PDA

View Full Version : field strip screw... brass tube?

deded
12-15-2001, 06:49 PM
I took my mag apart to clean it, and I think I lost the little brass tube that went between the field strip screw and the trigger frame/body rail. I can't seem to find these for sale anywhere. I've been using a makeshift replacement for now, but I'd like to get the real thing to be on the safe side.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or am I the only one in the world who had this little brass tube... er maybe its just the dye frames that need em or something.

Thx:D

Tunaman
12-15-2001, 06:51 PM
That is called a rail bushing. If the one you made fits ok and your gun shoots ok, then don't worry. Call AGD for a new one.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-15-2001, 07:14 PM
i've learned that you only really need them for the retro valve's. i only have automags so i don't know about rt's, emags, ect. but the only time i ever had a problem is when i had a retro valve in there. the valve would back out and i would get a leak out of the front. but with the stock valves, it would back out, but it wouldn't leak. i'm pretty sure that drop zone has them. they have a whole mess of little parts like that. the link is in the dealer's forum. if agd or the drop zone is going to charge you, i have an extra one i could give you. just let me know. i can mail it out monday.

Puddleglum
12-15-2001, 08:15 PM
What's a rail bushing??

J/K Lol

Tunaman
12-15-2001, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
i've learned that you only really need them for the retro valve's. i only have automags so i don't know about rt's, emags, ect. but the only time i ever had a problem is when i had a retro valve in there. the valve would back out and i would get a leak out of the front. but with the stock valves, it would back out, but it wouldn't leak. i'm pretty sure that drop zone has them. they have a whole mess of little parts like that. the link is in the dealer's forum. if agd or the drop zone is going to charge you, i have an extra one i could give you. just let me know. i can mail it out monday. No no no! All Automags NEED a rail bushing to function properly. It keeps the frame aligned with the rail. You MUST have one.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-15-2001, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
i've learned that you only really need them for the retro valve's. i only have automags so i don't know about rt's, emags, ect. but the only time i ever had a problem is when i had a retro valve in there. the valve would back out and i would get a leak out of the front. but with the stock valves, it would back out, but it wouldn't leak. i'm pretty sure that drop zone has them. they have a whole mess of little parts like that. the link is in the dealer's forum. if agd or the drop zone is going to charge you, i have an extra one i could give you. just let me know. i can mail it out monday.
yeah, you have to have the bushing. that guy who said you didn't need it is a moron. don't listen to him.

deded
12-15-2001, 09:30 PM
Thanks a lot guys!

I'll write an email and ask for one.

:D

Slapp
12-17-2001, 05:15 PM
Tunaman is dead on here and being a certified rail bushing tech I should know! Ha!

No magic to what these do, they simply keep your grip frame and your body rail in alignment. They have nothing to do with valve function, efficiency or anything else. You can bolt a mag together and it will work without a rail bushing but you may have your grip frame slip a bit out of alignment which could effect trigger and sear function.

Rail bushings are all the same so just order one from AGD or somewhere. They are only about $2 I think so don't spend a lot of time finding the best deal.

PyRo
12-17-2001, 06:00 PM
Thordic would tell you differant :) You need them in all mags.
AGD would have them, probably $2 or so.