PDA

View Full Version : Winter games

anarchyintheua
02-26-2006, 08:35 PM
I want to go to a winter game at my local field, i have never played in the winter and i was wondering, i've tried shooting my mag with co2 and it works like crap. So if i use my compressed air will it work in the cold without screwing up, also i dont want to use a shake and bake hopper out on the field, but if i get snow on my revvy will it break, pleaz give me your input

RRfireblade
02-26-2006, 08:40 PM
In freezing temps?

Co2 = No No
Brittle Plastic = No No
Brittle Shell Paint = No No

CA will help but the cold stiffens o-rings , freezes condensation and generally makes things run sluggish so be prepared.

fullofpaint
02-26-2006, 09:08 PM
doesn;t apply to you but anyone else playing in cold weather should know spool valve markers: MAtrix's, Shockers, etc. don't function well at all in the cold

peewee
02-26-2006, 09:19 PM
When I play in freezing weather I tape a hand warmer on the back of my mag & keep it in the car with heat on if I can. They should be using arctic freez paint or some other cold weather paint.

BD_Paintball
02-26-2006, 09:28 PM
doesn;t apply to you but anyone else playing in cold weather should know spool valve markers: MAtrix's, Shockers, etc. don't function well at all in the cold
you got that right. the lube gets really think and sticky. i played with my proto inside but not heated and it was having some trouble but i was still shooting ppl in the face like i always do.

fullofpaint
02-26-2006, 09:58 PM
what I've found for my DM to be most effective is to run the stock bolt, Dye lube, and no tape mod or HBG

anarchyintheua
02-27-2006, 03:24 PM
Its suppose to be around 30 this weekend where i live, so what would be a better choice my ion or my mag to use

Cow hunter
02-27-2006, 03:30 PM
nonsense, i used my mag yesterday and it was 15*. woodsball all day, my gun was the only one still functioning, and my revvy (BE shells) survived just fine, i even dropped it off a rock a couiple times too

master_alexander
02-27-2006, 03:38 PM
viking + cold = no problem

rt + cold = no problem

nitro on both, it was about 20* when i was testing my guns in the cold. they worked fine, and were pretty consistent.

shorty24
02-27-2006, 11:34 PM
never had a prob w/ my mag in the cold here (yeah, it's MI, so that's pretty much how i play), but i've always run compressed air on it. If you use CO2, the powertube oring freezes up in about ten shots.