a pneumatics genius but also a business god. :hail:
He must be living nicely because a government contract is every manufactures dream.
Government contract=big $$$

Not necessarily. Things are done by the lowest bidder in the military, so unles you have the capacity to make a ton of products, the company might not be able to handle it.

Chrishew09
02-15-2006, 04:11 PM
What are they making for the military?

Recon by Fire
02-15-2006, 09:50 PM
What are they making for the military?

What's your clearance? :ninja:

And not all contracts go to the lowest bidder either.

Aslan
02-15-2006, 10:04 PM

What do you think is more common? A post asking whether or not the rumor that AGD is going out of business is true...or the post somewhere in the thread asking if anyone uses the search option?

It's a quandry.

:confused: :cheers:

SniperSmurf
02-15-2006, 10:11 PM
What do you think is more common? A post asking whether or not the rumor that AGD is going out of business is true...or the post somewhere in the thread asking if anyone uses the search option?

It's a quandry.

:confused: :cheers:
They should be directly proportional to each other, at least until people start getting a clue... ;)

Kyle.Kimber
02-15-2006, 11:29 PM

I'd say that the only difference in the actual performance is that Mags have a blow forward design, which from what I hear is a GOOD thing. Other than that, nothing much, besides you could probably drop a mag off a cliff and it would still shoot fine.

Chrishew09
02-16-2006, 07:03 AM
I dont know how this thread got here....I just was wondering about all the rumors I was hearing.

But since its here :rolleyes: , it's all about prefferance and my prefferance is with AGD :clap: