PDA

View Full Version : Twist lock Mags....

ojhspyro89
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
How do the twist lock barreld mags keep the balls from rolling out of the barrel?

Im working on a closed bolt gun and I cant seem to figure anything out to keep balls in the barrel without them rolling out.

Out of cockers, and excals I have no clue how the paint stays in other than a good tight paint to bore match. Ive got a barrel kit, I was just wandering if there is anything that can be done in the barrel simliar to a detent that wont ruin the barrel.

Chaos_Theory!
02-22-2006, 06:36 PM
They use a wire detent that goes in a lil slot on the barrel. They have lil metal wires and some other plastic ones. Im ure someoen will show you if ya dont get what im saying. Ill try and get a pic for ya.

buzzboy
02-22-2006, 08:11 PM
The barrel is the breach so instead of being part of the gun, the nubbin is part of the barrel.

Cockers purely use barrel size to keep the ball in the barrel.

grEnAlEins
02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
cockers use detents to keep the ball in the breech so it wont actually enter the barrel untill the bolt pushes it past the detent and blows it with air to shoot it out fast.

Automags do the same with a few differences. The breech is the back part of the barrel. Nubbins act as detents. Other than that, firing the marker is the same, the bolt pushes the ball, seals the breech, then blows air on the ball to make it move fast.