PDA

View Full Version : Getting a Mag to the lowest possible pressure?

nsherman2006
02-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi all. I was bored last night, so i took apart 3 Mags and made a nice Frankenstein mag which i intend to keep and use. It has

Black Powerfeed Body
Intelliframe
3-Star Valve
ANS Phase 2 Venturi Bolt
Maxflo Vertical Regulator
Dye Boomstick Barrel

Now, since i only have access to co2, i need to run it off of that. In order to do that the best way possible, i put on the Maxflo reg, but i would also like to have it running at the lowest possible pressure. Would it work to crank the velocity adjuster almost all the way up, and reduce the input pressure until the velocity is reasonable, or is there some other way to do it?

Ace12GA
02-26-2006, 11:41 AM
A Classic valve will run CO2 fine. Use an anti-siphon, or a remote coil. Some people can get their mag to run as low as 650 psi input. It varies though. Do you realize that the mag valve has a built in regulator, and that you are double regulating it? I have 2 classic valve mags, both run fine off of CO2. I do get some shoot down when I am running a bottom line setup with a standard CO2 bottle; liquid gets into the valve, really messes it up for a minute or so the odd time. I usually use a remote coil, which eliminates this from happening at all. That or I use the vertical adapter for the bottle, which almost eliminates the problem. I tried an expansion chamber, and that helped a lot with the bottom line setup, but did not totally fix the problem; it was however very hard to make happen.

IMHO you're wasting your maxflo reg on a mag like that. You would be better off with a stabalizer, expansion chamber, or a plain old gas thru and a remote coil. A secondary reg just adds more restriction to the system, it does not add any expansion, so liquid can still get through; I realize not as easily, but it can.

nsherman2006
02-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Well, i'm not a fan of anti-siphon because it never ends up pointing the correct direction on all my guns, so i'd have to have multiple tanks, and it's just too much of a hassle for me to deal with. I also had an extra Maxflo reg lying around, so why not? I was running remote for a while, but i just dont like that setup, always feels like it's getting in the way. If i had a stabilizer here, i'd throw it on, but since the big bulky maxflos are losing value, yet they still work, i figure i'd throw it on at least for now and see how it works. And i think i'll always be running a litle more consistently through a double reg than a single. Thanks for the input, i'll experiment with it and hopefully i can get her down to around 700psi

Tao
02-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Hi all. I was bored last night, so i took apart 3 Mags and made a nice Frankenstein mag which i intend to keep and use. It has

Black Powerfeed Body
Intelliframe
3-Star Valve
ANS Phase 2 Venturi Bolt
Maxflo Vertical Regulator
Dye Boomstick Barrel

Now, since i only have access to co2, i need to run it off of that. In order to do that the best way possible, i put on the Maxflo reg, but i would also like to have it running at the lowest possible pressure. Would it work to crank the velocity adjuster almost all the way up, and reduce the input pressure until the velocity is reasonable, or is there some other way to do it?

The velocity adjuster essentially is just another regulator as far as I know. If you put a guage on it I bet you could see what psi=what FPS. Anyway An expansion chamber would be the best for co2 in my oppinion.

Shane-O-Mac
02-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, even with a vert max-flow, you need an anti-siphon. Otherwise the consistancy of it will not be good at all. If you setup one tank with an anti-siphon, you can use the o-ring in the asa trick to align the tank for other tanks, OR use the same asa on every gun. If you really want to run co2 you need the anti-siphon tube.

Did I say you need an anti-siphon tube????....... :D

Then try and set your max-flow to just a tic under 600psi. The mag valve runs around 425-350. So that is enough head room. OR gut the Air Valve (seat, pin, pin spring) and just run it off the max-flow. People have been doing something similar with a stabilizer for years.

Shane-O