PDA

View Full Version : Retro Valve vs. X-Valve

Aslan
02-22-2006, 10:50 PM
I know this topic has been discussed, but I'm confused again :rolleyes: :tard:

Okay, when I first saw a Retro Valve, I thought it must be similar to an "RT" valve (ReTro). Well, then people were talking about how the Retro valve was pretty much an X-valve made out of steel rather than aluminum, so it was heavier, but it was essentially the same.

Then I read in another thread that the X-Valve comes standard with the Level 10 upgrade but the Retro valve does not. :(

Then I read that you can do a ULT upgrade to the X-valve, but you can't do that to the Retro valve. Now, this doesn't make much sense to me...because I thought the reason the trigger upgrade worked with X-valves was because of the recharge rate and that the X-valve and Retro valves both have the same recharge rate. :confused: :eek: :confused: he

I was thinking about getting a Retro Valve for my minimag project ( I don't mind the weight and like the way it looks) because I can get it a little cheaper than an X-valve. But if it doesn't have a Level 10 and I can't install the ULT...I guess the X-valve is the way to go. Dang.

Aslan
02-22-2006, 11:20 PM
One thing I forgot ti add...is it true that the E-Mag valves and X-vavles are the same thing?

Dayspring
02-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Functionally, the Xvalve and retro valve are the same.

Yes, the Xvalve can use the ULT and yes, they come stock with level 10.

No, the retro valves do NOT come stock with the Level 10. And SOME of the retro valves can accept the ULT without modification. (Take the on/off out. if you see 2 orings, it will take the ULT. if you see 1, then it needs modification.)

Yes. Any valve that is based on the RT technology is the same (with the exception of the classic RT.) The only difference may be the composition (steel and aluminum versus mostly aluminum, and the laser engraving on the side.)

jenarelJAM
02-23-2006, 08:07 PM
As far as I know, the rt, retro, emag valves are all basicly a steel version of the xvalve.I'm pretty sure that if your rt doesnt work with the ult, you can just get a hole drilled. I don't know who does it, ask the dealers.

FlawleZ
02-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Classic RT's are functionally the same as well. Just different dimensions on the valve and its steel of course.

Aslan
03-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Okay, lets see if I got this right:

X-valves: Aluminum, Come with Level 10 installed, CAN accept ULT.

Retro Valves: Steel, DO NOT come with Level 10 installed, MAY or MAY NOT accept ULT.

E-Mag Valves: Steel, ???, ??? :confused:

Still confused about the E-mag valve...but cleared up regarding Retro vs. X-valve.

Dayspring
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Emag Valve = ReTro Valve

shades
03-07-2006, 04:54 PM
ReTro valve (stainless steel)is a RT valve(stainless steel) is a RT Pro valve(stainless steel) is a X valve( Aluminium) They are all functionally and mechanically the same. They are all the same just different names.
The ReTro valve was an upgrade valve for those Automag users who wanted Ractive Trigger like the newly released RT.
The RT was remodeled NOT to use the Gas Through rail and banjo bolt and became the RT Pro.
Then AGD slapped an electronic grip frame on the RT Pro and called it the E Mag.
The Emag was upgrade to make it more stylish and light this is how we got the Xmag.
Lastly AGD threw a site railed crazy body on a RT Pro which gives you a Tac-One.
They are all the same Marker which makes the parts SOOOO interchangable (with the exception of the orginal RT and its valve due to the banjo bolt configeration).

JRingold
03-10-2006, 09:13 PM
So if I have an RT, original RT, single O-Ring, I'm out of luck with the Level 10, unless I can drill out the on/off hole.

With the Banjo bolt, am I out of luck in putting in a Level 10?

I'm thinking about the RT Upgrade program, but if I can get a Level 10, then there isn't a lot of reason for that, as the ULT is more of a nice to have not a needs to have.

REDRT
03-10-2006, 09:48 PM
So if I have an RT, original RT, single O-Ring, I'm out of luck with the Level 10, unless I can drill out the on/off hole.

With the Banjo bolt, am I out of luck in putting in a Level 10?

I'm thinking about the RT Upgrade program, but if I can get a Level 10, then there isn't a lot of reason for that, as the ULT is more of a nice to have not a needs to have.

NO! the Classic RT can use the lvl10 with no mods what so ever. ULT on the classic RT is a no go unless the valve is mod'd. The only one I would trust to do this mod is Brad Q. Nestle at Paintball Maxx in Houston, TX. LINK (http://www.paintballmaxx.com/main/services/custom/airsmith/)
Last I talked to him he'd do the mod for 10-15 bucks plus shipping.

Dayspring
03-10-2006, 09:49 PM
You're confused...

ANY AGD valve, with the exception of a rental classic valve & the sydarm can take the Level 10.

It's the ULT that you're talking about when it comes to the on/off area & oring.

Aslan
03-11-2006, 12:06 PM
You're confused...

ANY AGD valve, with the exception of a rental classic valve & the sydarm can take the Level 10.

It's the ULT that you're talking about when it comes to the on/off area & oring.

What's a "rental" classic valve? And what makes those two valves different that they can't take the Level 10...just curious.

Dayspring
03-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Flow restrictor plate in the power tube. You can't fit the carrier in.

They were done so that rental guns couldn't shoot over a certain speed. Great for rentals.

JRingold
03-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Excellent. Good to know on the bolt. Thanks for the link too!!