PDA

View Full Version : Freezing batteries

JAKEtheJAB
02-26-2006, 09:43 PM
I got my e-mag off of e-bay and the guy I bought it from said the battery is bad. I tried freezing the battery for two days and unthawing it to see if it would take a charge. However, I hooked it to the charger and the light was green. I guess this means that the freezing didn’t work. Now, when I hook the battery to my gun nothing happens. I should at least get a “low battery” signal right?

Blurry
02-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I got my e-mag off of e-bay and the guy I bought it from said the battery is bad. I tried freezing the battery for two days and unthawing it to see if it would take a charge. However, I hooked it to the charger and the light was green. I guess this means that the freezing didn’t work. Now, when I hook the battery to my gun nothing happens. I should at least get a “low battery” signal right?

You froze it like i said and then what did you try thawing it then charging it fully, if it didnt work the first time try it again sometimes that works but i would just leave it on a charger overnight maybe

pm me i will see ifi can think of anything else

shades
02-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Your battery WILL eventually wont take a charge any more. I JUST had to replace the pack on my Emag. I bought NIMH at Walmart and had a hobby shop build a pack for me. $28-for 16(you need 14) and $10 to build the pack. :D Plus, the cells are 750 amp/hr instead of the AGD which is 650amp/hr for $80. :wow:
Please let us know if you freezing worked to revive your pack. :bounce:
P.S. my old pack is Okay I just had too replace one cell in the pack Oh well now I have two. :headbang: My be I could sell it? :rolleyes:

11 Bravo
02-27-2006, 04:06 PM
What does freezing the battery do? :confused:

shades
02-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Freezing is supposed to restore some of the "chargeablity" (Increase battery storage). This is done with Li ion cells in laptops and cell phones. But I dont know if it works with NiMH or NiCd Batteries. That is why I am curious about his results.
The Proceedure for the freezing is:
1> discharge the batteries completely.
B. put the batteries in an air tight bag (zipploc)
ThirdLY: freeze for two days
FOur: keep in bag let thaw for five hours at room temp or what ever it takes.
E. Recharge
You can only charge batteries about 1,000 times then that is about it. if they are done they are done. Although I am curious to see if this will work on cell phone batteries because there is alot of scuttlebutt about it on the NET.
BTW If you have Old Nicd Or LI ions or NIMH batteries laying around please take them to Radio Shack ot be recycled, dont just through them away. They terrible for the enviroment as far as chemical pollution.

JAKEtheJAB
02-28-2006, 11:04 AM
I think my battery is done, because it is still not recieving a charge. The charger actually doesn't recognize that the battery needs to be recharged.