PDA

View Full Version : AO with proto...need help!

Fanatic
02-17-2006, 02:36 PM
in a bit of a bind
always wanted a proto matrix
getting one soon
out of these two i found....what is the best one both same price

1. a black proto matrix 5 with

-check it unimount
-new selinoid installed 11/27/05
-hybrid grips
-New eyes installed 11/27/05
-advantage pb Virtue board
-ccm no pro feedneck
-ghetto tapemod
-530 mod
-stock barrel

2. i got a black / blue pm5 with dye asa
ccm low rise
stock board with top hat mod
hyper 2 reg
pm6 barell
and hybrid rail.

help me make a decision please!!

Lohman446
02-17-2006, 02:40 PM
in a bit of a bind
always wanted a proto matrix
getting one soon
out of these two i found....what is the best one both same price

1. a black proto matrix 5 with

-check it unimount
-new selinoid installed 11/27/05
-hybrid grips
-New eyes installed 11/27/05
-advantage pb Virtue board
-ccm no pro feedneck
-ghetto tapemod
-530 mod
-stock barrel

2. i got a black / blue pm5 with dye asa
ccm low rise
stock board with top hat mod
hyper 2 reg
pm6 barell
and hybrid rail.

help me make a decision please!!

At first glance the top one, on further considering it I'm concerned with why he had to replace eyes and a solenoid, and would feel more comfortable with the bottom one. Unless you want modes of fire then you need to look at the value of the virtue board. I would likely (perhaps without good reason) stay away from the top one just because that seems like abnormal need for repairs to me.

notcreative
02-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Really the only difference is the boards. If you don't need the modes then the stock board will work great for your needs. Also that has been an excessive amount of repair for a gun less then two years old. I would instantly question the abilty of the previos owner's ability to maintain the marker. Just my two cents take them for what they are; I suppose.

magman007
02-17-2006, 03:46 PM
id agree with lohman, but there is one thing that catches my eye. the solenoid replacement was 100% un necessary. The dm noid is quite hard to actually destroy. The eyes, i understand. the ribbon eye style is not the best style, and they do break if you are not super careful. Id go for the first one, unless it looks really beat up. The 530 and tapemod already done, and the virtue board, thats a good shootin proto.

Pyroboy597
02-17-2006, 03:54 PM
I would not get the first one simply because he felt the need to replace parts that are known for their toughness. Who knows what other things could be wrong with the gun if he had to replace the noid.

Fanatic
02-17-2006, 07:12 PM
proto 1 tells me he changed it just for maintenance.
and if true...he does have those goodies

Lohman446
02-17-2006, 09:02 PM
proto 1 tells me he changed it just for maintenance.
and if true...he does have those goodies

I don't buy the reasoning. The solenoids almost *never* fail, it would seem to me he would have spent the money on a different upgrade (orange bolt for instance)