PDA

View Full Version : man is the east having a bad ski year

mag88888
02-14-2006, 04:08 PM
I know theres some skiiers on here, hows the year going for you guys? Up here in VT its not so good, at all. Smuggs, stowe, sugarbush really need snow. Its for sure a bad year for the east. On the other hand, the west is having a good year, great I hear actually. Whistler broke their snow record for January, they got 181.5 inches in one month!!! I wanna go to the west sometime. Anyone here been to the west, ya know BC or around there, whistler, jackson hole...whats it like? My friend John is going to Utah for some heli-skiing, lucky guy. And another friend, also John, is goingto Jackson Hole!

I can't wait til next year, new stuff. I'm planning on some Line Chronics, rossi axial bindings, and some nordica beasts 10's or 12's. I can't wait!! I'm also considering some Public Enemies and Chronic wides, and Line mothership flites. No matter which way I'm sure to have a sick ski.

Brak
02-14-2006, 05:26 PM
yeah this season sucked. im just looking forward to going to Tahoe in march. Im skipping a week of school (senior year) to go when there are NO crowds. I hope theyre having a good season at least. Its gonna be awesome, i just got a new pair of lines (assassin) for SUPER cheap and i wanna take em out

sean33
02-14-2006, 05:28 PM
ya dude its been a blank yr down here in MA although we just got nailed..

mag88888
02-14-2006, 05:39 PM
yeah this season sucked. im just looking forward to going to Tahoe in march. Im skipping a week of school (senior year) to go when there are NO crowds. I hope theyre having a good season at least. Its gonna be awesome, i just got a new pair of lines (assassin) for SUPER cheap and i wanna take em out

where did you get them? online?

Brak
02-14-2006, 06:13 PM
I got them off of ebay. greatest deal ever, although it took forever for them to get here. A pair of brand news STILL IN PLASTIC Line Assassins for $165 shipped.

WenULiVeUdiE
02-14-2006, 08:13 PM
It has been pretty horrible. In fact, so horrible I have not gone once this season. There has been rideable snow on the mountains in the poconoes, but it is all machine made powder. Not to mention I have been extremely busy with robotics this season.

Bah, just when my dad bought a new pair of skiis and I got myself another board. Oh well, you win some, you lose some...

temps
02-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Up here in montreal area we had a good early season but now we havnt had any snow in a long time and there is no powder.. Just really hard packed snow/ice. Its like boarding on cement! Need it to warm up a little and get a good couple of inches.. preferably sunday since I go boarding monday/tuesdays :p

Last time I was at Jay Peak they had nice conditions but that was early january :(

Just checked the weather report.. its snowing right now on my hill and going to continue tomorrow and again friday, and next monday/tuesday.. sweet :clap: :D Perfect timeing right after mid terms :)

mag88888
02-15-2006, 07:15 PM
some ski and board vids to spice things up.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=972118161500355339&q=dvs

scroll down a bit to the link...
http://newschoolers.com/ns3/web/content/news.php?news_id=1020&

yeha thsoe are two really sick vids! i like the one right above here cause im a skiier but i still ove that boarding vid. great stuff.