PDA

View Full Version : I NEED YOUR AUTOMAG KNOWLEDGE! Valve's question!

kingpen509
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Its true I'am a Automag Newb. I just purchased my first automag and it has a classic valve. Its works great and shoots well however I DO want to make it faster. Other then the names i.e. x-valve, RT-Valve, E-mag valve. I dont know what they can do for me (How do they make it faster).

Oh yeah and for reference I already purchased and installed a vert feed ULE body and a Intelliframe so other then that its just a stock Automag Pro.

To summerize my question is simply what options do I have to make my gun shoot faster and how will the different valves do it?

Oh and if anyone has a valve set up for sale that will shoot faster then the classic valve I am on the market to purchase one!

Also I'm sorry if this question has been answereed in another thread I dont need to be flamed. A link to the other thread would be just fine indeed!

Lohman446
02-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Several valves are marked RT or Retro (both stainless and aluminum valves) and are identical to either the stainless RT valve or the X-valve. Basically there are only a handful of valves out there that are made by AGD

Classic - stainless steel valve - the old "classic" AGD valve marked generally 68 Automag or Minimag.

Classic RT - designed only for the classic RT. This is the valve that is meant to be partially internal as in teh classic RT and fed through a banjo bolt.

RT valve - the stainless steel "Retro valve" Functionally the same as the X-valve though made out of stainless steel. This has the "reactive" trigger behind it, where the trigger is returned with more force than pulls it. Capabale of speed well beyond anything your going to pull. Some can take the ULT trigger mod some cannot without modification. These were often marked E-mag, RT, or Retro.

X-valve. the aluminum "retro valve". All aluminum has all the effects of the RT valve and also comes stock with level ten. Often marked RT Pro, RT, Retro, E-maxx, and various other labels. At this point considered by most people to be the most desireable valve.

Personally, and I have a stainless retro, a stainless classic, and two X-valves sitting on various markers here my own personal marker has a stainless retro on it.

kingpen509
02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
So i would be able to upgrade to an different valve using the stock rail and sear and still get full use of the trigger "reactivity"

Lohman446
02-15-2006, 01:37 PM
So i would be able to upgrade to an different valve using the stock rail and sear and still get full use of the trigger "reactivity"

The valves are basically a "drop in". Though the e-mag on-off was a bit different than the RT on-off the valve is still useable by swapping the two, or buying the on-off from an RT if staying mechanical.