PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Engineer FAQ HALO REPORT: Boards, Battery, Myths, Upgrades, Optimization!

Dueydog
02-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Electrical Engineer FAQ HALO REPORT: Boards, Battery, Myths, Upgrades, Optimization!

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/1213/haloreportpic3wz.jpg

The Halo Report is here! The End all FAQ.

After several months, of time, effort, and money, the Halo Report is finally ready for its release!

You Can download the Halo Report HERE
http://www.dcltech.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=33

You can visit his site at www.DCLtech.com

He spent a lot of time and money working on this report to bring it to the Players. You can donate through the Halo Report download page on his website. Don't forget to donate at least a single dollar or 2!!!

Future version may include:
1. Reloader Board
2. 6 rechargeable nimh AA or Bcharge (same thing)
3. Dual 9-volt mod

Angry and WAS did not want their products discussed at this time.

Feel Free to PM or Email and ask any questions on this topic at dcltech@hotmail.com

Thanks to all and enjoy,
Matt "Dueydog" :D

Give your Halo/Reloader... The BONE!
-More SPEED, Less Weight, RECHARGABLE!

More BONE INFO --> http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163890

68magOwner
02-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Thats cool, real cool. Interesting read.

jenarelJAM
02-23-2006, 11:27 PM
if i ever get a halo, i'll buy one. It'll pay for itself in batteries in no time.

nippinout
02-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Not bad, but it didn't seem to have enough meat to it (not to mention 'engineering').

"Most likely through some voltage divider and then a limiting resistor", why not follow the traces? It would have been nice to see what methods were used for these tests. Drop tests were explained, but is this the method used? People don't like to look at bad photographs of an LED scale readout. Graphs/charts are your friend.

This is more of a review of products than a report.

Dueydog
02-24-2006, 12:02 AM
Not bad, but it didn't seem to have enough meat to it (not to mention 'engineering').

"Most likely through some voltage divider and then a limiting resistor", why not follow the traces? It would have been nice to see what methods were used for these tests. Drop tests were explained, but is this the method used? People don't like to look at bad photographs of an LED scale readout. Graphs/charts are your friend.

Considering this was FREE, it is more informative than any I've seen elsewhere.

He does have an email and welcomes your recommendations.

Thanks,
Matt

LeatherPants
02-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Duey-

Quick question. Have you heard about the B Charge packs? I'm just curious if you know how they compare to the other packs.

OEM Petey
02-25-2006, 07:06 PM
looks like a project for some EE class? :)

i hate dealing with stuff like this ie circuits :p .. im just bitter because i dont like my circuits class :)

anomoly40
02-25-2006, 07:39 PM
People don't like to look at bad photographs of an LED scale readout. Graphs/charts are your friend.

The pictures of the LED readout prove it's actual test information, not some type of graph that you hope is correct.

At least it isn't biased.

Dueydog
02-25-2006, 08:07 PM
Duey-

Quick question. Have you heard about the B Charge packs? I'm just curious if you know how they compare to the other packs.

6 rechargeable nimh AA or Bcharge (same thing)

The BCHARGE is a 6 Nimh AA pack @ only 8.4 volts. Last longer, but 16% less speed.
- ODYSSEY discourages using 6 rechargeable AAs because voltage is lower than needed 9v; during use voltage drops very rapidly then plateaus causing jamming & slow motor responses.

Thanks,
Matt

LeatherPants
02-26-2006, 03:56 AM
6 rechargeable nimh AA or Bcharge (same thing)

The BCHARGE is a 6 Nimh AA pack @ only 8.4 volts. Last longer, but 16% less speed.
- ODYSSEY discourages using 6 rechargeable AAs because voltage is lower than needed 9v; during use voltage drops very rapidly then plateaus causing jamming & slow motor responses.

Thanks,
Matt

Damnit :mad:

Automaggot68
02-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Damnit :mad:
CHris!
How've you been, dude!?

Baby Huey
02-26-2006, 07:42 PM
For us basic people that was a great report. Happy to say I have a bone and (2) 9V's (for my shockers) on the way. Duey is great to deal with. Everybody have a great night and God bless.

LeatherPants
02-26-2006, 08:37 PM
CHris!
How've you been, dude!?

Been MIA sorry. But I've been good. Can't complain.