PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Job

beachboy016
12-14-2001, 05:29 PM
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knows anyone that does an excellent trigger job on an automag. The frame it would be done on would be an intelliframe with a retro valve. I also wanted to know if you guys think a trigger job will drastically change the trigger, or if it is a waste of money.
Thanks,
Jeff

MAGS own YOU
12-14-2001, 05:32 PM
Trigger job not possible. The more pulls, the lighter the trigger. Or you could always go electro or retro. A trigger job would hinder your performance.

Drizit
12-14-2001, 07:02 PM
correction a trigger job is possible. however about the only one I would recommend to anyone is that if you have a large gap between the back of your trigger and the front of the trigger rod that you turn the rod out a bit until there is just a paper's with gap between the two when the gun is gassed up. if you go too far then your gun will short stroke almost all the time, so make sure there is still some gap. any thing else like bolt and sear grinding that you may see is probably a bad idea, unless you really know what you are doing and you don't mind shortening the life span of your parts. if you want a lighter pull then a z-valve will help a bit, as will the reactor valve, but don't expect a merical.

Butterfingers
12-14-2001, 09:55 PM
Yeah its an old school motto here... Modding the trigger is a cardinal sin for automags... Feels great now, chops paint, leaks air, and wears parts later. Then RobAGD will have to fix youre gun and he will be an unhappy fellow... There is a reason the trigger rod is set at the factory.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-14-2001, 11:21 PM
DON'T TOUCH THE TRIGGER ROD. automags are designed to break after you mess with the length. tom kaye made them purposely to break after adjusting the length. so don't do it.