PDA

View Full Version : ??Anodizing??

Chrishew09
02-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Any one know of a good place to have anodizing done, I have a Emag battery pack that I want black. Tuna said that its not worth it for him to do just one battery pack, and some of the places on the web is see say the cost would be over $50 for a grip.

:tard:

Vex
02-24-2006, 06:52 AM
Any one know of a good place to have anodizing done, I have a Emag battery pack that I want black. Tuna said that its not worth it for him to do just one battery pack, and some of the places on the web is see say the cost would be over $50 for a grip.

:tard:
Why not just buy a new battery pack? You can get a black one from Tuna for not much more than $50.

Chaos_Theory!
02-24-2006, 09:43 AM
Get a price quote from www.absolutefinish.com, they offer great prices and are nice people to deal. O yeah, i forgot to mention they do amazing work.

CrimsonGhost
02-24-2006, 12:22 PM
This should be in the FAQ section if it isn't. It is a question that pops up often enough around here that it could be .

Fireballmountain.com
aplusanno.com (may not be the web addy)
:cheers:

bunny5
02-24-2006, 03:58 PM
precisionpb.com

$7.50 per part...

:D

Chrishew09
02-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks guys all are great pointers.

REDRT
02-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Parts off to A+ today. Let everyone know how it goes for me...

Baby Huey
02-24-2006, 06:21 PM
One of my shockers is going out to fireball mountain this week, I will let you know how that goes.

REDRT
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Well I just got a phone call. My parts have been completed at A+. Exactly one week ago I dropped them off at the post office. They quoted me 2 weeks. All have them back before the 2 weeks are up. :headbang: Down side the anodizing they had to match was a tuff. They said it is "extremely close" exact words. Very excited to get them back. A few more odds and ends till it is ready for MOTM. :dance:

REDRT
03-03-2006, 06:34 PM
Well I just got a phone call. My parts have been completed at A+. Exactly one week ago I dropped them off at the post office. They quoted me 2 weeks. All have them back before the 2 weeks are up. :headbang: Down side the anodizing they had to match was a tuff. They said it is "extremely close" exact words. Very excited to get them back. A few more odds and ends till it is ready for MOTM. :dance:

Oh yah. 2 color fade. body, rail, feed neck shipped $139

Tunaman
03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh yah. 2 color fade. body, rail, feed neck shipped $139Don't get your hopes up. I am not having very good luck with certain anodizers mentioned above. :mad: :cuss:

bentothejam1n
03-03-2006, 07:43 PM
sometimes people on the forum will do it pretty cheap

REDRT
03-03-2006, 07:59 PM
sometimes people on the forum will do it pretty cheap

Oh is that what Tuna ment? oops! No that is what I paid $139. Is that cheap?

Baby Huey
03-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Oh is that what Tuna ment? oops! No that is what I paid $139. Is that cheap?

thats why I am going to fireball mountain. They are doing an ice fade (blue to clear 2 color), $175 for 15 parts shipped.

REDRT
03-04-2006, 12:29 AM
thats why I am going to fireball mountain. They are doing an ice fade (blue to clear 2 color), $175 for 15 parts shipped.

In their defense I did want a speedy turnaround and it cost me a little extra to have them match my colors. They said it wasn't easy to get it as close as they did. Sounds like your sending the whole gun in for a total reanodize. Probably a better way of going. The next one is going to be built from the ground up. I didn't want to loose the AGD originality of this one I have now. All the original parts are AGD direct in the fade that they are. So Tuna that being said, "better make like Lee Ermey and set the anodizers straight". Sometime this year I'm wanting to try to get a Envy Green Tuna Custom hint hint...

REDRT
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Well I received my parts from A+ today. I'm very disappointed The color match not only isn't "extremely" close as discribed over the phone, but it isn't even the same color. Turn around time was excellant, but color matching sucks. I have emailed them about this situation. I guess I'll see what happens with that. I may have to send it elsewhere to get satisfactory results.

magman007
03-09-2006, 02:49 PM
please, post pictures.

REDRT
03-09-2006, 03:08 PM
please, post pictures.

I can't at this time post pic's. I just called AGD direct. My fade was originally done at pk selectives in California. The guy I need to speak to is out till later. My Karta is going there no matter what. It is useless to me now. A+ might be alright for a complete anno job, but they didn't fare too well matching at least my color. I should have thought of calling AGD sooner. Well $139 down the drain. Oh well I've spent more in the bar in one night and that went down the drain to. :rolleyes:

rifleman wi
03-09-2006, 03:11 PM
dude that sux..

REDRT
03-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Chris,
Trust me that is as close as it will ever get. That color is extremely hard to match. We are working with dyes not paint and it is extremely difficult to do.

Here is A+ reply to me. Speedy like their service. I can not except their answer though. Their website they picture the same anno as mine and what they sent back is a copper pipe with tarnish. I don't want excuses, just results! If I have to send this thing to every anodizer in the country to get results I will. Like the duracell commercial, "It just has to work".

REDRT
03-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Well I can see this is going to cost me some coin. :rolleyes: PK is pricey, but turn around time sounds good, they originally did the fade and they come with super high referances. By the time I get this body anodized correctly, I could've bought a complete emag. :eek: I'll send it out in the morning I guess. I will not be seen with a miss matched ugly gun. Just like the cannon commercial., "image is everything". :D I feel my madness has reached a point simular to the final scenes of the movie,"Bridge On The River Kwai".

Chrishew09
03-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok, so I wont be useing A+, anyone know of a GOOD anodizer?
Lucky for me I just need a emag battery cover done black not a fancy color match or fade.

Baby Huey
03-09-2006, 07:14 PM
They have my whole shocker right now. Doing a complete gun fade. I will let you know how that goes when I get it back. I have seen the complete gun work they have done and it looks great. Maybe they are just not great at matching colors? Sorry about your hard time good luck with the new company.

REDRT
03-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Ok, so I wont be useing A+, anyone know of a GOOD anodizer?
Lucky for me I just need a emag battery cover done black not a fancy color match or fade.

Something like that any anodizer should be able do that for you.

deathstalker
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Color-matching IS a huge deal. Heck, my E-Mag is made from all AGD parts, but there are three different types of black. The black on my ULE body, rail, and lowers is different on all three. Get pics ASAP!

*Edit* Now that I think about it, I have a bunch of markers and parts that were all purchased as dust black, but they don't all match. Some look more like gray than the others.

Chrishew09
03-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Color-matching IS a huge deal. Heck, my E-Mag is made from all AGD parts, but there are three different types of black. The black on my ULE body, rail, and lowers is different on all three. Get pics ASAP!
G, my Emag seems to be all the same black except the ULE body is a little different finish (not as glossy) but the color is the same.

Chrishew09
03-13-2006, 07:40 AM
What do you guys think of fireballmountain.com?

PumpPlayer
03-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Don't throw anything too complicated at them and they'll do a great job.

FBM is great for low-complexity jobs, but they can run into some minor issues with anything too out of the ordinary.
I also highly recommend disassembling your own marker before sending it out.
Not very many people seem to know what an Automag is anymore...

Chrishew09
06-01-2006, 06:45 PM
I emailed PK and they wanted $60 for my battery pack, and $200 for a black to red fade on my entire Emag. I didnt think $200 was to bad for a fade on an entire Emag, but $60 for a battery pack seems a little steep, I also emailed FireBall Mountian for a price quote on just the battery pack still waiting for a responce.

IcantBelieveit
06-01-2006, 06:56 PM
I used anno tech for my last e-mag project....they did a really good job....turn around was a bit slow...but...hell it was well worth the wait....cost about $145 for the entire gun for a 2 color fade...not sure if they still do paintball work

FromTheBack
06-02-2006, 05:49 AM
REDRT, just a thought but I know in the past because of the type of Aluminum the ULE body uses it turns out different when annoed sometimes. I don't know if you have a ULE or if it looked different than the rest of your parts but it is something I have heard multiple times on this forum.

Chrishew09
06-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Fireball Mountian wants $20 to do the anodizing and $10 return shippment, so $30 for a Emag battery cover, that seems fair....right?

Does anyone have experiance with FBM, are they good at matching the AGD black?

PnueMagger
06-02-2006, 11:32 AM
FBM have great anodizing