PDA

View Full Version : Best Adjustable Bore Barrel!

beachboy016
12-15-2001, 10:47 AM
Hey, I'm looking to get an adjustable bore barrel cause I shoot a couple different paint. Which one do you think performs better? (Smart Parts Freak or Custom Products Pro Barrel System) Also I had a question on the CP barrel kit. Does the front end have porting or not? It is unclear in some of their pics.

Thanks for your time,

-Jeff

Also, does anyone know if there is any lapco style barrels that go smaller than the autospirit, because I love that muzzle break at the 11 inch!

bunkerking
12-15-2001, 11:25 AM
freak, no doubt about it, it is the best.

headcase
12-15-2001, 12:55 PM
Well I just don't like Smart Parts, so in general I don't like the freak...........I had a CP Pro Kit, 5 bores, and it shot any paint I ever used perfectly. Yes, the tip is ported. But from now on I'm going with a couple one piece barrels in different bores by the same maker. I have 3 CP 12" nickle coming for my E-mag. When I get my cocker I'm going to get a set of JJ cermamics.

Later
SSDD

Vegeta
12-15-2001, 02:25 PM
I think ACI has one out now too. Saw an ad for them on the back page of APG, the last page.

FeelTheRT
12-15-2001, 03:56 PM
the CP kit is just a bunch of different barrels w/ different sizes.

here's the ACI PHAT barrel system, lol read the despriction
http://www.paintballgear.net/012-0244.htm

Originally posted by pbgear
Finally there’s a solution to the age old problem of matching the barrel to your paint preference. ACI’s “PHAT” Barrel System keeps your load from blowing prematurely or dribbling out the tip, with its patented, “compression zone” system. Why buy or carry extra barrels to an event only to find out that none of them are right for the job, when you can fine tune your game with one PHAT system. The PHAT system maximizes your range, accuracy and efficiency, all in one package. One gun, one barrel. Just choose your paint and shoot.

jurassic
12-15-2001, 04:14 PM
There's another system. The Equation Multiple Switch
Pro Barrel system with Stainless steel inserts. The insert bore sizes range from .683 to .693 in .002 increments. There is the adaptor back in 2 different styles and several different colors. The extension can be ported or unported and is in 3 different styles and also in several different colors. The extension comes in your choice of 3 different lengths to make the overall barrel 13",15" and 17". The muzzle can also be screwed into the adaptor back for a shorty barrel of 7". The muzzle is 3" long and has several different styles of porting and also has several colors to choose from. I have a set for the cocker and it is a very durable and efficent system to match the paint to the barrel. The consistency and shot groupings are excellent with well matched paint. The machining quality and the anodize finish is excellent. I personally feel it is a much better looking system than the Freak. Though the Freak shoots pretty darn well to.The stainless steel inserts are much sturdier than the the thin wall aluminum Freak inserts. The inserts fit very snugly in the adaptor and are laser ID'd. with bore size.
According to Equation the Mag barrel system will be complete in a few weeks. The complete set goes for $189.
I am not affiliated with Equation nor have anything to gain by posting. Check them out.
http://www.equationusa.com/

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-17-2001, 02:16 PM
why too all time favorite barrel kits are 1...the X-Type buy X-Enterprises...and two Warped Sports New 2 Peice. Why...because its easy...get your SS backs in the sizes you desire...tips and make your barrel. Best thing about them is tips and bores are interchangable with these:

JT Barrel Kit (avalanche too)
Warped Sports Kit
Custom Products 2-peice Kit
X Type
and one more in which i cant think about it...why is that good cause you can get all different varieties of tips...style...porting...and different backs if you want. Looks cool

Plus I dont like the freak cause the fact at how inconcistant it makes your gun (lots of porting)

Paintballer86
12-17-2001, 02:20 PM
GOOOOOOO FREAK!