PDA

View Full Version : Trigger stops and long term reliability?

lather
02-21-2006, 05:04 AM
I've been using trigger stops on both my mags for a few months now and so far I havent noticed any parts, orings, etc wearing out or failing any more than usual. But I've noticed that AGD doesnt recommend the use of trigger stops due to premature wear and may void any warranties due to the use of trigger stops.

Since I've been using a trigger stop for only a few months has anyone ever experienced any reliability/excessive wear issues on using trigger stops after a long period of time?

luke
02-21-2006, 09:00 AM
It's not that is causes wear on the parts, I'm not sure where people get that idea from.

It's that people don't understand how to properly adjust them. It has to do with the on/off pin having enough room to function properly. The trigger must have a little extra travel in it for the on/off pin to reset properly. By that, I mean after adjusting the trigger there needs to be a small space between the end of the trigger rod and the back of the trigger.

It's inevitable that someone will adjust the stops past the proper specs and cause the marker to not function properly. Two things could happen, they bad mouth AGD for putting out a junk product, or they send the marker in for warranty work.

In the old days Mags had a life time warranty, that was done away with and they went to the 3 star system. Humm I wonder why Tom has always said " LEAVE THE TRIGGER ROD ALONE!"