PDA

View Full Version : Z grips...

Maggot6
03-05-2006, 09:32 AM
I was just looking at the Ygrip (sticky) thread, and noticed a bunch of people were saying that they wanted the Zgrip's to go back into production. This brings a few things to mind

- Would it be possible, for a custom guy to make these? Or are they copyrighted or something of that nature?

- Do you think enough of us AO'ers would truly make that much profit for AGD to actually make some? Or do you think it would end up much like Coolhands case, in which everyone says they want it and when push comes to shove it's hard to get 25 people to buy the frame?

- (having never held one) are they truly THAT much more comfortable than the Ygrip anyway? Or does everyone who wants another run of them just want to be THAT much different?

RoamingStorm
03-05-2006, 09:35 AM
I do think that they are very comfortable, for me they provide some wierd angles and positions in games. I donw know about them being copyrighted, but if agd did come out with them I think that they could make a profit depending on how much they charge.

-RS

luke
03-05-2006, 09:47 AM
Yes, Tom K. has a patent on it...

Resurection
03-05-2006, 10:02 AM
I believe Tom had the patent on ANY frame over 90*... am I correct?

luke
03-05-2006, 10:21 AM
I believe so..

slade
03-05-2006, 10:22 AM
tom has the patent, but he licensed it to a company who produced y-grips for the bushy.

Cow hunter
03-05-2006, 10:54 AM
tom has the patent, but he licensed it to a company who produced y-grips for the bushy.
i think he said he let them borrow it, he still owns the patent

buzzboy
03-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Tom allowed zentram to make a frame for bushys called the z grip. It had the angle of the Y grip. Tom also has the paten for over 90*. Look at his website. It has a list of his patens. Some weird ones. Like a clip fed idea he had and for some form of paintball fill.

sean33
03-05-2006, 12:22 PM
if they did make the z-grip again i would deffinetly buy one and create a monster becasue they look so nice.

Pyroboy597
03-05-2006, 12:41 PM
He also owns/works for (not sure which) a company that makes movie effect paintballs. Like balls filled with dust for a smoke effect, or balls filled with fake blood for use in movies. They also make ones filled with water for police training, and sell empty shells that can be filled with anything.

GT
03-05-2006, 02:50 PM
If you guys want one I have one in the classifieds. In all honesty I dont think there is enough demand.

Maggot6
03-24-2006, 06:39 AM
Well, after some patient waiting etc, I decided to revive the thread..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7227356235&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
That one just went for $150.01...VS the 200-300 price tags I keep hearing about.
It seems no one is hungry enough to make the bid go anywhere near higher than that. Even though I keep on hearing that Z's should be going for like, 200-250...

Dryden
03-24-2006, 08:02 AM
If you guys want one I have one in the classifieds. In all honesty I dont think there is enough demand.
Agreed. If you check here on AO and eBay, at any given time there are three or four for sale and usually they'll sit for a week or two. I don't think there is enough demand.

That one just went for $150.01...VS the 200-300 price tags I keep hearing about.
It seems no one is hungry enough to make the bid go anywhere near higher than that. Even though I keep on hearing that Z's should be going for like, 200-250...
I bought mine for $85 here on AO last year. :rolleyes:

LinearGoose
03-24-2006, 10:41 PM
I just bought a brand new one in the box from an online store for $140. To me z-grips rule but im not sure if they should come back in production. It is a smart and different design but sinces its different and maybe not in style people will probly not buy them.But z-grips still kick some A__ and to they are the best grip i have every seen. :D :dance: :D :headbang: