PDA

View Full Version : action figure collectors

soccer4minimags
02-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Any action figure collectors on here.

Just wondering. A few years back I built up a sizeable collection of the 21st century toys Ultimate Soldier 12" military figures.

I was going through my closet the other day and realized I haven't even looked at them in years. I have no idea what to do with them. I don't think they make them anymore as I have not seen them in stores for a while.

Anybody else on here collect the 12" military figures such as these or the Dragon brand figures.

pbzmag
02-23-2006, 01:12 AM
Haven't collected in awhile but I did get this keeper!

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5329/pict00027dz.jpg

BigEvil
02-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Believe it or not the Star Wars stuff is pretty much worthless unless you have either rare variants, or things that were shipped only one-per-case and are hard to get. Vintage Star Wars items are worth their weight in gold, especially if its still nib. I have an opened SW Obiwan figure(circa 1977-78), opened, but re-sealed on the card, and the card is missing the proof-of-purchase. Someone offered me $200 sight unseen. Insane.

Those 12" figures may be worth hanging on to. It never hurts to check out ebay and compare.

Nowadays it is very difficult to make money with collecting. There is always someone who has the same thing thats willing to sell it cheaper. (Just like paintball gear) If your not collecting to enjoy it then your going to be disapointed.

pbzmag
02-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Take another look at the name and then the figure. Yep, it's an error straight from the factory. Obi-Wan's name in a Qui-Gon package and was the only one I found.

Vex
02-24-2006, 01:29 AM
Take another look at the name and then the figure. Yep, it's an error straight from the factory. Obi-Wan's name in a Qui-Gon package and was the only one I found.
That's a good one. Those goof-ups are actually pretty rare. I've stopped collecting, but I've got a few good Star Wars figures. That was mainly what I was collecting anyway. I think my favorite is Jedi Luke with gray vest instead of a black vest. Not worth much, but maybe one day...

Vex
02-24-2006, 01:32 AM
Any action figure collectors on here.

Just wondering. A few years back I built up a sizeable collection of the 21st century toys Ultimate Soldier 12" military figures.

I was going through my closet the other day and realized I haven't even looked at them in years. I have no idea what to do with them. I don't think they make them anymore as I have not seen them in stores for a while.

Anybody else on here collect the 12" military figures such as these or the Dragon brand figures.
I've got a few of the WWII Ultimate Soldiers and the first 4 of the re-release G.I. Joes (Austrailian ODF; U.S. Army Halo; British SAS; and U.S.M.C. Sniper)

LudavicoSoldier
02-24-2006, 08:02 PM
I used to collect vintage Star Wars figures. Still have them too. May actually put them back on display, though I'm not that anxious to put my inner geek up on display. :D

Halliday
02-27-2006, 04:57 PM
I have an old Stormtrooper I found in a used couch I bought. He's on display on my bookshelf :)

M98Punk
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Well seeing how I am a 22 year old kid I still play with my action figures from time to time, but I do have a Luke Skywalker with black hair and a red light saber still in the box from like 7ish years ago.... I bought it cause it looked bad *** but right before I opened it my friend slapped me and pretty much told me it will prolly be worth alot if I leave it be....

BigEvil
03-13-2006, 08:55 AM
I think my favorite is Jedi Luke with gray vest instead of a black vest. Not worth much, but maybe one day...

Thats actually a pretty good one. Hang on to it. There was a time when collectors were going insane for that, Boba Fett's with half-circles on his hands, and "Theater Edition" Jedi Knight Luke's.

I was on my honeymoon in '98 in Orlando Fl, and stumbled upon a collectors shop. he had 2 of the Theater Edition Lukes. He wanted $200 each for them, with a market value of $100. I pulled out $120 and offered. He laughed. After haggling with him for a while I realized that it was pointless. I gave him my card and told him to call me when he changed his mind. Believe it or not, 6 months later the guy called me back looking to sell one. :D Idiot.

I did find a costume Boba Fett helmet on that trip for $10. It was the week after halloween and some costume store was closing out what they had left. The original price on it was $80. I get offers for $100-$300 for it sometimes. To me, that was a score. Those Lukes were going for under $50 last time I checked on Ebay (Which was a while ago)

I used to be so INSANELY into this collecting stuff. Lack of room and a divorce pretty much put the kibosh on my habit though. I didnt even pick up anything for EIII, which shocks me when I think about it.

My finace bought be a few things for Xmas this year. I dont think she realized what a Pandora's box she was opening. After pulling about half of my collection out of the attic recently to put a new floor in, she saw the 33 boxes and got the picture.

Target Practice
03-13-2006, 09:16 AM
http://www.transmetropolitan.com/images/spideractionfig.jpg

'Nuff said.