PDA

View Full Version : Make a Mag out of Spare Parts?

AMGuy
12-15-2001, 05:45 PM
Can I just buy a mag body, body frame, trigger frame and valve sepretly to make a perfectly good mag?

Would I have any trouble obtaining the screwes etc to attach these things together? Where would I get them if I did not have them? Will AGD sell them to me if I called them?

How exactly does the main body attach to the body frame? Is it easy to put together?

Thx in advanced!:)

DrEvil
12-15-2001, 05:51 PM
you could do it. but i think it would be cheaper to by a complete one. only 2 screws hold the body to the bodyrail/frame.

Drew
12-15-2001, 10:44 PM
all four of my mags were built this way:D

EnW
12-15-2001, 10:47 PM
Yes...it is definately possible. I put mine together for under $200! I found most of the stuff used or on ebay..I got a DYE stainless for $38!!! Granted, a friend of mine did give me stock grip frame and a valve!!

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-16-2001, 12:01 AM
my mags were assembled the same way.

ProjectMag
12-16-2001, 02:13 PM
Building your own mag is probably the best option because you get to choose the parts that go on instead of getting everything stock, then upgrading. It'll save you money in the long run.

X-Plosive
12-16-2001, 02:33 PM
It's expensive as hell unless you are going to go around buying used parts. I built one mag this way and I got ripped but I was buying new parts to build a STOCK mag. The only way this will work out for you is if you plan on building a mag with aftermarker parts such as the intelliframe, z-grip, retro valve, etc.If you are going for a completely custom mag you will probably save yourself some money but on the downside you won't have all the spare parts laying around to sell or use as backups:) A powerfeedmag is $250 from http://www.pantballgear.net.

Riot[Z-Grip]
12-16-2001, 09:20 PM
Actually, im doing that right now. I've ended up with so many spare parts from upgrading my current mag, that all I need is a barrel, body, and 1 screw.

-Riot

Slapp
12-17-2001, 12:16 PM
It is easy to build a Mag from used or spare parts but you should know that you are likely to pay just as much to do this as you are to just buy one used that has already been built. You will get to know your marker pretty well by building one and as others have mentioned it allows you to choose the exact setup you want without ending up with a bunch of extra unused parts.

Another good way to go is find a used Mag that comes close to the setup you want (regular valve/retro valve/double trigger ect...). Buy the used one and you may only have to add a couple things to end up with exactly the setup you want (gas through grip, superbolt, intelliframe ect...).

Good luck!

jdrotert
12-17-2001, 02:16 PM
You can get all the little parts (along with the big parts) at the store (http://store.airgun.com/).