PDA

View Full Version : no brainer question

bea242
12-14-2001, 09:18 PM
I just purchased a used 68Automag Classic w/powerfeed. I love the marker and have had great success with it in the field but I have a few questions.

I am currently running CO2 but plan on going with Compresses air soon (when the wife lets me spend more money). I have acquired a 32deg Expansion chamber but the threads are longer than the vertical adapter accepts. I can get it tight and it doesn’t leak when I tested it at home but the gap worried me. Is this a problem to use it? I can keep using a remote to give the CO2 more time to expand but I like the tank on marker feeling. Also would running Compressed air through the expansion chamber be a problem or performance issue. Suggestions and opinions would be most welcome.

I also have an issue with ball breaks. I have completely stripped mag down and replaced everything. The marker sat for a year so I thought this would be a good idea.

Cha0tic
12-14-2001, 09:22 PM
ok, put some teflon tape around the threads of the expansion chamber. this will assure the seal doesn't leak. it should be fine. with HPA, the expansion chamber won't do anything, but won't really effect the performance of the marker.

with the ball breaks, are you chopping or breaking? if you are chopping, you will have paint up into the powerfeed and all over the bolt. chopping is user-error and just takes time to correct. if you are breaking paint, you will see paint in the barrel, and a little on the bolt. try not to use old paint, and use paint that fits your barrel good.

bea242
12-14-2001, 09:31 PM
I am finding paint down the barrel. I am using a ViewLoader Rev, the paint feeding great. This has happened with a variety of differnt paint from the field and store. It still could be old paint. I haven't touched the trigger length but I remember seing the correct lenght on the AGD site I will check that. I would like to get a new barrel but I don't think this has much to do with it. It did this before and after I replaced the ball dent spring.

Cha0tic
12-14-2001, 10:06 PM
is there any paint in your powerfeed? once again, this would mean chopping.

make sure there are no burrs in the barrel. make sure you are using the p style nubbins, and not the v style. they should be about a matchbook in width. if you want, email me your mailing address and i could send you a new plastic nubbin. that may help.

put a paintball in your barrel. try to blow it out. if it can't budge at all, your paint is probably too big and that can cause breakage.

bea242
12-14-2001, 10:16 PM
we might be on to some thing. No paint in the p/f. but the paint I have right now might be the recent problem. It looks like the paint bulges at the seams. and going in the wrong way it will get stuck.

I am also using the v style, it came with the parts kit. I will put in the p style one I took out. where did you get the plastic ones?

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-14-2001, 11:18 PM
another thing might be the p/f plug. but then the paint would be in the power feed so scracth that. it's probably bad paint to barrel match or the nubbin. you might also want to check to see if it's in backwords. i know it sounds stupid, but i did it when i first started off and i broke so much paint till i realized the nubbin was in backwords. then it just broke and i finally realized the problem. i'm dumb, but check.

bea242
12-16-2001, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the input. I changed the nubbin last night. I am going to try and use it tomorrow if time permits we will see what happens.