PDA

View Full Version : Aargghh!!! I really need someone to help me out.

Puddleglum
12-15-2001, 01:56 PM
I recently got my Mag back from Redrider(who did an awsome job). I was shooting off my porch today after getting my tank filled. Well here's my problem. When I pull the trigger it usually fires just fine. But sometimes the trigger rod doesn't push the trigger back and you hear the sound of air rushing out somewhere. What is going on? The On/Off is well oiled.

virus
12-15-2001, 06:33 PM
2 words.... bolt stick

to see if it is bolt stick... if you have a straight shot or something long and narrow enough to put down the barrer of your mag..... recreate the problem now stick the straight shot down to the bolt and push it back...

if the leak stops... it is bolt stick... just get a powertube spacer kit (usally around $10) and install a shorter spacer then what is currently in your mag.... repeat untill bolt stick stops

DrEvil
12-15-2001, 06:47 PM
anybody else noticing the hi amount of bolt stick posts today? maybe its just me.

deded
12-15-2001, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by DrEvil
anybody else noticing the hi amount of bolt stick posts today? maybe its just me.
You didn't get the memo dr. evil?

Today is national bolt stick day.

DrEvil
12-15-2001, 06:59 PM
i leave the computer for 10 minutes and.........

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-15-2001, 07:09 PM
by the way, an easier way to get the bolt back besides using a straight shot is just to slam the back of the mag with your hand. same affect, and it'll bring the bolt back.

xmetal2001
12-15-2001, 07:15 PM
WOW, the same exact thing happened to me the other day when i was playing. First time something had happened to my mag that put me out of the game.(trust me, wasn't fixable on the field)

Puddleglum
12-15-2001, 08:14 PM
Yeah, its really frustrating because this is THE FIRST problem I've ever had with my Mag. It's kinda nice to know they aren't like immortal or anything. Earthly and prone to corruption like the rest of us, but enough about me.:D

I think I'm gonna need a spacer kit. Anyone have one for sale? And I think I found part of my problem. I had made my trigger pull stiffer by putting half an o-ring up against the trigger around the little pin that hold it in. It was nice but I think it was too hard for the On/Off to push back out.

Thanks for your help, and if anyone has a spacer kit. Or even a 225 let me know. PM is good.:)

Butterfingers
12-15-2001, 08:34 PM
Check youre LPS local paintball shop they usually have a couple dozen of these things laying around