PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Air Regs

latches109
02-22-2006, 08:46 PM
Anyone use Guerrilla Air Assault H.P. 68ci/4500psi System?

Are they good regs? anything better?

http://guerrillaair.com/store/index.php

Steelrat
02-22-2006, 08:54 PM
They are supposed to be pretty good. Supposedly, the guys who made these used to work for Air America, so they would have some experience working on regs. I wanted to give them a try, but they are out of 45/45.

cdacda13
02-22-2006, 08:59 PM
I love my guarilla air reg.

Dharma punk
02-22-2006, 09:29 PM
I'll let you know what I think when I get mine. I talked to one of the guys today and he said they're waiting on bottles to fill orders. Shouldn't be too much longer..

latches109
02-23-2006, 12:14 AM
great, I'm leaning towards the ambush reg vs. the Assault reg. Does anyone know the recharge rate on the regs? edit:sp

camilion705
02-23-2006, 01:04 AM
I was thinking about picking one up to replace my centerflag reg that came on my 3a tank ( :tard: ) $65 is not bad at all for a nice new tank reg.

SPY 1
02-23-2006, 05:11 AM
They preform good and are the lightest regs out there. I have one and love it.

REDRT
02-23-2006, 06:50 AM
I just got mine about two weeks ago. Only thing I would've liked was a 5 year hydro bottle. Luck of the draw I guess. Anyway it isn't an adjustable 1000psi reg that I've always had, but it will do. It seems to be able to keep up with any of my mags. The reg is light and compact. The whole package was like 165 bucks or so. Price seemed really fair. Being alot of the guys there are from the former AirAmerica, a name I trusted for years it was a natural to try this out. My very first brand new tank and a preset screw in. I never had a screw in before. After I get some field time I'll know if I like it really well or not.

Dharma punk
02-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Yeah, a 5 year bottle would be nice, but it's my understanding that all their bottles are 3 year. I guess it's just another reason that their prices are low.

Dharma punk
03-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Got my bottle late last week and used it on Saturday. Awesome reg. Very consistant over the chrono. +/- 4 on my setup which was spyder shutter running at ~400 psi. Palmers male stabilizer with just a duckbill for the tank. I'm very pleased and their people are awesome with answering questions.

Jotsy
03-07-2006, 10:45 AM
i'm wondering about the "anti launch" feature on the assault models. how does that work?? is it in the bottle? or in the reg?

i'm in the UK so i most likely would have to just get the reg and put my own (UK standard) bottle on it. but would it retain the anti launch feature?

Asym
03-07-2006, 11:29 AM
Believe the anti-launch feature are just bleed channels in the threads, so if the tank comes loose from the bottle it bleeds the air before it has a chance to unscrew furthur from the pressure in the tank. Most regs have some feature like this, pretty sure my PMIs had a small hole higher up in the threads to do the same thing. The feature is in the regs not the tanks.

Dharma punk
03-07-2006, 02:36 PM
There are bleed channels in the reg threading like most others, but there is also an additional poppet inside the regulator to stop the airflow so you can service the reg without removing it from the bottle. There are diagrams and FAQs on their site. <A href="http://www.guerrillaair.com/store/index.php">Guerrilla Air</a>

Evintos
03-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah, a 5 year bottle would be nice, but it's my understanding that all their bottles are 3 year. I guess it's just another reason that their prices are low.

My Ambush is a 5 year tank.