PDA

View Full Version : Clare's Actual X-mag (X-kitty) / Lets be real

oldsoldier
02-15-2006, 06:52 PM
CLare let me borrow this 2 years ago at IAO, and I had no probs with it. I own the first production X-mag...and, I'll GLADLY take 2k for it. However, it isnt 100% reliable. but, you wont find a lower serial #!!!

Hi JT. Hiding in the shadows....

sean33
02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
dude first production? you mean like the first time they started selling the x-mag?
any pics?....how much different is it?

oldsoldier
02-15-2006, 08:55 PM
It has the dust blue anno. And, yes, several people here can verify the authenticity of it. No, I dont have any pics of it currently. There are a few of me playing at this past years IAO with it though. Pre-spike, that is :)

FlawleZ
02-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Some more pictures of Clare and her X-Mag.

http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/11.jpg
http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/15.jpg
http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/6.jpg
http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/5.jpg

FlawleZ
02-15-2006, 08:57 PM
It has the dust blue anno. And, yes, several people here can verify the authenticity of it. No, I dont have any pics of it currently. There are a few of me playing at this past years IAO with it though. Pre-spike, that is :)

Like this?

http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/12.jpg

REDRT
02-15-2006, 09:00 PM
Well not to clutter up someones for sale thread. This marker is for sale, but the price is threw the roof. :wow: "It is Clare's Xmag and she is celebrity", some might say. Celebrity where? Here? I'd bet maybe half of Ao might know who she is and that might only be because they used the search option to find out why so much for the marker. When you talk about celebrities one might think of a singer or an actor. The only mag toting celebrity I can think of is Shatner. I know most people know who he is. If his mag went on the auction block 2k might be a bargin indeed. He is a real celeberty. Celebrities things normally go for big money. You know a few moons ago for example there was a few of AGD Pride markers for sale. They were cheap! Well under even the every day norm. Wouldn't they be celebrities? Just as much as Clare anyway? Honestly the Pride guns sold for a realistic value. Too bad more people couldn't try to be more realistic. Just a thought from a realistic guy that knows full well the actual 2k I will have in my Emag isn't worth 600 bucks on the open market.

Muzikman
02-15-2006, 09:03 PM
In the paintball world Clare is a pretty big name.

punkncat
02-15-2006, 09:05 PM
I would put on your fire suit...its gonna get interesting.

I tend to agree, but could also see where someone, somewhere might be interested in paying that much to own it. Considering that its his marker, I suppose he has the right to ask what he feels it worth to part with it.

More power to him.

Muzikman
02-15-2006, 09:09 PM

Bill, again, if you EVER decide to sell please please please let me know.

DiRTyBuNNy
02-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I guess I've mellowed in my old age because this would be the type of thread to get me banned for at least 3 days...but now...I could care less...so...anybody else ready for the new paintball season to get started?

-dB

Albinonewt
02-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Hey, it's an investment. Who knows what happens in paintball in the next decade. Maybe speedball become an "X" game and Clare become the Tony Hawk of the sport. Then the $2,000 investment you made in 2006 doesn't seem so stupid.

Stranger things have happened.

Muzikman
02-15-2006, 09:10 PM
Some more pictures of Clare and her X-Mag.

http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/11.jpg
http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/15.jpg
http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/6.jpg
http://www.podmonkeys.com/images/AGD/5.jpg

Hmm, pics are not working...though I do know one of them was stolen from me. :)

MarkM
02-15-2006, 09:13 PM
I have merged the threads as best I can given the posting times of some of the replies, so sorry if the replies seem a little out of context...please keep the comments to this thread and not in the for sale thread AND try and keep it civil or else this thread gets locked, some heavy editting of the For Sale thread has already had to be done.

oldsoldier
02-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Jason, should I ever decide to, you (and possibly webby, but, well, havent heard from him in over a year now) are the only one I'd sell it to. Mainly cuz I know you have a thing for the oddities, one-offs, and originals within the sport. And, somewhat, cuz of your sexy long hair.

Clare
02-15-2006, 09:31 PM
Holy crap! I didn't know all this was going on over my ex-Xmag. Anyway, I have nothing to do with the selling of it. That's all Havoc_online's doing and don't quite agree with the reason he's selling it but I suppose that's really none of anyone's business.

By the way, I've been offered up to $4500 in the past for this gun but wasn't able to sell it since I was still AGD's spokesmodel at the time. Not sure why people were so interested in paying that much for a used gun, but just bringing it up since a few people think that 2 grand is just absolutely preposterous.

SCpoloRicker
02-15-2006, 09:32 PM
I have merged the threads as best I can given the posting times of some of the replies, so sorry if the replies seem a little out of context...please keep the comments to this thread and not in the for sale thread AND try and keep it civil or else this thread gets locked, some heavy editting of the For Sale thread has already had to be done.

Well played. :)

oldsoldier
02-15-2006, 09:33 PM
CLARE!!! ON a diff note...you coming to NPPL Boston this year? The m*******s would like to see you again :)

Clare
02-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Definitely! I should be at all the NPPL's. :)

Pyroboy597
02-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I was beginning to think Clare did not even exist! :P

Clare
02-15-2006, 09:41 PM
Just read all the posts. Wow, such drama over a gun. Relax, people.

slade
02-15-2006, 09:47 PM
wait... bill, do you have two xmags? ive only seen your gold one. or did you get it ano'd?

maybe you should sell it, since you never even bring it to the field :p

/clare is a celebrity to me
//then again, i know who shatner is because of shatnerball, not the other way around.
///paris who?

oldsoldier
02-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Never had a gold one. Only blue. No clue where you got gold from...

FlawleZ
02-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Hmm, pics are not working...though I do know one of them was stolen from me. :)

I have no idea why they don't work now. They did before they were moved. I didn't steal them from anywhere but another forum which they didn't own them anyway.

Miscue
02-15-2006, 09:52 PM

I think there's something to be learned here... Just think of how much you could sell some of your old sweaty jersies for... to heck with calendars!

SCpoloRicker
02-15-2006, 09:55 PM
I think there's something to be learned here... Just think of how much you could sell some of your old sweaty jersies for... to heck with calendars!

Pre-order in black?

/just kidding
//hey Brian!

Pyroboy597
02-15-2006, 09:57 PM

If that was in response to my post, I was just messing around :clap:

GT
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
only xmag that will be worth more than any other x is shatner's. It used to be here in houston with a local AO'er, not sure who owns it now.

slade
02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Never had a gold one. Only blue. No clue where you got gold from...
hmm, well at any rate i havent seen your x for a long time. did anyone in massachusetts or who went to AONE have a gold xmag? that could be what im thinking of.

RapidTransit
02-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Wern't there like 2 or 3 Gold Plated X-Mags? 1 Was at PTP? If there is one in MA. I want to buy it. :dance: :rofl:

REDRT
02-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Well this is dinked up. Now I can't make heads or tails out of the thread I named and started. I've been moderated :eek:

hardr0ck68
02-16-2006, 02:13 AM

I would like to start the bidding at $150.00, so long as it is truly Clare sweat and not some knock-off sweat!

/dreaming of sweaty Clare jersie
//first time using /'s
///just kidding with the sweat loving stuff!

MarkM
02-16-2006, 07:10 AM
I have no idea why they don't work now. They did before they were moved. I didn't steal them from anywhere but another forum which they didn't own them anyway.
They weren't working before I moved them either ;) but I moved the post over hoping that the pics would become viewable when wherever they are linked from had fixed their bandwidth limits, the number of views in the orginal thread was pretty high in a very short period of time so that is probably the cause.

AutomagRT1483
02-16-2006, 10:22 AM
only xmag that will be worth more than any other x is shatner's. It used to be here in houston with a local AO'er, not sure who owns it now.

Which one are you refering to? There is one from the first shatner ball in Northern Ill. The blue X from Shatnerball 1.

MicroMiniMe
02-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Which one are you refering to? There is one from the first shatner ball in Northern Ill. The blue X from Shatnerball 1.
The famous/infamous X-Mag Kaiser Bob picked up/had.

AutomagRT1483
02-16-2006, 10:28 AM
Oh god, I remember that now. I was biding on that one against him for a while.

REDRT
02-16-2006, 11:57 AM
Just thinking. I don't see the point of paying a kings ransom for an Xmag that "Clair" used. There isn't anything overy special over any other Xmag is there? So a small amount of her fame to double or triple the value it seems. It seems dumb to me why one might consider spending the coin. Maybe if the money was going to a good cause, a charity or something I could see it. I think however exploitation of another persons fame is in bad taste when it serves greed. After all greed is one of the seven deadly sins. Happens everyday and everywhere. Money is an unfortunate necessary evil, but I believe the world would be a better place if exploitation for cash were toned down a notch or two.

wimag
02-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Just thinking. I don't see the point of paying a kings ransom for an Xmag that "Clair" used. There isn't anything overy special over any other Xmag is there? So a small amount of her fame to double or triple the value it seems. It seems dumb to me why one might consider spending the coin. Maybe if the money was going to a good cause, a charity or something I could see it. I think however exploitation of another persons fame is in bad taste when it serves greed. After all greed is one of the seven deadly sins. Happens everyday and everywhere. Money is an unfortunate necessary evil, but I believe the world would be a better place if exploitation for cash were toned down a notch or two.

Damn! so then i guess the Tom Kaye custom MAG MANIAC jersey i have that he wore and got from Farside is of no value :)

meh. if people wanna drop two grand on a marker so be it. makes more sense than buying a piece of toast with an impression of the virgin Mary

hitech
02-16-2006, 01:31 PM

And, um..., yeah... Sorry Clare... :wow:

:cheers:

magman007
02-16-2006, 01:41 PM
in all honesty, i think the x kitty should be donated to Heather(frymarker). She has been clares supporter from the very beginning, and i truely do believe that she diserves it, but thats me. When the x kitty worked, it worked wonderfully, but, it is an xmag, and they do not work consistently after years of heavy use, bill(oldsoldiers) is crapping out, brian terry's sfl bit the dust... etc etc.

hitech
02-16-2006, 01:49 PM
it is an xmag, and they do not work consistently after years of heavy use, bill(oldsoldiers) is crapping out, brian terry's sfl bit the dust... etc etc.

Odd, my very old eMag still works fine...

Muzikman
02-16-2006, 01:53 PM

I wasn't blaming you. I just remember Clare photos being linked from that site and someone took one of my photos and pulled the watermark off of it.

Muzikman
02-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Bill's X Mag never worked right. As a matter of fact, I don't think any of the first run X's did. Same would go for the SFL's. The later X's seemed to work better.

magman007
02-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Bill's X Mag never worked right. As a matter of fact, I don't think any of the first run X's did. Same would go for the SFL's. The later X's seemed to work better.

well thats good :) my sfl never gave me issues... and i havnt heard any from ed, but then again, when was the last time any one really heard from ed.

also, if you recall, there were some issues with the latter xmags as well. Try to think of the dirty bunny issues :)

im not saying they are flawed, but my personal theory is that the xmags will wear out much faster than even a regular ULE bodied e-mag.

GT
02-16-2006, 02:45 PM

If I remember it is a black one that is singed in some kind of white paint. He bought it through a charity auction.

FlawleZ
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I wasn't blaming you. I just remember Clare photos being linked from that site and someone took one of my photos and pulled the watermark off of it.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. I assure you it wasn't me. I only posted them for the sake of others who were mostly complaining that they couldn't see the gun very well in the pictures that were posted previously.

Mango
02-16-2006, 04:21 PM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/metallicblue.gif http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/eek5.gif

11 Bravo
02-16-2006, 04:36 PM
well thats good :) my sfl never gave me issues... and i havnt heard any from ed, but then again, when was the last time any one really heard from ed.

also, if you recall, there were some issues with the latter xmags as well. Try to think of the dirty bunny issues :)

im not saying they are flawed, but my personal theory is that the xmags will wear out much faster than even a regular ULE bodied e-mag.

So what is it that wears out? The noids and sears are expected to wear out arent they? That takes place in any gun and isnt too hard to fix.

oldsoldier
02-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Last IAO, mine randomly worked, then didnt. And sometimes it would continue firing, even when I wasnt on the trigger (or holding the gun, as some may remember). Its always been finicky, at best. Even after being worked over by the AGD techs (thanks Kayle). But, again, it is the FIRST one out there. So, it has that going for it. But, its now retired. So, meh.

/I still pwn j00
//even though I dont shoot mags, I still met alot of good people here
///timmies work better anyway

slade
02-16-2006, 08:21 PM
/I still pwn j00
then why are you ditching your timmy for an ego? :p

oldsoldier
02-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Not ditched. Selling the Z, keeping the Alias. Ego is a new gun, I'm testing the waters.

slade
02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Not ditched. Selling the Z, keeping the Alias. Ego is a new gun, I'm testing the waters.
ahh, i thought you were selling the alias. thats better then.

oh, and i just remembered... brent from MA had the gold xmag.

FlawleZ
02-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Last IAO, mine randomly worked, then didnt. And sometimes it would continue firing, even when I wasnt on the trigger (or holding the gun, as some may remember). Its always been finicky, at best. Even after being worked over by the AGD techs (thanks Kayle). But, again, it is the FIRST one out there. So, it has that going for it. But, its now retired. So, meh.

/I still pwn j00

Spyders have always been dubbed as very reliable markers.

slade
02-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Spyders have always been dubbed as very reliable markers.
1) no, spyders never were very reliable
2) spyders arent timmies
3) ill take the timmy
4) no... no they still arent the same thing.

FlawleZ
02-16-2006, 09:53 PM
1) no, spyders never were very reliable
2) spyders arent timmies
3) ill take the timmy
4) no... no they still arent the same thing.

1) Spyders had a very simple design and probably outsold any other gun (except for maybe Tippmann and that would have been within the last few years). Spyders were always reliable (to a knowledgeable person), why do you think they sold so well?
2) You're right. They aren't the same gun. They have the same mechanical operation with a differet board, noid, body, lpr and valve. They're way different. :confused:
3) Take all the timmy you want. I'll stick with my mags.
4) Point already established.
5) I apologize for the responses being off subject. ;)

SCpoloRicker
02-17-2006, 12:28 AM
1) extranaeous speaking
2) ???
3) profit!1!

Rudz
02-17-2006, 12:42 AM
whats this thread about again?

bentothejam1n
02-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by FlawleZ
Spyders were always reliable (to a knowledgeable person), why do you think they sold so well?

All my friends spyders (ranging from a sonix to an electra even to a hammer) have to replace their bolts yearly and have had leaking problems. And its not like they throw them in the closet after each time they play, they actually clean them. They sold so well because if you look at walmart or ebay for a cheap paintball gun, all you see is spyders. And their some of their models are barely different from each other. Im not questioning the spyders success just their reliability

bleachit
02-17-2006, 01:02 AM
Ive owned several spyders, and folks Ive played with have had a ton of them.. if you care for em and oil them before playing they are very reliable... but the bolts do seem to wear a lot.

REDRT
02-17-2006, 01:03 AM
whats this thread about again?

It has gone so far off track from the begining it isn't worth a penny. Wish I could delete it, but I got bumped from the 1st chair spot when Mark combined the threads. Not his fault, but it really bombed from the get go. :(

BigEvil
02-17-2006, 01:21 PM
So did anyone buy clares old gun or what?

mobsterboy
02-17-2006, 06:20 PM
The only mag toting celebrity I can think of is Shatner.

Speak for yourself. To me, Tom Kaye IS King :headbang:

RapidTransit
02-17-2006, 07:03 PM
So did anyone buy clares old gun or what?
I would buy it but lack of funds from buying other stuff. X-Kitty + Cash for a 70 Challenger? :rofl: :dance:

Albinonewt
02-17-2006, 09:16 PM
How much for the challenger? Amd in what shape?

RapidTransit
02-18-2006, 07:49 AM
How much for the challenger? Amd in what shape?
The things nearly perfect, just got back from a freshining up at Aloha Auto they turned a $3K paint job into one that costed alot more, detailed the rearend and fixed the tranny. All orig sheetmetal auto on the column, plum crazy purple, 340 A66 Packaged. Was looking for around 40-50K because of it's originality, low miles, rarity, and correctness. I got more E-Body's though, 6 in fact :rofl: :cheers:

Rudz
02-18-2006, 09:03 AM
hmm i think we deserve piks of this beautiful car....

Havoc_online
03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
I reposted w/ a bit more info and some pics. I seems to be firing fine. I'll try and get some vid of it if I can get my hands on some hardware that'll do it.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2116633#post2116633