PDA

View Full Version : Problems dealing with Tobe2be

Riddler236
02-24-2006, 12:12 AM
I know this guy is a popular forum regular, so I'm hoping someone here knows him and can get in touch with him. He does not reply my messages or phone calls.

On Feb 5, I sent him $300 via PayPal for his NIB Sydarm. Since then, I have only spoken with him once, though I have tried countless times to contact him. At that time, he gave me excuses and promises that the marker was shipping the next day. This was several weeks ago. I have since filed a PayPal compaint. But I'm not a patient person. I don't like being screwed. I left him a voicemail on 2/22 promising to file Mail Fraud charges on 2/24 if I had received neither my marker nor my money by that date. Well, 2/24 is upon us. I am giving this guy until 4pm EST to return my money via PayPal or get the gun to me and I am filing a Police Report for Mail Fraud.

This is serious stuff. If you know the guy, please get ahold of him and suggest strongly that he return my money. I'm done playing games with him.

Thank you.

neppo1345
02-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Good luck...cause thats what the police will tell you..

Riddler236
02-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Why? I have documented messages, a PayPal claim in process, as well as his name, address, and phone number. And he's friends with Tunaman.

edit: several cops in the family as well. i'm not worried about being able to pin it on him.

neppo1345
02-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Police have no jurisdiction...and if you know anything about police...it won't get you your money/goods back any sooner...

best bet is to just wait for paypal...

If he's friends with tuna, most likely he's a good guy...and it's a misunderstanding...

but if not...

Good luck...

Riddler236
02-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Regardless of the outcome, I'm going after him as much as I can. I won't be robbed.

From what I'm told, he's not a scammer - just a screwup. It's time he learn a lesson.

Steelrat
02-24-2006, 12:29 AM
You're not the first person to have issues with him. I was hoping things had changed for him, but I guess not :( Too bad.

If you paid via CC, try filing for fraud protection. If not, good luck. Getting any sort of prosecution on a $300 loss in NYC is just about impossible.

And while he and Tuna do know each other, with Tobe's rep, I doubt Tuna would vouch for him. Tuna, please correct me if I am wrong. Did Tobe use that line to help reassure you of his reliability?

Riddler236
02-24-2006, 12:35 AM
You're not the first person to have issues with him. I was hoping things had changed for him, but I guess not :( Too bad.

If you paid via CC, try filing for fraud protection. If not, good luck. Getting any sort of prosecution on a $300 loss in NYC is just about impossible.

And while he and Tuna do know each other, with Tobe's rep, I doubt Tuna would vouch for him. Tuna, please correct me if I am wrong. Did Tobe use that line to help reassure you of his reliability?

Sadly, I used the bank account instant transfer. And no, he didn't name Tuna as a reference. But I've asked Tuna for help in this.

Steelrat
02-24-2006, 12:37 AM
If you do an advanced search for his name in the titles only, you'll get a glimpse of his history. Good luck man, people getting scammed really ticks me off :mad:

Riddler236
02-24-2006, 12:42 AM
thanks, man.

personman
02-24-2006, 12:45 AM
yeah didnt like 20 different people have problems with this guy a few years ago and like none of them got their money back?

Riddler236
02-24-2006, 12:47 AM
yeah didnt like 20 different people have problems with this guy a few years ago and like none of them got their money back?

That's not very encouraging. Heh. I'm stubborn. We'll see how this plays out.

personman
02-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Nevermind, scratch what I said. I think I was thinking of Kaiser Bob, two completely different people.

quik
02-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Even though he isnt KB, he is still a giant douchebag and probably one of the worst traders on the planet. To think too, that I was thinking of buying that cocker he had, too bad he sucks at everything, right?

LOL TOBE2BE U R A CRAZY GUY!

I hope you get your stuff back, but I also hope he goes to jail or something.

BobTheCow
02-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Even though he isnt KB, he is still a giant douchebag and probably one of the worst traders on the planet. To think too, that I was thinking of buying that cocker he had, too bad he sucks at everything, right?

LOL TOBE2BE U R A CRAZY GUY!

I hope you get your stuff back, but I also hope he goes to jail or something.
T2B and KB... two WILD AND CRAZY GUYS!

http://members.fortunecity.com/delanay/snl51.jpg

slade
02-24-2006, 01:19 PM
hmm, was that that guy at AONEVII with the e-cocker that had most of the parts internal, and the acidwash excal?

*edit* yep http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189567

too bad, he seemed like an okay guy.

hope you get your money back

chairman_mao
02-24-2006, 04:00 PM
hmm, was that that guy at AONEVII with the e-cocker that had most of the parts internal, and the acidwash excal?

*edit* yep http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189567

too bad, he seemed like an okay guy.

hope you get your money back
Yeah that's him. He may be a good guy but he is a notoriously bad trader.

Automaggot68
02-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Did someone call me?

Man, this guy makes Me look GOOD.

bentothejam1n
02-24-2006, 04:20 PM
maybe we should post on his thread??

dIVEANX
02-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I didnt have this problem with him but I had a similar problem with a 1000 dollar Excal and trust me, there is not one thing legally that you can do.

IM's amd email records are not admisable in court on a factual basis. They can be duplicated very easy so you cant prove beyond a resonalbe doubt that he was the one on the other end of the email or IM.

If you are in the same state as he is and have the ability to take it to court that is one thing but if you are in another state and dont have the time and resources to persue it then you are pretty much done in.

You can trash his name or do anything you like as far as posting in a public forum but that isnt going to get you your stuff or your money back.

Its sad to say and I wish you luck but I dont think your going to get your money or your stuff back.

Its so easy to change an idenity on the internet that it isnt funny so he can do that and continue to carry on with hsi ways.

Its sad but true

paullus99
02-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Emails are acceptable evidence (I process 10's of thousands for court cases daily).

dIVEANX
02-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Well not in Florida and not in the state Supreme court system. It cost me 1700 bucks for the court and the lawyer to tell me that. (im hard headed to LOL)

It may make it through the first court but will not on appeal.

You can not prove that he was the person that wrote the email or the IM.

How do you think some of the sexual preditors get off the hook sometimes when all they have is circumstanial evidence like email and IM logs.

Not going to argue the point. It happened to me personally so I know it happened. Maybe it is different where you live I dont know but all I know is I am out 2700.00 bucks with a statement about learning my lesson from a judge.

Tunaman
02-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Well not in Florida and not in the state Supreme court system. It cost me 1700 bucks for the court and the lawyer to tell me that. (im hard headed to LOL)

How do you think some of the sexual preditors get off the hook sometimes when all they have is circumstanial evidence like email and IM logs.

Not going to argue the point. It happened to me personally so I know it happened. Maybe it is different where you live I dont know but all I know is I am out 2700.00 bucks with a statement about learning my lesson from a judge.You are not finished yet. At least go to Legalzoom.com and spend 69.00 to get a small claims document. File it, and get a judgement against him. That will stop him from ever being able to buy a car, house, get a loan, etc. until he pays you back first. You can lso garnish his wages or any other assets he has to collect your money. You can also get him a black mark on his credit report that will screw him for years to come.

dIVEANX
02-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I know all of that. Tried that but when it was appealed it was thrown out because no one could prove he was the one that received the money or the emails or the IM's

There was no record of the money ever going to him. He had his account through a fictional person that couldnt be tracked to him.

Thats the problem. It was all thrown out I cant refile nothing.

I will be glad to see if I still have the court paperwork around here and scan it and post it.

Trust me. Im as hard headed as they come and I didnt like being taken advantage of either. Thats why I went the lawyer route and appealed it. It was to more show him he couldnt do it but in the end he laughed in my face.

Wish it was that easy

Tunaman
02-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Well I certinly hear ya. In my particular case the biotch cashed my USPS Money order and signed the back using her drivers license for ID. She is going to rot in hell... :cuss:

Baby Huey
02-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Emails are acceptable evidence (I process 10's of thousands for court cases daily).

WOW, that is a lot of e-mails to process everyday :D

SCpoloRicker
02-24-2006, 06:30 PM
I work for guy?

Lohman446
02-24-2006, 06:42 PM

Not going to argue the point. It happened to me personally so I know it happened. Maybe it is different where you live I dont know but all I know is I am out 2700.00 bucks with a statement about learning my lesson from a judge.

Wait a minute. You sued someone over $1000, they lost, and then appealed it. Through repeated appeals it went back and forth all the way to the Supreme Court (of Florida) over $1000? I'm trying to figure out which one of you is less considerate of risk to reward.

slade
02-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I work for guy?
*sigh*...

i work for tobe2be.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

But trust me.... You don't.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about. This is how bad info gets passed around. If you don't know about the topic....Don't make yourself sound like you do.

Because some people will believe anything they read.

i also work for e-mail.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies. Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you don't know what you are talking about. This is how bad info gets passed around. If you don't know about the topic....Don't make yourself sound like you do.

i also work for the supreme court of Florida.

I also work for Chuck Norris.

But I think you get the hint.

Steelrat
02-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I work for the "I work for guy."

Cuz some people will believe anything they read.

slade
02-24-2006, 08:29 PM
I work for the "I work for guy."

Cuz some people will believe anything they read.
youre fired!

/i work for Steelrat
//he makes a bad boss

dIVEANX
02-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Awesome Tuna Make them pay. Trust me, I learned my lesson very well.

No, my case didnt go to the supreme court but in cases that I read up on when all this was going down had gone that far over email and IM logs. Plus this all happened to me almost 3 years ago as well.

The way things have changed I could probably do more about it but not then.

mobsterboy
02-24-2006, 11:09 PM
youre fired!

/i work for Steelrat
//he makes a bad boss

///Only when he's not drunk

Soopa Villain17
02-24-2006, 11:49 PM
slade beat me to it , but yea it was the wierd lookin mexican guy at aone7 , before the event a bunch of people were angry or something that he was coming becuase of the crap he pulled in the past , but idk , hope u get yur gun or moneyl. why dont you just drive to his house ? ny isnt far from pa ?

Indignant
02-25-2006, 03:22 AM
haha, did you just call someone wierd looking?

lollers.

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
02-25-2006, 08:15 AM
This really hasn't happened to me but I think I'm going to start demanding a bill/invoice/recpiet thingy before money is exchanged. So I have a paper trial for any personal transaction's I do this for all my private sale's of paintball/airsoft/firearm sales. (private sales of firearm's in WI are still legal. Just make sure you have the buyer's address on them)

Lohman446
02-25-2006, 08:51 AM
ny isnt far from pa ?

Thats like saying California isn't far from Oregon...

Ace12GA
02-25-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't how you guys do things down in the states, but when ever I send someone money, especially by mail, I make sure to require a signature on the reciever end, with proof of identity. Electronic payment methods are great, because they leave a nice trail that can be followed legally.

SCpoloRicker
02-25-2006, 05:17 PM
One would also suggest that whom you are dealing with should be a factor as well.

/I work for the Internet (http://www.google.com)...

spacedtedybear
02-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Hmmm..... Well, I actually had a pretty decent transaction with tobe2be. His Gmail addresse is the same as his screenname. Also, I have a feeling that the sydarm isn't exactly NIB.

Riddler236
02-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow. It arrived today. Not NIB, but in really good shape. Woulda been nice if I had been sent a tracking number a couple days ago, but ah well...