PDA

View Full Version : super bolt

lala
12-14-2001, 10:48 PM
Hello people, I was wondering because it looks like in the prototype super bolt pics you could put a foamy in it or is that custom(I think that would be cool)? Also I was wondering if you need a different size bolt if you use a vert like a Pro Team Micro Mag or does that mater much.

headcase
12-14-2001, 11:33 PM
Don't know about the foamy....from what I understand there will be 2 sizes or superbolts 1 or the xtreem bodies, and 1 for everything else.

Later
SSDD

kilaueakid
12-14-2001, 11:35 PM
lala,
you from minnesota?

lala
12-14-2001, 11:36 PM
the one and only

BlackVCG
12-14-2001, 11:50 PM
Version one of the Superbolt was a long nose foamie style bolt and will never go into production. Version two is the production version and can be seen on the online store. It has a concave delrin face. Use any bolt for any current AGD gun. The Xtreme's will have a different diameter bolt and will probably be engraved on the back that they are for use in the Xtreme's only.

lala
12-15-2001, 12:01 AM
thanks for the quick answer

kilaueakid
12-15-2001, 01:41 AM
lala,
this is rob from Throttle. My sfl came with a version 2 superbolt, but I put my own "custom" foamy on it. It stays on fine and has no issues with balls feeding into the breech.
~rob

Slapp
12-17-2001, 05:32 PM
Never say never. It should be easy to make delrin sleeves in the foamie style so eventually AGD could sell just foamie sleeves as aftermarket bolt replacement parts the same way they eventually plan to sell replacement sleeves for the non-foamie superbolts.

I'm curious though why you would suggest that foamie superbolts would never be produced beyond the few demo bolts that were made. Was there something in testing where the foamie superbolts proved defective or inferior? Were they harder or less cost efficient to produce? I spoke with one guy who had one of the demo foamie superbolts for almost a year and he said it worked great. Unless I'm missing something here, foamie superbolt sleeves could be a viable product for AGD.

BlackVCG
12-17-2001, 06:57 PM
Because through AGD testing of different bolt faces, the concave face proves to be the most effective.

lala
12-18-2001, 05:52 PM
Does it help to have the fommie in there for less ball breaks or is that a common missconception.I think I spelled that right.