PDA

View Full Version : Tac One: Durability, reliability, efficiency

kornbread
03-02-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty new to this sight. I currently use an ICD AlleyCat that I have had for about 9 years. It works great, but I would like better consistency and reliability. I've been looking at the Tac One. I keep hearing that it is not as efficient on air as some other guns. My main concern about this is that I would like to get at least 1000 shots before I have to refil. (cost of air is not an issue) I also would like a gun that is very low maintenance, and very consistent. I'm not as concerned with a high rate of fire, but I hear this will do very well in that department also.

Here are my questions:

1) What air set up would I need in order to be able to fird 1000 shots between refils?
2) What kind of maintenance do you regularly need to do on this gun and how often?
3) Do you ever have any problems during game play? If so what kind?
4) Can this gun take a beating?

Thanks....BTW This site rocks!

11 Bravo
03-02-2006, 10:54 AM
1) 68/4500
2) Oil it
3) Never
4) Oh yeah.

After the lvl 10 breaks in there is very little maintenance that needs to be done other than oiling.

shades
03-02-2006, 11:13 AM
1> I have an old setup for nitro duck A 114cu.in. 3000psi(huge) it will give me about 900 balls before shoot down at 600 psi output pressure. So.... a 68 or 72 At 4500 should be the same or close.

2> Maintainance: Three drops of 3:1 oil into your valve input followed by hundred dry fires with the barrel off after a day of play. and of course clean all the hits off.
But, If you want to TOTALLY Strip the gun down to its Five main parts: body, rail, grip and valve, you have to remove all of the TWO screws holding the hole marker together and one of those is a thumb screw.

3>No problems. You will have to Learn how to shoot the marker properly. IF You get too excited when playing and you tend to short stroke the trigger. But after you play awhile this happens less often. No chops with the level 10 that is unless you have REALLY OLD paint that would break if you just dropped one. "Bolt stick" was a problem that I had occasionally with my old LVL 7 bolt that I hahve Not had since chaging over to a LVL 10 bolt. Which will come standard on a Tac-ONE.

4>I would not drag it behind a car or use it as a hammer. It wont go out of "time" if you drop it or play with it. It is Pretty solid. The simplicity of the marker is Why it is my Favorite marker of all that are out there or that have ever been made. There is NONE faster or more well engineered. If you want a comparison between the Tank of ALL paintball makers Tippmann and AGD. That would be like comparing a M1A1 to Hummer. The Tippmann (any) is Tough but slow and the faster you make it the more fragile it becomes. Where the Tac-one is fast and tough. :headbang:

This Site DOES ROCK. And Is A HUGE HUGE HUGE reason AGD support IS Number ONE.
The INTELLIGENT people Of Automag.org make this site ROCK.
Welcome back to the light side of the FORCE. :rofl:
Just wait till you hook the Intelifeed to you Revy or a Warp feed you will be a happy boy. :hail:
I hope this answered your questions. If not pm me ill give you my phone number. :cheers:
Long LIVE AGD.

11 Bravo
03-02-2006, 11:17 AM
^^^^ I get 1,100 shots from my 68/4500

kornbread
03-06-2006, 08:47 PM
1> I have an old setup for nitro duck A 114cu.in. 3000psi(huge) it will give me about 900 balls before shoot down at 600 psi output pressure.

I thought Tac Ones needed 800-900 psi to function. Does the lower psi increase efficiency?

Thanks for all the answers so far!

shades
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM
The higher the input pressure the more reactivity you get that is unless you have a ULT. This is why I recommend an adjustable tank for all Mags. This way you dont need a ULT. as far as reducing reactivity goes.

kornbread
03-07-2006, 01:46 AM
I guess I learn something new every day. So If I am not as concerned with reactivity (I'm assuming that this is either how fast the gun cycles, or how fast the reactive trigger responds) then I could use a lower air pressure in my gun. Is that correct?

I'm planning on an adjustable tank anyway. I'm just trying to get this concept.

Thanks! :hail:

Dayspring
03-07-2006, 12:15 PM
The MINIMUM operating pressure is 600psi. I don't know about you, but I don't like running stuff at the absolute MINIMUM it takes to run. Just run it at the standard 800psi and you'll be set.

LONEWOLFOO1
03-07-2006, 06:18 PM
i have a ult kit install and thought about running it at 850. thats going to be one reactive trigger.

Dayspring
03-08-2006, 10:23 AM
No really, it's not. ULT will REDUCE reactivity. (The same technology that reduces the pull weight also reduces the PUSH of the pin.)