PDA

View Full Version : Autococker ASA Screws......

SummaryJudgement
02-20-2006, 04:58 PM
I know this is a mag board BUT,

Ok, my question is regarding the screw that holds the autococker ASA in place. I know they are 1/4inch 12 point sockets. What I don't know are thread types/measurements they have. I need to buy a socket for the right type of screw, or preferably replace the dang things with screws that have a different head (since I don't need to depress a pin valve) like an allen/hex head or somehting else.

Does anybody know what type of screws can replace the ASA 12 point screw with something more common? Like one that will fit, but have an allen/hex head.

Does anybody know the specifics I need or where I can get these screws? I have found a couple of places that are out of stock, and all the others I find are not as clear if they are the right ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated for what type of socket to buy or where to get replacement screws. Direct links to a buyable product are very helpful. I'm busy at work and have exhausted my patience for looking further. I've been using cockers for years and these screws have always been my bain :mad: Thanks!

StygShore
02-20-2006, 05:30 PM
better quation, why do they use 12 point screws for that part?!?!?!?

Styg

SummaryJudgement
02-20-2006, 05:49 PM
better quation, why do they use 12 point screws for that part?!?!?!?

Styg

I know! It's driven me mad since 1997! I have eight cockers and only one of them has a hex bolt head on it. I have been using the valve tool to tighten the others down when I need, but I have a couple angled ASAs that I can't tighten down to my liking.

Help?....

CoolHand
02-20-2006, 06:29 PM
They are 1/4" - 28 threads.

You can find them in allen drive at any decent hardware store in the "fine thread" section.

Hope that helps.

SummaryJudgement
02-20-2006, 06:31 PM
28 threads! That's been the missing data I needed all this time! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

THANKS LUKE! YOU DA MAN!!!

magman007
02-20-2006, 06:39 PM
28 threads! That's been the missing data I needed all this time! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! :D

THANKS LUKE! YOU DA MAN!!!

except.. that isnt luke?

SummaryJudgement
02-20-2006, 07:34 PM
except.. that isnt luke?

:tard: Doh!