PDA

View Full Version : ULT Pin Question

Walrus
02-17-2006, 11:19 PM
I was putting my extra ULT in my classic Micromag valve last night and something happened where I now have a question. The small "pin" that is in the bottom of the ULT, which way is it suppose to be in? There is a small hole on the top and bottom, but one is slightly larger than the other and will allow the main pin to fit inside of it. Is that suppose to be up or down and is this small pin suppose to come out so easily? Thanks for any help!

FinchMan
02-18-2006, 05:02 AM
the small part is supposed to go up into the valve. (im pretty sure)

with the ULT in classic valve, it may need to have a bunch of shims in it.

Dayspring
02-18-2006, 02:43 PM
It only goes one way. The ULT pin should fit inside it. The best way to keep the pin in is to use a few drops of loctite.

Alpha
02-18-2006, 02:45 PM
He meant the pin in the on/off, not the on/off in the gun... ULT wont even fit in a classic (unless you drill it)

Walrus
02-18-2006, 04:19 PM
He meant the pin in the on/off, not the on/off in the gun... ULT wont even fit in a classic (unless you drill it)

Sorry Alpha, but it does fit in a Classic valve. I have actually used the ULT I have in two different classic valves. The ULT will not fit in an RT valve where it is stepped inside the hole for the on/off.

I am referring to the two piece on/off pin inside the on/off. There is the small piece in the bottom of the on/off, which touches the main pin in the on/off. On this small pin there is a hole on the top and the bottom. One of these holes is slightly bigger than the other and the small diameter end of the on/off pin fits inside of this hole, but not the other hole. It could be that there was loctite on it to keep it together, but I am not sure how this is suppose to fit. Also, is loctite the way to keep these pieces of the pin together?

Here is a makeshift drawing to show the piece I am referring to.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5192/ult1jz.jpg

Dayspring
02-18-2006, 08:00 PM
This only goes one way-

The ULT pin itself will fit INSIDE that tube. And yes, loctite is the way to keep them together. A drop or two on the top, push the pin in and the excess comes out the bottom hole. (Which is why tom designed it that way.)

Walrus
02-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the help Dayspring. I figured it had to fit down inside that small piece, but I just wanted to make sure. Also, is it bad if the two pin pieces are not loctited together (both are free from each other)? I just want to make sure I get it back together correctly so it will work properly. Thanks again.

Walrus

Dayspring
02-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Not required to loctite them, but you run the risk of losing that support piece.