PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me identify the following on/offs and the brass bolt.

Dragoon
12-14-2001, 03:47 PM
I've picked up the following with various mags I've bought over the years. Can you help me identify the following (I know the two SS bolts are AGD but is the brass). I need to know the names/manufactures so I can then post them up for sale. Any help would be appreciated.

Thankshttp://www.riversidewoodworks.com/files/Mag_extras___bolts__on_offs.gif

Argggg...
I can't see the pic, just an X in a box. Can any of you see it?

All fixed now, thanks Potatoboy.

So anyone know what brandnames these products are?

rightsidefight
12-14-2001, 03:57 PM
pic doesnt work but if i see any on/offs i like i might buy one

Potatoboy
12-14-2001, 04:00 PM
try typing this in instead of what you have:

http://www.riversidewoodworks.com/files/Mag_extras___bolts__on_offs.gif

Dragoon
12-14-2001, 04:01 PM
Bingo Potatoboy!

Thanks for the help.

Douglas.

rightsidefight
12-14-2001, 04:06 PM
just to let you know those are rear velocity adjusters not on/offs

Dragoon
12-14-2001, 04:10 PM
It's the on/off tops that I need identified the most.

MAGS own YOU
12-14-2001, 05:40 PM
the center on-off peice is an ANS Extreme Flow Air Valve.

rightsidefight
12-14-2001, 06:04 PM
the brass one i some sort of venturi bolt maybe a phase one or older one

M-a-s-sDriver
12-15-2001, 10:27 AM
The bolt on the left is not brass. It is a stainless steel bolt with a Titanium-nitride coating. The other two bolts are stock AGD foamie and foamieless.
I believe the titanium bolt was put out by the same people who made the Auto-response trigger, or by OTP, and they first came out in '94 I think. The on-off top on the left looks exactly like what used to be put in the OW-Pawlack signiture series Mags.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

Chaos
12-15-2001, 12:43 PM
First off, the center on/off top is NOT an ANS extreme flow valve. I have 2 in my garage, they have a X machined in there for air to flow by, where as that has a single I machined in them for air flow (does that make sense?) That purple on/off top on the right is very interesting, judging by the color I'd say its Diamond Labs, but their on/off top didn't look like that, unless that is an ancient one and they changed designs. The on/off top on the far left I've seen before, I always thought they were the previous on/off top before Level 7, because the one u have I think can only go in one way, where as now the L7's can go in either way.

As stated before, the center bolt is an AGD foamie, the right is an AGD non-foamie, and i'm not sure about the far left. Perhaps a pro-line (they're who made the AR frames), it looks exactly the same construction wise as an ANS phase II bolt, but its got the coating and the center piece on the bolt is slightly different. It almost looks like a small foamie would go there, like on the ANS bolts, but I'm not sure.

MAGS own YOU
12-15-2001, 01:58 PM
My brande new Extreme FLow looks exactly like that..

Chaos
12-16-2001, 08:05 PM
Oh, mine (I've had for about 3 1/2 years or so) has 4 slots for air to flow through, instead of 2..... (if you look from the top, mine looks like an X was cut, where as his looks like an I was cut..)

Dragoon
12-17-2001, 07:17 AM
Chaos,
You can't see it very well in this picture but there are 4 cuts in the middle on/off. Looking down on it from the top it would sort of look like an X. The odd thing about the cuts is that from the side they are U shaped. I would have expected a flat bottom, but these have a radius like the bottom of a U.

So far the 2 Stainless bolts are known(in fact those 2 I knew from the beginning) and the 3rd bolt seems to be a Pro line, any ideas on the on/offs other than what have already been stated?