PDA

View Full Version : quick emag batt life/psi input question

Jotsy
02-27-2006, 09:22 AM
ok just a quick question. am i right in assuming that if my air input is higher, then my batt will die sooner (or rather, the solenoid will fail to fire sooner) because the on/off pressure would be higher?

Dayspring
02-27-2006, 09:35 AM
I think the on/off pressure effect is negligent. I seriously doubt that the solenoid is working so close to the edge of its capacity at 800psi.

Jotsy
02-27-2006, 09:59 AM
hmmm ok thanks. another quick, semi-related question: when i charge my battery and it goes green, if i unplug it and plug it back in, it goes red again. is this normal or harmful in anyway?

11 Bravo
02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
I am pretty sure that its still charging when the light turns red. I beleive the normal charging method is to just put it on there for about 4 hours. You should get one of those digital voltage meters so that you can see how much of a charge you have in the battery.

REDRT
02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
I believe the charger light goes green when it reaches about 80% fully charged. I keep mine on for an extra 20-30 minutes after that point. I haven't had a problem thus far with this practice. I also haven't seen anything negative running the emag at a higher imput presssure. Although I figure why since I'm running in Emode 99% of the time. The higher pressure really only comes into play during mechanical operation. This year I'm ditching the heavy adjustable tank with a lighter more compact preset screw in. Emag just doesn't need it to be fast.

Jotsy
02-27-2006, 10:49 AM
thanks guys. you've been a great help.

btw, i'm wondering why isn't there a sticky thread about all things realted to battery/charger problems? i figured this would help a lot of people seeing as how they can be quite confusing and expensive to replace.