PDA

View Full Version : Really confused about mags

Mikey Mike
02-15-2006, 01:51 PM
OK, I am looking at buying a mag as my next gun, But I am sooo lost!
I do not know what the differences are between the ULE?, RT PRO, Classic, Mini mag and Tac One .
What is the difference between the X valve the RT valve and the Retro valve
Also is the intelli frame Electronic or not? what about the Chimera frame?
What barrel threads do Mags take? I used to think they had their own but I see a lot that take cocker threads!

and what the hell are rails? what is the difference between them?

sigh

finally I got $700 to buy/ Build a gun, i play a lot of speed ball so I need high ROF and Accuracy...I lean more towards accuracy than rate of fire.http://www.automags.org/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=3#

Lohman446
02-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I do not know what the differences are between the ULE?, RT PRO, Classic, Mini mag and Tac One .
What barrel threads do Mags take? I used to think they had their own but I see a lot that take cocker threads!

sigh

finally I got $700 to buy/ Build a gun, i play a lot of speed ball so I need high ROF and Accuracy...I lean more towards accuracy than rate of fire.

:confused:

Tunaman (a moderator on this forum) http://www.tunamart.com, or Roguefactor (also on this forum) http://themagsmith.com/, among various others are AGD dealers. They will be able to walk you through all the differences, and help you build a mechanical mag that will serve your needs as well as any mechanical marker can for less than that $700 (likely less than $500). If your looking electro they can also point you in the right direction.

Rail: the piece that everything bolts to, between the frame and the body and below the valve. There are various rails available.

Valves: See the discussion on this page on valves http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=191641

Frames: Intelli / Chimera / and various other custom non-electro frames are out there. Electors are the hyperframe, the E-mag frames and lowerst hat go with it, and some custom options.

marpat
02-15-2006, 02:49 PM

sigh

finally I got $700 to buy/ Build a gun, i play a lot of speed ball so I need high ROF and Accuracy...I lean more towards accuracy than rate of fire.http://www.automags.org/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=3#

Hopefully i can help you with your questions; as i also had the same questions.

ULE - Ultra Light Engineering - fancy way of saying that ADG went from stainless steel to aluminum.
Usually refers to the x-valve which is all aluminum and has the highest recharge rate of all the AGD valves which virtually eliminates shootdown when tuned right.
combines all the advances of the previous valves into one lighter valve. uses R/T technology for a high ROF
RT Pro - Retro Valve Pro - excess air from the valve helps push the on/off pin out of the valve to reset it to fire.

Classic valve - oldest out of the AGD valves

Mini Mag - base model mag different milling on the body

Tac-One - AGD's mil-sim marker that incorporates ULE technology, x-valve, intelliframe in one big package with weaver style rails for mil-sim attachments i.e. lights, lasersights etc etc.

Intelli frames / chimera frames are not electronic only E-mag/x-mag frames are. i think you can fit electronics in a chimera frame with mods.

there are 2 types of bodys for mag valves

1 - older steel bodys that use the TWIST LOCK threading for AGD

2 - ULE body's made out of aluminum which use autococker threaded barrels

Rails are what keeps the mag together, triggerframe, body and valve

the difference is that of style and weight

older Automag/mini mag rails are standard and can fit all body's and valves

RT rails / emag rails differer in that the R/T rails are bigger and R/T & E-mag rails use different sear's and a pin that screws into the rail

Emag/ULE rails are usually milled to be lighter.

finally I got $700 to buy/ Build a gun, i play a lot of speed ball so I need high ROF and Accuracy...I lean more towards accuracy than rate of fire

Finally if you're looking for a speedball marker - E-mag or x-mag or devilmag :D

hope this helps..

Marpat.

Alpha
02-15-2006, 03:12 PM
What he said^

www.TheAlphaMag.com (my domain is going to expire soon so hurry up!)

Mag tech> Automags 101

Should give you the low down.

Mikey Mike
02-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Wow thanks for the play by play, that is perfect

thanks to civic too, very helpful posts i think I have a general understanding of the mag now

Cow hunter
02-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Hopefully i can help you with your questions; as i also had the same questions.

ULE - Ultra Light Engineering - fancy way of saying that ADG went from stainless steel to aluminum.
Usually refers to the x-valve which is all aluminum and has the highest recharge rate of all the ADG valves which virtually eliminates shootdown when tuned right.
combines all the advances of the previous valves into one lighter valve. uses R/T technology for a high ROF
RT Pro - Retro Valve Pro - excess air from the valve helps push the on/off pin out of the valve to reset it to fire.

Classic valve - oldest out of the ADG valves

Mini Mag - from pro-team products usually in a REVERSE air fitting when normally the fitting is on the right hand side of the valve the mini-mag air fitting is on the LEFT. Not much different than the classic *please correct me if i'm wrong*

Tac-One - ADG's mil-sim marker that incorporates ULE technology, x-valve, intelliframe in one big package with weaver style rails for mil-sim attachments i.e. lights, lasersights etc etc.

Intelli frames / chimera frames are not electronic only E-mag/x-mag frames are. i think you can fit electronics in a chimera frame with mods.

there are 2 types of bodys for mag valves

1 - older steel bodys that use the TWIST LOCK threading for ADG

2 - ULE body's made out of aluminum which use autococker threaded barrels

Rails are what keeps the mag together, triggerframe, body and valve

the difference is that of style and weight

older Automag/mini mag rails are standard and can fit all body's and valves

RT rails / emag rails differer in that the R/T rails are bigger and R/T & E-mag rails use different sear's and a pin that screws into the rail

Emag/ULE rails are usually milled to be lighter.

Finally if you're looking for a speedball marker - E-mag or x-mag or devilmag :D

hope this helps..

Marpat.
oh, where to start the corrections.... :D lets see its AGDnot ADG
the mini is just the base model mag, look on store.airgun.com....
the MICRO mag was made by PTP, i have one, its basically the same, just no rail, look http://www.jayloo.com/photo_gallery/show_pic.html?pIMAGE_ID=32824
and lets be clear, all mag parts are interchangable, except those for the classic RT, the old style of the RT pro

Cow hunter
02-15-2006, 03:31 PM
i explained in your other post, but;
intelli/chimera-mech grip frames
all mag parts are interchangable
mags use cocker threads
old mags use twist lock, and so does the minimag
minimag is base model AGD amrker
the rail is the metal peice that holds the gun together
ULE-fancy way to say they've been made lighter

$700 will get you a nice mag!
if you want mech, go for an RT pro, no question, ULE body, maybe a warp, and i suggest to get a Y grip, very comfy, but wait for the first week of march for them to be re-sold

electro, go for a used emag from the B/S/T fourms.....
maybe even an X-mag? i dont know but one might fall into your price range

Tao
02-15-2006, 03:50 PM

sigh

finally I got $700 to buy/ Build a gun, i play a lot of speed ball so I need high ROF and Accuracy...I lean more towards accuracy than rate of fire.

:confused:

ok I will make a list for you in chronological order :P

1) The auto mag classic--what started it all has a built in regulator in the back of the valve

2) The minimag--A smaller version of the classic basically uses a shorter barrel but otherwise the same

3) automag RT classic,--This gun uses a more advanced vlave and regulator. It can sustain 26bps. This gun however is not very compatible with upgrades and is disscontinued.

4) automag RT pro--The same as above but chages were made to allow it to be completly compatible with upgrades.

5)E mag--This is exactly the same as an RT PRO but it has an electronic grip frame

6) x mag--This was an imporvement on the e mag to incorporare good looks, a removable breach system and an anti chop eye. This marker is discontinued however.

Alright parts for all the guns except the RT and the X mag are all reverse/forward compatible. You can put a classic body on an RT pro and vice versa.
The x mag uses the same vavle as the other guns (except RT) and the same electronic grip frame as the e mag.

Upgrades:

Bodies:
Steel bodies: These include power feed right/left. These are the orriginal style bodies and can take a pownding. All guns use these but minimags and RT classics have their own and are not compatible with the other guns. These bodies use the twist lock style of barrels.

ULE (aluminum body): This is an upgrade of sorts. They include centre feed warp left/right. They are 50% lighter than the steel varieties and include autockocker threading for the barrels.

Valves:
Classic valve(lvl7): This is the first valve and the same one you will see in an automag classic or a minimag.
RT valve: This valve can sustain an increased firing rate, has a reactive trigger (the trigger gets pushed forward after every shot) and can only use compressed air not CO2.
Retro(pro, emag) valve: This is the same as the RT vavle but modified to be compatible with the majority of the guns.
X valve(lvl10); This vlave is the same as the RT pro vavle but is all aluminium to be lighter and incorporates the lvl 10 anti chop bolt.

Other upgrades:
lvl 10 bolt--This bolt is an upgrade for the classic, or RT pro vavles. It is a lighter bolt and is designed to bounce off paint which is only halfway into the breach so that it does not chop the ball in half.
ULT (ultra light trigger) or ULE trigger-- This is an upgrade for the RT pro and requires the lvl 10 kit to be already installed. It allows the mechanical trigger to have close to the same pull wieght as an electronic trigger to imporve your rate of fire.
Warp feed--This is like the Q loader in a way. It can feed in the mid 20bps and removes the hopper from the top of your gun. This is best further explained by a live demonstration :P

Frames:

Inteli frame--This is a mechanical only trigger but it can be modified to send a signal to the loader to make it feed. It does not have a solenoid to set off the vlave though like an electronic grip does.

Y grip: Another mech trigger which is more comfortable to use since it is bent the way your wrist really wants to go when you have the gun tucked up into your shoulder.

A chimera frame is a third party frame not by agd. I have not delt much with these so someone else can explain them :)

ok THE POINT:

A new emag is $999 so out of your budget I guess. However you can buy a used e mag with a warp feed perhaps for about $500 on ebay or you can look around this site. If you want you can probably buy an x mag for $800-900 on ebay.
If you want you go go with a RT pro custom off of airgun. In order to have a speed ball usable marker you will need a ULT (ultra light trigger for sure). I would go with a Y grip too.

marpat
02-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the corrections! hehe i corrected my post!

forgot to add that the x-valve comes with the level 10 bolt standard.

Mikey Mike
02-15-2006, 04:58 PM
sorry for the double post...

that being said wow, thank you guys soo much, I think I finally get a feel for these guns. Lots of very useful info and great reccomendations. Much thanks appreciated

I already have a warp feed on my tribal, so I will keep that when it sells, so I think I will just go the custom mag route, and try a ULE in a custom mag.

Finally, how did the Devil mag get the Electronics down so small when the original E-mag has that massive battery on it??

Automaggot68
02-15-2006, 05:06 PM

that being said wow, thank you guys soo much, I think I finally get a feel for these guns. Lots of very useful info and great reccomendations. Much thanks appreciated

I already have a warp feed on my tribal, so I will keep that when it sells, so I think I will just go the custom mag route, and try a ULE in a custom mag.

Finally, how did the Devil mag get the Electronics down so small when the original E-mag has that massive battery on it??

Whats a Devilmag?

Tao
02-15-2006, 05:10 PM

The massive battery is there because the solenoid needs lots of juice to pull the sear. Any other elctronic gun doesn't need the solenoid to move the sear. Instead it just presses the on/off pin or whatever is in the othr guns to open the vavle.

The devil mag gets rid of the sear so no mechanical overide, no big job for the solenoid, needs half as much juice to run. Basically the solenoid takes over the sears job and activates the on/off pin.

Tao
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Whats a Devilmag?

http://www.devilsden.tv

marpat
02-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Whats a Devilmag?

err?

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=160143

i'm sensing (*sp)the sarcasm? no?

Automaggot68
02-15-2006, 05:12 PM
http://www.devilsden.tv

That whoosh you just heard was the joke going right over your head.

mobsterboy
02-15-2006, 05:26 PM
That whoosh you just heard was the joke going right over your head.

Mobsterboy's dictionary read:
Devilmag-(noun) A mag of great bps capability and eye-function built on a hyperframe platform made at Devil's Den. This great and wonderous beast was vastly popularized until a certain someone couldn't uphold his promise, deadlines, work ethics, etc. Now nearly extint, few beasts are still alive and kicking, and while their power is immense, the shear mention of their name brings tears, anguish and pain.

Automaggot68
02-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Mobsterboy's dictionary read:
Devilmag-(noun) A mag of great bps capability and eye-function built on a hyperframe platform made at Devil's Den. This great and wonderous beast was vastly popularized until a certain someone couldn't uphold his promise, deadlines, work ethics, etc. Now nearly extint, few beasts are still alive and kicking, and while their power is immense, the shear mention of their name brings tears, anguish and pain.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Dayspring
02-16-2006, 09:33 AM
No it doesn't. This isn't the Tippmann sytem. Learn how the valve works before telling somebody how you THINK it works.

excess air from the valve helps push the on/off pin out of the valve to reset it to fire.

FinchMan
02-16-2006, 12:02 PM
No it doesn't. This isn't the Tippmann sytem. Learn how the valve works before telling somebody how you THINK it works.

on the rt/x-valves, it does increase the return force on the trigger one the marker has fired.

but your right, it doesn't use any "excess" air to do so.

FooTemps
02-16-2006, 12:38 PM
rt/x-valves: the trigger return is just the result of the changed valve design to allow higher recharge rates.

Dayspring
02-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Correct, a pressure feedback loop is set up that allows rapid filling of the dump chamber without the reg tapering off the recharge. It snaps shut, instead of gradually closing.

Secondly, instead of on the classic valve (in which the on/off only sees regulated air ~450psi) the RT valves will give the on/off unregulated tank output pressure (800psi+).