PDA

View Full Version : almost 12 years later I gone and done it.

REDRT
02-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Almost 12 years ago I played paintball for the first time. Since that time I really wanted a Minimag, but when I was ready the RT was hot and I bought that instead. Well earlier today I walked in to the shop to see a splash anodized Minimag. It has a pf left body, single trigger frame with nice wood finger grooved grips, ANS phase II everything with a monster color matched phase II expansion chamber. The old Aluminum all american and a drop didn't match anything. Brought it home and flung the drop and barrel. I'd like a polished body, but until I get time I put on an extra nickel ULE I have. Rounded that off with a matching barrel. Slapped a Flatline under the grip and steped back. She went from homely to a beauty in no time flat. Have to get a few fittings tomorrow and it will fly for now. The kids in the store must have thought I was nuts. A 30+ year old guy just flipping out over this old marker running around pretend snap shoooting and bunkering. I must say I was a happy camper! I know with out pics this post is useless. Everything is down. I can't even take a picture let alone post it. The anno is a mint green with royal blue blotches and purple lines. You'll just have to imagin it for now.

behemoth
02-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Almost 12 years ago I played paintball for the first time. Since that time I really wanted a Minimag, but when I was ready the RT was hot and I bought that instead. Well earlier today I walked in to the shop to see a splash anodized Minimag. It has a pf left body, single trigger frame with nice wood finger grooved grips, ANS phase II everything with a monster color matched phase II expansion chamber. The old Aluminum all american and a drop didn't match anything. Brought it home and flung the drop and barrel. I'd like a polished body, but until I get time I put on an extra nickel ULE I have. Rounded that off with a matching barrel. Slapped a Flatline under the grip and steped back. She went from homely to a beauty in no time flat. Have to get a few fittings tomorrow and it will fly for now. The kids in the store must have thought I was nuts. A 30+ year old guy just flipping out over this old marker running around pretend snap shoooting and bunkering. I must say I was a happy camper! I know with out pic this post is useless. Everything is down. I can't even take a picture let along post it. The anno is a mint green with royal blue blotches and purple lines. You'll just have to imagin it for now.

congratulations.

REDRT
02-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Thank you. I normally play with the Emag tournament wise. The Rt doesn't see the action it once did and now this one. I guess I'll have to play some rec ball/senerio games for some fun with the new toy and the Rt.

wanna-b-ballin'
02-19-2006, 01:12 AM
we want before and after pics.

REDRT
02-19-2006, 01:16 AM
we want before and after pics.

I'll work on it.

Mescalito
02-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I still remeber the first time i ever saw a minimag in real life. i was just a 14 year old having my trracer pump gun looked at and a teenager walked in with one... it was love at first sight. Too bad i never bought one untill i was 25... But i know exactly how you feel man... Kinda like the drive home after your first date with a beautiful woman

cioeboy
02-19-2006, 02:51 PM
i know how you feel man

i bought my minimag a year ago. it was ugly and beat up but i loved it. people thought i was stupid for buying an old gun that had been sitting in the field's back room for years. when i brought it back to play nobody recognized it and it out performed most of the guns on the field that day.

REDRT
02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Well I droped in the new reg piston assm, updated on/off assm and reg seat. And she is alive. Might need a change in power tube spacer, but I'm not going to dink with that. I'll get another Lvl10. She is a reactive one. Almost as good as the rt. Suprising to me. I never fired one before and never thought the reactivity would be all that. Should be a fun one to tag the kiddies with.

Beemer
02-19-2006, 08:33 PM
I know with out pics this post is useless.

You said it. :cry:

I'll work on it.

My Butt youre slacking. :nono:

She is a reactive one

At what pressure?

http://home.comcast.net/~beemer2/respect.gif

REDRT
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM
You said it. :cry:

My Butt youre slacking. :nono:

At what pressure?

http://home.comcast.net/~beemer2/respect.gif

Camera is down. The reg one, I don't have digital. The power cord went south for the lexmark all in one so I can't give any pics until something gets fixed.

850/900 psi according to the flatline guage.

Beemer
02-19-2006, 09:02 PM
The power cord went south for the lexmark all in one so I can't give any pics until something gets fixed.

Well go south and get it back, :spit_take or fix Something so We can see Pics :headbang:

wanna-b-ballin'
02-19-2006, 10:29 PM
reactive with a classic valve?

REDRT
02-19-2006, 11:07 PM
Well go south and get it back, :spit_take or fix Something so We can see Pics :headbang:

:rolleyes: I'll hop right on that. Till then I'll slip in my Copy of "Goin South" for motivation.

REDRT
02-19-2006, 11:14 PM
reactive with a classic valve?

Thats what I'd call it. It is a little michine gun, with some short stroking on rapid bursts. I'll get that cured before too long. The thing is a tool. Very pleased thus far. :bounce: