PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo I got an e-mag!!!

MoeMag
02-22-2006, 10:25 PM
I was in my shop today and I just happened to ask the owner if he still had an e-mag in the shop. Well one of the guys still had one in the back!!!

It’s the first one I have ever seen and I love it. The poor thing is beat to hell but it still works. So I bought it! :dance:

3.2 software
Batt charger included
Extra lvl 10!?
Black CF ule body
Black x-valve
lot of Extra Parts included

I couldn’t believe the shot counter on it something like 47,000 shots. seemed like a lot... Is that a lot?

The guy had it hooked up to a remote line and obviously played bush ball with it a lot. It needs some cosmetic work done. Is there any way to touch up scratches and such?

I think I am going to put my silver x-valve and pewter ule on it. Then get a new batt casing. Then if I really get adventurous I will get an ule rail for it.

:bounce:

neppo1345
02-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Sounds awesom3...

I'm in the process of building one, and my lowers are at 23,501....

47,000 really isn't that high...

if you think about it...1/2 of a case of a paint is 1000 balls....

I easily shoot 2x that per day of play.

Plus just screwing around and dry firing....

so i dont think it's too bad...

A little black nailpolish will work for small scratches...

Pics? :)

68magOwner
02-22-2006, 10:58 PM
47,000 isnt too high
thats, 235 cases if they are ALL real shots, but, think about it, id be willing to bet just about everyone puts more shots on their marker adjusting their trigger and just playing around around the house than actually shooting the marker.

but, congrats on your new marker.

BeaverEater
02-22-2006, 11:03 PM
47,000 isnt too high
thats, 235 cases if they are ALL real shots, but, think about it, id be willing to bet just about everyone puts more shots on their marker adjusting their trigger and just playing around around the house than actually shooting the marker.

but, congrats on your new marker.
where do you do your math?? 2000 rds in a case, thats 23 1/2 cases of paint.

SpitFire1299
02-22-2006, 11:06 PM
where do you do your math?? 2000 rds in a case, thats 23 1/2 cases of paint.
I think he forgot the decimal.. 23.5 :D

11 Bravo
02-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Welcome to the Emag club. See about installing this on your mag and look out: http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185314&page=5 :shooting: :shooting:

latches109
02-23-2006, 12:19 AM
hu? that's weird... I just looked at mine and it says 30. before it was up to 512,000. mostly air or just fooling around. Because if they were real shots then I'd have shot 256 cases of paint totaling around $8000. :eek:

MoeMag
02-23-2006, 12:25 AM
$8000 wow, thats a cheap car or a nice horse :eek:

Anyway will post pics as soon as possible. tomorrow night perhaps.
You all can see what I have to work with.

I suppose I need to get in on the e-mag preadator board thing now.

Time for questions...
one of the modes says ACE and I can select 0, 1, 2. What is this!? It doesn't have eyes on it does it!?

P.S. Newb to all things e-mags. I know my mechs inside and out however.

camilion705
02-23-2006, 01:02 AM
WWP! (We Want Pics!)

Def Jeff
02-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Congrats on the Emag! Great gun and once its set up you don't have to do much accept oil it.

As for the Emag predator board as far as I can tell its been a year or so and there hasn't been any progress from TAG.

Instead if you're looking for speed have a look at the link 11 Bravo posted. It's new software for the E/Xmag that adds alot of the new features everyone is looking for. It's currently being tested but it is much closer to completion than the predator boards.

Emags and Xmags share the same software. That's way there is the ACE option. Emags unfortunatly do not have the ACE (Anti Chop Eye). This was only offered on Xmags. You can leave it set to 0.

Tao
02-23-2006, 02:39 AM
[QUOTE=MoeMag]$8000 wow, thats a cheap car or a nice horse :eek:
/QUOTE]

LOL! Or a nice horse? That beats saying $8000 Junior bacon cheeseburgers
:rofl:

Outlaw5
02-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Moemag, You say you want to get a Predator Board for your E-Mag. My suggestion is to go to the Deep Blue Sub forum here on Ao and read about the E/X-Mag microcontroller thread. A gentleman there has written code for the E/X-Mag as an upgrade with all the bells and whistles of modern markers. I highly suggest you read the thread and look to that as your upgrade veihicle for your E-Mag. I'm doing it and those who have the gotten the software are raving about it. There are some videos also. Good Luck and welcome to the world of E-Mags. V/R Jerry Perkins, SF De Oppresso Liber

MoeMag
02-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Thanks you all!

I figured it didn’t have eyes, but I just wanted to make sure. When I was going through the menu I saw ACE and my heart skipped a beat. Oh well lvl 10 I hear is good enough.

I have looked into the xmod software upgrade. Looks good. Those are two huge threads to read through. Will I have to buy the programmer or can I have it simply re-flashed?

Tao… as far as the nice horse thing. I see where you are coming from, but I was serious. Riding horses is what I do most of the time. In fact I work on a ranch. Here is a pic of my bud.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/Galliatshow.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/galliatshowgrounds.jpg
He is a 17.1 Thoroughbred. None of that cowboy stuff here, I am all jumper! :headbang:

I am going to keep this thread going for a few more days for pics and any questions I have so keep an eye on it.

Chris_automag_07
02-23-2006, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=MoeMag]$8000 wow, thats a cheap car or a nice horse :eek:
/QUOTE]

LOL! Or a nice horse? That beats saying $8000 Junior bacon cheeseburgers
:rofl:

1 good horse is the same thing as $8000 jr. cheeseburgers....when dave went...so did meat quality.

Def Jeff
02-23-2006, 12:24 PM
If you really need/want it now you can buy a programmer and do it yourself. But if you can wait then in a little while you should be able to get it flashed by someone.

rkjunior303
02-23-2006, 12:28 PM
a good horse will cost more than $8k

68magOwner
02-23-2006, 04:33 PM
yup, forgot my decimal :p

MoeMag
02-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Hey there my best horse (in the pic) cost me 3k, I rescued him off of the racetrack, after a minor leg injury. He is better than my other horses by a long way. My most expensive horse was 60k. That was stupid. She was a prime example of “paying for a name.” I actually did not like to ride that horse. Thankfully a good friend of mine liked her and bought her from me. I made a considerable profit I might add.

Anyway, this is about e-mags.

I picked it up today!!!
It is actually in a lot better condition than I thought it was. I cleaned it up with some soap and water, alcohol, and q-tips… ahhh much better. I am actually concerned something may fall apart now that I took all the paint and dirt out of it!

Condition.
Its all black and I have to say it is quite nice looking. It has a lot of character.
I need to buy new e-mag crystal stickers for it. Do they go only on the left, or do they go on both sides?

No Eyes. Bummer. Oh well lvl 10 holds its own I hear.

The battery pack has some good scratched in it from what looks like a SS hose. I think I can live with it, but I might get the tuna pack.

It came with an 10” Equation Bizerk original .689 barrel. I have never heard of them… is it anything special?

I am unfamiliar with the programming. It is AGD 3.2. Is there a manual for it anywhere?
I will run a search but any info would be appreciated.
Mostly what is shbf? Its on 60 right now what ever that means.
Also the TS reset!? That’s not cool. I feel like I have a tampered odometer now.

Customization.
Also something I have wanted to do for a while, I think I can finally do with this one. I want to put engraved silver grips on it. I think that would be awesome. Any comments?

EDIT:Okay I went to the engraving shop that does all my saddles.. They want $295 per grip! Not quite worth it.

Has anyone ever blued a paintball gun? That might be cool with the grips.

I hate…hate the trigger. I need a blade trigger! Is the tuna blade the only option?

Boards.
Now that I think about it I saw that the programmer and the program itself for the xmod was only $100 not bad. Sounds like it is going over fairly well too. I think I could get into trying to perfect my own programs, sounds like fun.

Pics.

Tomorrow, I promise.

A-Tach-One
02-24-2006, 01:27 AM
Shot buffering helps smooth the rate of fire. Play with shbf and see if you can maintain a higher rate of fire then having it set on 60. Generally the lower the number the smoother it is. You have 2 options when it comes to new E/Xmag triggers, the Tunablade and the Fireblade. You can find the lt63 and the LT3 floating around in the misc section, they are no longer made. :cheers:

MoeMag
02-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Cool, read all about the board setting now. Kind of limited isn't it. Oh well.
Don't know about the fireblade, will have to look that one up.

What’s the word about solenoids wearing out? Does it happen? I just realized I put 2000 shots on it in under 2 hours of playing with it.

MoeMag
02-24-2006, 02:13 PM
Damn that is one fine gun to shoot. I love it. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Here she is…

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/leftnewbarrelhalo.jpg

This is that barrel that I said that I got with it. Not bad I like the length. But it rattles out of place. The only barrel that I have so far that doesn’t do that is the freak…

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/freakhaloleft.jpg

And here it is with my favorite barrel. OHHH
I think I like the short barrel thing, I will have to get a shorter front for

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/right.jpg

This is a pic of the scratches on the batt pack. They have a little bit of depth to them. Looks like a ss hose dug into it over time.

There is a lot of work to be done. :bounce:

MoeMag
04-08-2006, 03:13 AM
Hey there,

I brought this thread back from the dead to ask…

pros and cons of the Fireblade and Tunablade ?

Carbon Blue
04-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Damn that is one fine gun to shoot. I love it. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Here she is…

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/leftnewbarrelhalo.jpg

This is that barrel that I said that I got with it. Not bad I like the length. But it rattles out of place. The only barrel that I have so far that doesn’t do that is the freak…

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/freakhaloleft.jpg

And here it is with my favorite barrel. OHHH
I think I like the short barrel thing, I will have to get a shorter front for

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/right.jpg

This is a pic of the scratches on the batt pack. They have a little bit of depth to them. Looks like a ss hose dug into it over time.

There is a lot of work to be done. :bounce:

gun looks awesome, did you buy it from demonio by anychance?

hobbesTZ
04-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey there,

I brought this thread back from the dead to ask…

pros and cons of the Fireblade and Tunablade ?

If your buying new the Fireblades only come in raw, and they don't come assembled. However they are cheaper than the Tunablades. The Tunablades come annodized (in black only) and have a roller bearing. Also the Tuna blade is curved differantly so the lower part of the trigger sticks out a bit further. I'd go with the Tunablade personally. If money is an issue just stick with your stock trigger.

IcantBelieveit
04-08-2006, 03:43 PM
congrats dude, E-mags are the ****...I recently Purchased my old e-mag back after 2 years without it...soo i am getting back into the game....need any help with it...someone on here will definatly be able to help ya....and you don't need ace..it slows you down

MoeMag
04-08-2006, 06:24 PM
gun looks awesome, did you buy it from demonio by anychance?

IDK. :confused:

The guys at my local shop said that the fella that had calimed it was the best gun he ever had. They said that this guy would usee this gun over his DM6 anyday just because it was faster (I have a hard time beliving that but damn is it fast :wow: ). He finally broke down and sold it to the shop where I got it from just becase he needed the money they said...
It was someone local (phoenix AZ)for sure though.

Thanks for the advice...
I am leaning towards the tunablade at the moment. The rollerbearing sounds real nice, even though I like the way the fireblade looks. The only thing is I have some work that needs to be done to my tank before I do anything, and a CP direct mount on/off is in line too.

I am going back and fourth wether not to re finnish it or not. does anyone know if a marker can be done in spectral titanium nitride coating like this...
http://www.inventorysource.com/images/mo/MOCR5520A.jpg
If I cant get that done I think I will leave it as is.

Chaos_Theory!
04-08-2006, 06:34 PM
MoeMag - It cant be done (or at least no one will do it for you). Its called an Aurora finish. Eclipse did it on a few cockers and other guns but thats it. Only like 1 in 10 survive the process. Theres a huge thread on this in the anno section on PBN.

MoeMag
04-08-2006, 08:00 PM
MoeMag - It cant be done (or at least no one will do it for you). Its called an Aurora finish. Eclipse did it on a few cockers and other guns but thats it. Only like 1 in 10 survive the process. Theres a huge thread on this in the anno section on PBN.

Thanks, look what I found...
http://img48.exs.cx/img48/4135/DSCN9.jpg

Words fail me that is so beautiful :cry:

Well crud.
I thought that would be really cool. Definetly worthy of mag of the month :D

Ooooh how about a copper color anno? anyone done that?

sisco87
04-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks, look what I found...
http://img48.exs.cx/img48/4135/DSCN9.jpg

Words fail me that is so beautiful :cry:
Wow, that is some amazing coloring, and that would be even more amazing on an e-mag. To bad it probably couldn't be done to your mag...

Pha|anx
04-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Who owners that beauty? :eek: Any idea if they would part with it for a realistic price?

/Recomending a Autococker for for Mag of the month?
//What is this place comming to?

topazpaintball
04-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Ooooh how about a copper color anno? anyone done that?

http://66.81.80.139/jmbishop4376adb57ae0c.jpg

I believe it can be done if you try to anno black with a weak battery charger

see this thread
http://www.spyderzone.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11458&highlight=anno

MoeMag
04-08-2006, 10:47 PM
/Recomending a Autococker for for Mag of the month?
//What is this place comming to?

Oops. I didn't mean that a autococker should be up for MOTM... thats insanity. :eek:
What I meant was that my mag with that aurora plating would be be worthy of MOTM

Rudz
04-08-2006, 11:59 PM
[COLOR=Black]
Oops. I didn't mean that a autococker should be up for MOTM... thats insanity. :eek:
What I meant was that my mag with that aurora plating would be be worthy of MOTM

someone put it in motm for kixx ..id vote for it..as well as probably half of ao..lol..wow that would really piss off rrfiredlade..lol we should have a gotm and a motm..anyways that a hot cocker..btw i think i have a pik u would all like to see let me see if i can find it..

[found it]

http://www.xmagworld.com/images/idea_rainbow2_lg.jpg

MoeMag
04-09-2006, 12:30 AM
That just looks like a splash job to me...
I might be wrong though.

If you saw the aurora in real life you would see that the colors change as the light hits it from different directions.