PDA

View Full Version : Packs feedback

thlibo
12-15-2001, 12:05 AM
I am in the market for a new pack. I generally shoot 400-600 each game, so really a 3 pod pack would cut it for me, but I would rather have a 4. I have used a vertical pack and liked it better than the horizontals because of less bounce.

I want to know what people think:
Horizontal or vertical?
And what pack would you reccomend, i.e. brand and model. I am a front player who runs a lot, and needs to carry some paint...

Load SM5
12-15-2001, 12:06 AM
Redz Dimension pack. You can switch the pack out and keep the belt. 3.2 or a 4.3 sounds like it would be great for you.

IceCool32
12-15-2001, 12:36 AM
One of the Redz speedy packs on clearence at Paintballinc.com

Drew
12-15-2001, 02:27 AM
get a redz, buy a belt and pick your pack, they all fit the same belt and interchange.

X-Plosive
12-15-2001, 03:59 AM
Redz Dimension 2.1 or 3.2, they do wobble a little bit. Maybe that's because I am always hunched over while running. They certainly wobble less than the other packs I have tried. The 3.2 is just a little bit wide. Ohh and they don't all fit the same belt. Last time I checked they have 3 belts, comfortbelt, wbbing belt, and then the flextech belt.

TITAN
12-15-2001, 10:09 AM
i just got a redz 4v speedy pack it is the best pack ever. IMO i really hate the way the dimension pack looks

CFD323
12-15-2001, 10:22 AM
I'm using a Redz Dimension 3.2 pack and it's totally awesome !! I've used a couple different packs in the past, including Unique, and nothing compares to the Redz packs. The pack and belt are 2 pieces so you can mix and match depending on what type of game you're playing, or if your playing needs change down the road. The pack, when cinched up tight, DOES NOT move at all. Most of the time I forget I'm wearing it at all. Definitely worth the money. I won't use any other type of pack again.

thlibo
12-15-2001, 10:48 AM
Why is the speed pack so much more than the dimension? Money is not an object to me, I just want the one that bounces the least...

bunkerking
12-15-2001, 11:32 AM
redz dimension are without a doubt the best packs on teh market. I have one, and it is awesome.

Drew
12-15-2001, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by X-Plosive
Ohh and they don't all fit the same belt. Last time I checked they have 3 belts, comfortbelt, wbbing belt, and then the flextech belt.

as far as a real belt, 96% of the packs fit the comfort belt, the web belt is crap and I havn't seen the flextech

a_malfunction
12-15-2001, 09:36 PM
Flextech is the cheap non-removeable belt from Redz. I, being the cheap, stingy guy i am, went for the cheap one! I think it works just fine!

xmetal2001
12-15-2001, 10:10 PM
I have a redz comfort 3+2 pack with a comfort belt and it works great. If you ever need some extra space for paint you can use the elastic straps(the +2 part) or when you don't need them they fold in. It doesn't really bounce much, much less than all the other packs i've tried.

THLIBO-where do you play?

toymyster
12-15-2001, 10:14 PM
Chalk up another vote for Redz, you can get whatever configuration you want, and switch packs as your need change!!! The belt is really comfortable and supportive, too!!!

gam-e
12-15-2001, 11:18 PM
i dont know guys,

i love my dye pack. i couldnt trade or sell it for the world. they are very very comfortable, and very secure.
Dion

thlibo
12-15-2001, 11:51 PM
gam-e, I appreciate the vote for the underdog. Out of curiosity, have you ever tried a Redz? Just wondering.

I play at my home field, Fat City Paintball in Senoia. Major shoutout to the boys down there. I also play a lot on a woods speedball course that Project Mayhem setup and runs at my dad's place in Senoia. We host tournies and games, and are working on getting a true field speedball course setup, and planning a scenario game for sometime in the Spring. Anyone in the ATL area should definitely check out Fat City. Look them up in tha phone book.

I also play at Paintball Atlanta, and at Crosshairs with the Georgia Tech paintball club.

Thanks for all the input on packs. I have had a 6+1 off brand pack that I have used for 6 months, and it is tearing apart (couldn't handle my game) so I need a new one, and I am running my beautiful 110 4500 Nitro Duck on my gun, to make it the hoss micro that it is. Heh, Keep your eyes posted for my Flatline barrel Micro RT with Z-grips. Pics will be coming in the next few weeks...

deded
12-16-2001, 12:04 AM
I've never tried a Redz pack, so I wouldn't know how it compares, but I really like my Ronin Gear pack.

Its the Stealth 3+2 pack, (I only ever use 3). The straps on the sides have elastic pieces, so it stretches, and doesn't bounce at all. It is the first pack I ever really owned, and have never had a reason to buy something new.

It also has a place for a squeegee, where I put my battle swab. A place for keys... so you don't lose them out of your pocket. And a little pouch in front that I use for my barrel plug, I use it a lot more then I thought I ever would.

I didn't see any bad reviews of packs, so it sounds like you'll be happy with whatever you end up with.

My only suggestion is to try it on before you buy it. I am really skinny, and a lot of packs wouldn't fit me as well as the one I have does.

dorksquad55
12-16-2001, 12:22 AM
definitley a redz comfort pack. i hav a redz 3.2 dimension pack and i kicks ***. u could alwys get the 4.3 later if u needed. oh well, redz is the way to go.

ken
dorksquad55@aol.com

gam-e
12-17-2001, 11:10 AM
yes, i have had a redz pack before, but it was not a vertical. i have never tried those comfort packs like you other guys are talking about. im sure they are good, but im just not ready to try something else when i have something great already.

Dion

hitech
12-17-2001, 01:18 PM
I buddy of mine just got the JT pack. He did not get the "fancy" JT pods. At the suggestion of the guy at the store he got the more standard type that closed very tightly (and were much cheaper). He loved it! After seeing his I'll probably get one soon.

wyn1370
12-17-2001, 01:30 PM
My vote's for the JT slampack as well. I've got the whole system and think it's great.

Phil
12-17-2001, 03:23 PM
I really like my DYE pack. It is very comfortable and quite well made.

Nitroduck
12-17-2001, 03:33 PM
Redz Comfort System..
Dimension or Speedy.....Both are great. I upgraded from a Pro-Sport pack (4v 2h) to a 5.4 Dimension because I wanted to carry 3/4ths a case of paint for those "special" occasions.

I havent had a problem....The last time I used it, I was filled up with 5 pods in a crappy woods/rec game....I went for 20 minutes, running, crawling, shooting, you name it, it stayed in place and never moved a bit......GREAT pack.

PS, if ya need a 4+2, I got my ol one for sale =)

thlibo
12-17-2001, 05:18 PM
A 4.2 dimension? Let me know what kinda pack, and what shape is it in, what color it is, etc. And I am definitely interested...