PDA

View Full Version : x-Value on Old Mag

grooves007
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
If I have a Mag that is 8-10 years old, how much more performance would i get out of a value swap? Is it worth it?

Alpha
02-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, chances are its a micromag or an origonal automag...

Pics?

I really can't say without seeing whats on it.

craltal
02-14-2006, 05:23 PM
well, an x-valve wil limit you to HPA only, no CO2 on an x-valve.

it's lighter than your classic valve, (aluminum versus stainless steel)

it's capable of cycling faster, but unless you get some sort of electronics and a double trigger, you're not likely to be able to utilize that.

Without knowing more, I'd suggest getting an intelliframe or another 2 finger trigger frame.

Tao
02-14-2006, 05:41 PM
You should get full performance out of it. I did a straight swap with my classic mag and it work fine. Only thing is I didn't have much of a reactive trigger but the grip frame was so gummed up inside it probably inhibited the sear (it looked like some 30 year old lead plumbing, and it still worked :P).

PumpPlayer
02-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Not really worth it, IMO.

You're limited by too many other factors. Principally, the feed tubes. Direct side-feed requires an elbow which doesn't bode well for force-fed loader speed. Powerfeed works great, but binds with force feed. It's a great thing and I love it, but it works best with just a revvy at under 12-13 BPS. Either way, you're not able to take advantage of the speed the x-valve can produce. And besides, if you already have an HPA setup that would be required for the x-valve, a classic on HPA will not perform poorly by any measure.

That said, the level 10 is certainly worth it. I'd just buy the bolt kit and leave it at that.
But if you really want to, it's not a dumb thing to do, just not cost-effective.