PDA

View Full Version : Those Darn Vents

Mr.Danger
02-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Who else here is waiting for the vents goggles release ? I've got my heart set on a pair of
E-vents, but they just won't let me buy them. They were supposed to be released in January, but they moved the release back. Then it was February 10th but there was another delay. They finally get them in last week, but they had the wrong foam in them so the entire run had to be sent back. Jeez. There is currently no speculation from NPS as to when they will actually ship. Oh well, anyone else ?

Barjack420
02-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Mine have been on backorder at actionvillage since mid-december 2005.

I cancelled the order, just dont feel like waiting anymore. When the actual release date coincides with availability, I might buy a set.

A-Tach-One
02-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Yep, ordered my Red Empire vents a few months back. I would love to have them now but I have grown accustom to waiting for paintball related things. Are the regular vents out yet or are we waiting on both vents and E-Vents?

luke
02-20-2006, 03:57 PM
but I have grown accustom to waiting for paintball related things

awe man, that kinda hurts my feelings... :D

A-Tach-One
02-20-2006, 04:00 PM
awe man, that kinda hurts my feelings... :D
Lol, Luke you know that doesn't include you, I didn't say all paintball related things. :cheers: Ok, that statement was too general I guess, didn't mean for that. ;)

Mr.Danger
02-20-2006, 06:41 PM
I wish the other three vents styles were already out. I probably would have bought an avatar by now. Sadly, though, none are out as of yet. Hopefully they will actually be put together right and released when NPS receives them for the second time.

luke
02-20-2006, 06:52 PM
Lol, Luke you know that doesn't include you, I didn't say all paintball related things. :cheers: Ok, that statement was too general I guess, didn't mean for that. ;)

LOL, it's all good. :D

tyrion2323
02-20-2006, 10:41 PM
I have grown accustom to waiting for paintball related things.

It's true - paintball, for the most past, is a highly unprofessional sport on all levels - from fields to pro players to manufacturers. It seems like a lot of promises are made, and relatively few are ever realized.

That is not meant to single out anyone, especially not our vendors here. Just an agreement.

BD_Paintball
02-21-2006, 12:24 AM
i cant wait for the e-vents to come in stock. the white ones look hott

UTDragun
02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
im waiting on both the events and the s4 halo kit

68magOwner
02-21-2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah, i was disappointed to hear about the foam issue. I really want to pick up a pair of e-vents. I love my flex 7, but, event series are suppossed to be really cracking down on modifies masks this season, and my softears, as well as the jawline of the mask have been trimmed for looks/weight loss. I cant really think of anyting other than the e-vents that i would want to wear without SOME kind of modification.

I want the WAS halo board to release as well

manike
02-21-2006, 06:48 PM
im waiting on both the events and the s4 halo kit

S4 kits are out as an Odyssey product. They come with a spring housing, stock spring, and high tension spring, spare screw and spare e-clip. They are out and on sale. Get your rep to call and ask for them.

E-Vents were supposed to be released in February. And still will be. :dance: We hoped to release them on the 10th but found an issue. We are fixing that issue right now and hoping to get them out ASAP. :headbang:

operaterxrayter
02-21-2006, 06:56 PM
i just use a football helmet and some ski goggles...it works fine for what im doing.

bentothejam1n
02-21-2006, 08:17 PM
i just use a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=football%20helmet" onmouseover="window.status='football helmet'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">football helmet</a> and some ski goggles...it works fine for what im doing
thats probably not the best idea after seeing peoples' faces after the get shout. Sure they did it in the 90's but theres a reason why they have them now
/not a flame

BD_Paintball
02-21-2006, 08:21 PM
i just use a football helmet and some ski goggles...it works fine for what im doing.
hope thats a joke. if its not wow just wow

electriceel125
02-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Im glad i went ahead and got my profilers.

phantomhitman
02-22-2006, 09:51 AM
wow, the events havent been release yet?! I guess I have not missed much in the 4 month absence of paintball, except mr lang going olliewood™ with dye

™ represents my rights for making up this label for mr ollie lang, if anyone wishes to use it email me for the paypal address.

kenndogg
02-22-2006, 09:55 AM
I talked to the guys at the empire tent during the TX Open and was told they will be released on/by March 1st. They said something about them having issues with the either the foam or rubber, can't recall which.

SlartyBartFast
02-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I talked to the guys at the empire tent during the TX Open and was told they will be released on/by March 1st. They said something about them having issues with the either the foam or rubber, can't recall which.

Guess some people just don't know who manike is. :p

kenndogg
02-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Guess some people just don't know who manike is. :p

I know who he is as a matter of fact, I could've sworn I seen him running around during the event. :rolleyes:

UTDragun
02-22-2006, 12:49 PM
S4 kits are out as an Odyssey product. They come with a spring housing, stock spring, and high tension spring, spare screw and spare e-clip. They are out and on sale. Get your rep to call and ask for them.we're talking about the same one warpig reviewed correct? If so, my rep must be an asshat because he told me they are not released yet and didnt even have a date.

manike
02-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Warpig did review one of the prototypes. The production is clear red with extra stuff. It's not 'Empire' It's going to be directly Odyssey. It's the S4 Odyssey drive cone kit IIRC.

Kenndogg, I occasionally broke into a brief trot. :D Stop me and say hello next time please. :cheers:

kenndogg
02-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Kenndogg, I occasionally broke into a brief trot. :D Stop me and say hello next time please. :cheers:

yeah everytime I saw you, you were either in conversation with someone or trying to get somewhere.

Jeffy-CanCon
02-22-2006, 03:53 PM
yeah everytime I saw you, you were either in conversation with someone or trying to get somewhere.

That's our Simon, all right. :)

Offer him a Labatt's Blue. He'll stop for that.

Rudz
02-22-2006, 03:55 PM
the white e vents are so hot..im so gonna get s pair..thanks maike they are beautiful..

Chaos_Theory!
02-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Here is our official I guess you would say press release, not very happy!!

"From when we first released a pre-production series of goggles at World Cup and Miami NPPL we realized that the foam and glue on the first run of goggles was not to the quality levels that we wanted it to be.

Along with some small issues to finalize the product (the clips that hold the soft ear pieces to the strap clip) and tool finishing as we moved towards full production it was important for us to get the foam and glue correct.

With the ramping up of production corresponding with the Chinese New year unfortunately to save time our manufacturer decided to use the old foam again (without telling us) instead of waiting for the foam factory to re-open and supply them with foam that meets our expectations and quality.

The first batch of mass produced goggles, 500 in total, arrived at our facility, and still had the wrong foam and glue. We at National Paintball Supply believe in ensuring the quality of this product sets new standards in design, style, functionality and quality, and thus we will not release the goggles until they reach the standards we are happy with and that our customers deserve.

Currently we are waiting for Chinese New Year (that goes on for several weeks) to be over so that we can find out when the foam will be available for our production needs. We should be able to give a further update on the release of goggles for sale in a week's time. We appreciate that many people are eagerly awaiting their new goggles and we are endeavoring to release them as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and wish they were available just as much as our customers do."

manike
02-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Here is our official I guess you would say press release, not very happy!!

:rolleyes: That press release was weeks ago. I should know, I wrote it. :D

Goggles started shipping out today. We don't have all styles and all colours yet, but we definitely started shipping out goggles today. :dance:

At the beginning while we ramp up production numbers may still be limited and hard to get hold of (demand has been phenomenal), but the steamroller has just started moving... :cheers:

Chaos_Theory!
02-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Yeah, i knew it was somewhat old but i posted it up anyway. :)

fullofpaint
02-22-2006, 08:52 PM
e-vent's shipped yet? I'm eagerly anticipating mine :-D

manike
02-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Depends on the colour. I know we don't have all colours in yet, but not sure what we do or don't have.

68magOwner
02-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Good stuff, im super glad to hear that theyre finally shipping out, ill go order my grey one soon.

operaterxrayter
02-24-2006, 02:52 AM
thats probably not the best idea after seeing peoples' faces after the get shout. Sure they did it in the 90's but theres a reason why they have them now
/not a flame
well in my situation its the best idea ever. maybe if you actualy played paint ball everynow and then. you know just the same as real paint ball masks.. probably even better... and it doesnt realy matter when your a sniper and it doesnt realy matter becuase oyu dont get hit... yah thanksman.

Rudz
02-24-2006, 10:22 AM
well in my situation its the best idea ever. maybe if you actualy played paint ball everynow and then. you know just the same as real paint ball masks.. probably even better... and it doesnt realy matter when your a sniper and it doesnt realy matter becuase oyu dont get hit... yah thanksman.
You sir are an idiot..you kno what its like to have a detached retina? I do..it suxxx, I'd do anything to get my vision back in my left eye..and idiots like you want to play pb with a football helmet.....please take yourself back to pbn....seriously....

Skoad
02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Anyone got a reliable pre-order (or if in stock that will do :D ) on the white e-vents? Pbgear doesn't seem to have the white ones listed

Mr.Danger
02-27-2006, 09:09 PM
So, Manike, is there a chance that my rep would be able to order a grey pair of either events or avatars from NPS HQ tomorrow or sometime this week ?

manike
02-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Very unlikely. If you aren't on the pre-order list it is probably going to be a while till you can get them.

bentothejam1n
02-27-2006, 10:07 PM
well in my situation its the best idea ever. maybe if you actualy played paint ball everynow and then. you know just the same as real paint ball masks.. probably even better... and it doesnt realy matter when your a sniper and it doesnt realy matter becuase oyu dont get hit... yah thanksman
Hmm seeing that I go to my friends woods almost every weekend in summer, I could see where you are coming from in...... :wow: . Seeing that you are "teh sniper" you would know that that your head would get pretty hot in a football helmet making you breathing patterns heavier thus a less accurate shot..... And if you never get shot then you probably play with a bunch of inexperienced people.
On a different note, I'm sorry to hear about that. My friend almost got hit in the eye but thank god it hit him in the eyebrow and only left a scar

Lohman446
02-27-2006, 10:19 PM

Wow... I have to agree with Rudz on that one. I have seen a lot of stupid things posted before, but I'm thinking this might be right up there near the top.

Lohman446
02-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Manike, how bad would you guess the list to be. I'm intent on picking up a pair of Avatars at some point when they come out, in the pretty near future. I'm concerned with a section of my profilers that looks iffy (not its not anywhere near the eyes) but don't intend them to last much longer... month, two, more, less? Any ideas you can give us. Thanks