PDA

View Full Version : Preset or Adjustable?

Carbon Blue
03-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey there, well after deciding long and hard Ive come to the decision that I want to anodize the mag. The only thing that stopped me was that my inline maxflo reg was silver and the color theme I was going to go with would not match at all, so I sold the tank in hopes that I would find a black inline maxflo tank setup. I was wondering what other tanks do you guys use to power your xvalved mags? I miss the ease and practicality of a preset screw in but then again I dont want to starve the mag of air during high rates of fire. So my question you all is what type of preset are you running? are you content with it? Do you suffer from shootdown? or should I just keep on looking for another adjustable inline maxflo? Let me know what you think, thanks

Chronobreak
03-03-2006, 05:19 PM
flatlines are great ofcouse, maxflows are fine as far as adj goes
armageddon etc

presets, crossfires are very nice and what most people use with no problems at the highest rof's.

atm743
03-03-2006, 05:21 PM
get a crossfire if you are looking to go back to preset

they will never starve the xvalve. my bud has a 71 4500 stuby crossfire on his xmag and when in mech or e the thing RIPS and dosent drop off or cuff.

never seen any other pre set better than the crossfire.

Phantom_Mag
03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Heres my tank I love it.

http://guerrillaair.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=29

REDRT
03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
My brother has a crossfire and I have a new guerrilla air reg. Both work very well. On RTs with standard on/offs it is kind of nice to have adj reg to get the added bounce. On the emags who cares. Hardly ever use mech mode so high input pressures aren't that big of deal as long as the reg flows and doesn't starve the valve.
Ule on/offs I can go either way. An adj reg cranked to 1000psi gives it a little more bounce but not like the standard on/off. Presets work pretty well. Bottom line unless your shooting a classic rt or an rt with a standard on/off and want mad bounce, presets are kind of the way to go. Less bulk and it makes for a tighter package. I'm thinking of selling my adj regs/tanks and run all presets.

warbeak2099
03-03-2006, 10:57 PM
My preset Nitro Duck actually gets a little reactivity, and that's with a ULT. It recharges plenty fast for an X-valved mag.

Carbon Blue
03-04-2006, 07:40 PM
thanks for the post, looks like i may purchase a 70ci 4500 stubby crossfire :dance: