PDA

View Full Version : geddon reg repair

Jotsy
03-04-2006, 10:13 AM
ok, so after about 6 months of not being used i gassed up my armageddon system and it wouldn't output above 650psi (not a prob tho, still worked fine. but still i would like to have it around 800psi). it worked fine the last time i used it.

so suspecting something was up i took it apart and noticed one of the orings was damaged (altho that may have happened while i was taking it apart :tard: ). its the oring that goes over the main internal sleeve/ring thing. i would point it out on the schematic drawings but aparently i can't find the air america site anymore. now when i put everything together again, it leaks out the front. other than that, everything else looked ok.

anyways, i replaced the oring with the closest similar oring i could find. it fits perfectly in place but when i put it together it still leaks. took it out again and noticed this one is slightly too. i think its getting damaged when i put it back because it has to rub along all the threading on the main sleeve.

now my question is:
1) how do i put it back together without damaging the oring?
2) what caused the original problem of not being able to go over 650psi??

fyi, its a 2003 model armageddon with the fancy smooth milling if that makes a difference. and its been to Air America before to get fixed and had an upgrade mod done.

thanks

[EDIT] ah ok, i found a copy of the armageddon manual on my hard drive... in pdf format tho. the oring i'm talking about is the outside oring on the piston seal carrier

Shane-O-Mac
03-04-2006, 10:22 AM
check the bore and see if there is something catching the o-ring. It shouldn't get damaged by sliding it in. Make sure you lube it with oil, not grease. The o-ring you think fit, prolly isnt correct. You need a 16-70 urethane o-ring. There was someone on ebay selling AA's old parts, check it out for rebild kits, and buy a few for spare. Also, check the inner o-ring, the piece your talking about is called the carrier. The inner o-ring could be leaking also. That may cause the low output.

Shane-O

Jotsy
03-04-2006, 01:14 PM
thanks man, i checked out the ebay seller and he doesn't ship to UK so i guess i'll have to find a replacement. thanks again.

REDRT
03-04-2006, 01:58 PM
I must have erased the email. Contact Geurrilla Air. They sent me an Email address to contact if I needed some AA parts. It was something like AAsalvage@??? Anyway if you can get the email address it might produce results for you depending what might be left.

Shane-O-Mac
03-04-2006, 02:29 PM
If your i UK, see if you can track down John Sosta, He used to run AGD Europe (still in business?) and AA Europe, he prolly has parts, and he's in the UK.

Shane-O

Edit*
Try this site: http://www.airgun.com/Europe/contact.shtml
And this site: http://store.securehosting.com/stores/sh200074/

Dont know if they are good addys or not, but give'em a try. Looks like the second one may still be good. They list the parts kit you need, just look around the site, it took me a minute or two to find it. If you cant find any at all, PM me I may have a small stash of the o-rings left.

Shane-O

Jotsy
03-09-2006, 05:56 PM
it looks like i'll need to find the o-rings from someplace else. oh btw, do you know what size is the inner carrier o-ring? thanks

Shane-O-Mac
03-10-2006, 02:24 AM
16-70 inside and outside o-rings.

Drop me a PM and I will see if I have any to send you. I think I might.

Shane-O