PDA

View Full Version : Mini Mag Question

pilot
02-19-2006, 01:39 AM
I am new to the sport and have alot of questions. The first is about mini mags. Are they accurate? I am wondering about the short barrel. Are the mini mags as accurate as say the classic automag? Any information about the minis would help I am looking at one now for $145.00. The one I am looking at has a 8 hole modification. Is this a good thing or not?
Thanks,
Pilot

Sumthinwicked
02-19-2006, 03:38 AM
I am new to the sport and have alot of questions. The first is about mini mags. Are they accurate? I am wondering about the short barrel. Are the mini mags as accurate as say the classic automag? Any information about the minis would help I am looking at one now for $145.00. The one I am looking at has a 8 hole modification. Is this a good thing or not?
Thanks,
Pilot
they're the same the mini i think is a hair bigger body wise than the reg classic
but if you do get a mag get the 8 hole valve conversion helps when you fire fast :P recharges faster hopefully i helped :shooting:

stoupa
02-19-2006, 04:14 AM
they're the same the mini i think is a hair bigger body wise than the reg classic
but if you do get a mag get the 8 hole valve conversion helps when you fire fast :P recharges faster hopefully i helped :shooting:

The 8 hole mod doesn't help anything. Please stop spreading this old myth.

FARMER00
02-19-2006, 11:47 AM
yeah wats the deal how come minis are really accurate with an only 8'' barrel my other gun has horrible accuracy with a 10''. Ive heard that all guns have the same accuracy if they have the same barrel and paint.

psychowarden
02-19-2006, 01:28 PM
They are suprisingly accurate witht he short barrel, although a bit loud because it doesnt have any porting. I would still reccomend getting a new barrel, alot of people are usually selling Mag barrels for cheap on the BST forums on all of the forums that I know of. The Mini isnt crazy fast, but I can get about 5bps or so, and thats plenty for me. Mine is crazy heavy though, because Im using a SS barrel and a warp, but nonetheless, a great gun to play with, and fun to shoot.